Strange times

Bit the bullet and decided to can the two night trip we had planned with our son and the grandkids. Just didn't seem like the right thing to do even though we would meet no one and be tucked up out of the way for a day or two. We will be going to his place, as planned, but we'll stay there until the kids go back to school.

Cheers

H

• Sad
Reactions: REC
Were in tier 2 and i told swmbo to forget xmas this year son is in building game meets a lot of people - and although we are allowed on xmas day to have them round she wont listen - more of a mothering thing i think - and she uses a puffer this time of year

Were in tier 2 and i told swmbo to forget xmas this year son is in building game meets a lot of people - and although we are allowed on xmas day to have them round she wont listen - more of a mothering thing i think - and she uses a puffer this time of year

Never beat that instinct I suppose.

In our case our lad last worked over a week ago and its always in very tight restrictions set by the production companies. We are his support bubble and will not be mixing with another household at any time we are away so we are probably no more of a risk or at no more of a risk by being there.

Whatever you're doing I hope you all have as good a Christmas as you can.

Cheers

H

We're going to son and family just for the day. Felt guilty saying we wouldn't stay the night (d in law works in high risk job)
so we were relieved when the advice of no overnight stays vindicated us.

Cornwall has been really low on rates but the graph is now starting a steep rise...at least for us it is from a very low level to start with.

Three of my boys tested negative, the eldests flatmate was pos so as soon as Ruaidhri got the all clear with a negative test and had done his time for self isolation he is now back in the nest. The other two boys had spent time with Ru so as a precaution went and had the test done now a full house of six.👍🍻😁

We're in tier 4 and about 400 yards from being in tier 2 where our kids and grandkids live.

We'll have a proper Christmas at a later date.
When I tell you we can see Sandy mast from our houses you know we're not that far from you. Mind you can see Lister hospital from one of the house.
CV-19 has ripped through our local schools.

Just remember people, Covid will not be taking a holiday at Christmas. Granddaughter had her birthday last week, we have only seen them about four times since February, but as we don’t personally know anybody that’s had a confirmed case I got a bit complacent and visited with her presents, the following day daughter contacted us to say younger granddaughter had now to isolate until Xmas Eve as one of her classmates had tested positive. I was dithering what to do for Xmas, but it’s made my mind up for me, I’ll miss them terribly but not worth the risk imo.

We are currently fighting off an invite for Christmas dinner at a Portuguese home.....we don't have to isolate but feel we should. They are allowed no more than five people, we will do it later when we feel comfortable with it! Christmas isn't cancelled, just the celebration in groups. We all want a future, not just a day to remember. Feel so sorry for those who know it is their last Christmas though.

We are currently fighting off an invite for Christmas dinner at a Portuguese home.....we don't have to isolate but feel we should. They are allowed no more than five people, we will do it later when we feel comfortable with it! Christmas isn't cancelled, just the celebration in groups. We all want a future, not just a day to remember. Feel so sorry for those who know it is their last Christmas though.

That`s the best phrase i`ve heard throughout all this and the government would do well to take it on board and use that instead of some of the other hair-brained bloody phrases they`ve come up with.

We decided to go and get a Covid test this afternoon, we were in and out within 15/20 minutes, very straightforward, just take your smart phone with you so you can register online while queuing, the results also came through within about 20 minutes, you don’t have to hang about they get sent straight to your phone. Glad to say we both came back as negative.

Tried to get tested up here in Scotland when the mobile testing team came to our village but it seems that you can only book a test if you have symptoms!

Hope you get to see your granddaughter soon we have just became grandparents and feel the same but if you’ve been careful and doing all the right stuff you should be ok to see her and like you we would like to be as careful as possible but I still think you shouldn’t go for a test unless you have symptoms. This thing is a curse it’s got us all not knowing what to do for the best I’m not saying you’re wrong for thinking that way as we are all at odds what to do for the best.👍

we cancelled xmas yesterday . we had some idea of going to the daughter's for an hour or 2 , have a bite ,give pressies etc , but it was making me a bit nervous ,the house and garden are small ,hard to keep a distance . so ,sad as it is ,i'm relieved not to do it . her and g/son came up yesterday ,but our garden is big enough for us to sit out and the lad to have a run round ,fankgawd the weathers pretty good !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back