Strange times

The laird

Sitting here in the house with the mutt ,watching tv,wife working at hospital night shift ,me and some san miguel ,just thinking we should be away in the van ,I went out today started it up and ran up to working temp ,
I really hope we all observe the rules of lockdown etc then we can hopefully get back to some sort of normalli next year
so folks fingers crossed we can all get through this period and get that light at the tunnel end in the new year
stay safe and well friends

Bit of a bugger for you Gordon in Scotland. We're in tier two so far and looking forward to a couple of nights away at New Year in the top end of the Lake District. As I understand it, you are not permitted to travel outside local authority areas. I've spent the evening listening to Canarian folk music whilst Roseann has been following the Strictly final. Sunshine in yer ears at least.

Cheers

H

Sitting here in the house with the mutt ,watching tv,wife working at hospital night shift ,me and some san miguel ,just thinking we should be away in the van ,I went out today started it up and ran up to working temp ,
I really hope we all observe the rules of lockdown etc then we can hopefully get back to some sort of normalli next year
so folks fingers crossed we can all get through this period and get that light at the tunnel end in the new year
stay safe and well friends
dont get to ex-cited, saty safe, the time will come when,well met again , dont no when dont no were, but. always look on the bright side of life, ok.pj

We’re going into tier 4 from Sunday. We use the van for away football games during the winter staying overnight somewhere. Ain’t happened this year and can’t even listen to them on the radio for 3 games as they’ve got the convids. 🦠🦠😷

Surrey:
Tier 4 now. If D-I-L and youngest granddaughter return negative tests Christmas Day can go ahead.
I think I'm allowed out for a walk and it's pissing down, might take advantage of that as it will be more memorable than it not pissing down.

Surrey:
Tier 4 now. If D-I-L and youngest granddaughter return negative tests Christmas Day can go ahead.
Dont think it can - but that is my interpretation christmasday only up to tier 3

Bit of a bugger for you Gordon in Scotland. We're in tier two so far and looking forward to a couple of nights away at New Year in the top end of the Lake District. As I understand it, you are not permitted to travel outside local authority areas. I've spent the evening listening to Canarian folk music whilst Roseann has been following the Strictly final. Sunshine in yer ears at least.

Cheers

H
Take care harold hope you are all well n safe. G

Take care harold hope you are all well n safe. G

Just trying to work out what we can and can’t do now Gordon. We have a support bubble with our son for childcare and he is in a tier three area whilst we are in their two. Obviously the intent of this type of bubble is to allow him to work when the work is there, freelance sound engineer, but we have seen it as a licence to spend some time with him and the kids.

I’ve had a read at the .gov site and not a lot wiser. It’d be a proper kick in the teeth if our planned Christmas has to be abandoned but I can understand the hurt and frustration people are and will be experiencing. Taken aback a wee bit with this. I usually just view it all pragmatically but it’s beginning to bite now.

Onwards and upwards eh?

Cheers

H

We planned five days of Xmas at my MIL's which has now had to be cancelled, she is 95 and spending Xmas day alone, we were torn anyway because we didn't think the five day unrestricted was a good idea.
Just found out my lovely sister in law has had to be put into an induced coma so it isn't going to be a happy Xmas anyway😟

So sorry about your sister in law! @Tezza33 . The five day unrestricted just seems pointless. Christmas will happen, wait to celebrate when we are safe to do so. My mum will be on her own, but has had some days out with us in tier 2 last week, and just not worth risking mixing now she is home again in Kent. My son is delivering a Christmas meal on the day and she will get many calls.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back