Some folks really don't help us do they ....

mistericeman

Screenshot_20230528_121048_Facebook.jpg

I asked IF that was a campsite ....

"Nope just a car park " was the answer

Not doing much harm, and they have a baby to sort out, not saying its a good thing to do though.
But as a child i remember we did the picknic thing from the boot of an Anglia or gt cortina, foldable table chairs nosebag and flask of tea.

Never understood the appeal of those things but on what appears to be a public road. WTF!
Yes its seems a daft place to stop, lucky here as we have many of road spots, about 50% open to vans, kerney point springs to mind.
kerney d.jpg

Not doing much harm, and they have a baby to sort out, not saying its a good thing to do though.
But as a child i remember we did the picknic thing from the boot of an Anglia or gt cortina, foldable table chairs nosebag and flask of tea.
You are extracting urine I take it Trev.
It’s selfish w——rs like this who are ruining things for us.
I bet they are there for at least a week, I can hear the locals right now phoning their MP or their local politician. If they want to put out an awning and spend the week somewhere, try a campsite. :mad:

Yea, at least they are only using one parking space... And a bit of shelter is quite important.

I think they key really is how long they stay. 24/48hrs at a push, but any longer really is taking the p1ss.

Normally I’d be up in arms about what they’re doing. But right now I can understand why. They’re parked legally I assume, the awning tent thing is neat and tidy. They’re caring for a young child and it looks like there’s not a pack of kids or dogs milling around. How long they’re there for we won’t know, maybe it’s just a day out. If they leave it neat and tidy afterwards, then fair play to them.

Anytime I have seen awnings out in carparks they are staying put for a while. Elie now charges because of this behaviour, New England bay is closed to us because of this behaviour, and on, and on. This is a car park, not a campsite.
In Elie we had three awnings out when we left to go elsewhere, not wanting to be part of this behaviour.
The couple behind had been there for a week, and planned to stay another week.
Also what about toilet facilities are there any available, and if so are they 24 hours.
If I lived there I would not be happy.
Apologies if I am sounding harsh, but this kind of behaviour is not acceptable, even for a day.
Put yourself in the position of a local resident, would you be happy.
We have lost places for less than this.

Put yourself in the position of a local resident, would you be happy.
We have lost places for less than this.

I would be going back in a couple of days and having a chat if they are still there. It is entirely possible they think it's fine as they are legally parked, but don't know how much it annoys people. Maybe coming from someone who wild camps would make them take more notice, maybe not. But at least I've tried...

I would be going back in a couple of days and having a chat if they are still there. It is entirely possible they think it's fine as they are legally parked, but don't know how much it annoys people. Maybe coming from someone who wild camps would make them take more notice, maybe not. But at least I've tried...
I did in Elie, the reply was and I quote,

WE ARE DOING NOBODY ANY HARM

Well Fife now charge £10 a night in the affected carparks.
And we are lucky we have Robbie Blythe who runs the car parks to thank for that. If it was not for Robbie, the barriers would now be down.

I did reply to the post trying to gently educate that making it look like a campsite wasn't going to look good to locals etc ...

Met with the usual barrage of why shouldn't I /what harm is there ...
If we all comply etc etc .

I did reply to the post trying to gently educate that making it look like a campsite wasn't going to look good to locals etc ...

Met with the usual barrage of why shouldn't I /what harm is there ...
If we all comply etc etc .

Can't educate pork mate🤔

It’s the awning and windbreak that looks bad. The van and the buggy you wouldn’t take a second look.
What chance have we got cale. There are people out there trying to do their best for us. We have CAMPRA and it’s members trying to convince councils to accommodate us, some councils advocating a more tolerant attitude much to the annoyance of some locals, and individuals who have tried to do their bit.
I honestly believe they don’t realise what they are doing, but they are not alone, I have witnessed this many times, and sadly what follows next.

You are extracting urine I take it Trev.
It’s selfish w——rs like this who are ruining things for us.
I bet they are there for at least a week, I can hear the locals right now phoning their MP or their local politician. If they want to put out an awning and spend the week somewhere, try a campsite. :mad:
I agree, but fact is many dont see any harm in it, fact is as you say maybe staying a few days winds folk up, for me id have picked a much better qt place to stay with a bern, esp in maybe a hot day, a forest or some shade would be my pick.
One thing here is no one would have a word unlike English folk who would being finger wagers LOL.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back