Solar panels

One of these and a small two stroke genny.
40ah charger.png

hope you’ve not offered more than me jeff guardian of the purse has said i can look at lithium so i’m checking now saw that ad & also followed links to these seem to be plenty of variety but no prices shown ?

I have not offered yet Ken , I have been looking at this for about 2 weeks now and still cant make my mind up :cautious::unsure:

We've also been watching this for a while Jeff but the lack of low temperature cut off has put us off .is a good price though

Yes that is one of my concerns also , I was looking at something like this to put in line with the charging output , but not sure if the Amps of the unit need to be more

I was hoping there could be a way round the temperature cut off but haven't a clue I'm not that technical Jeff. Hopefully some one will be able to tell us if you're idea is the solution

https://www.lithiumbattery-rj.com/request-a-quote.htm.
this was the outfit i meant to put up earlier they have the option of a low temp pad also a bluetooth reader lots of options but no prices
i have tried looking this company up for reviews etc but r_j leads me to royal jordanian airways though they have a lot of sun not sure about batteries
I've sent a email asking for a price for a 200ah with temperature cut off Will report back if I get a reply

Got reply for a 200ah with low temperature cut off £458 shipping£117 and £25 for wire transfer or 5% if you use PayPal shipping takes 35 days
Apparently they have been supplying lithium battery for 16 years with customers worldwide

https://www.lithiumbattery-rj.com/request-a-quote.htm.
this was the outfit i meant to put up earlier they have the option of a low temp pad also a bluetooth reader lots of options but no prices
i have tried looking this company up for reviews etc but r_j leads me to royal jordanian airways though they have a lot of sun not sure about batteries
The full company name according to their web-site is CRJ Technology limited.
Some reviews have been posted on https://diysolarforum.com/threads/rj-energy-crj-technology-limited.12060/

i tried looking through that link seems to be a few negatives about the way they conduct themselves intellectual property rights etc but the products seem to be good? at 75% of the offer price on the e bay ones we’ve been monitoring , so not urgent will stand back and keep an eye on this pity really

Well I linked my 150watt solar in parallel to an 80watt panel mounted on a home made tilt and lock mechanism. I also got rid of pwm controller and replaced it with a Victron 75/15 mppt controller. Bearing in mind we don’t have mains hookup.

Wow, what a difference! The sun is so low in the sky right now but when it’s sunny and I direct the 80watt panel, I’m harvesting 5.5 watts/hour. When that panel is flat this figure drops by half! The Victron 30 day history is showing I’ve got fully charged leisure batteries plus they are getting absorption and float charging which they weren’t before adding the tilt panel.

It’s not stopped me from ordering a 200amp Polinovel Lifepo4 battery with Bluetooth, a 40 amp Victron mains charger and a Victron 30 amp dc to dc charger. I’m liking the Victron gear, it seem pricey, but the quality is definitely there.

I added the second panel on the 29th December, you can see the trend since then but this has continued with decent absorption and float charging recorded. You can see that on the 4th January tracking the sun half of the day, I pulled in 10.83 amp hours by the time it dropped off to 89 watts. Not too shoddy for this time of year.
C1CED62F-9DFB-474C-B32A-7D6CF57DB548.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back