Screwed upTyre

yeoblade

Found this in a tyre this morning, it has a v slow puncture. New tyre a few month back 😢.
Question is - is it too close to the edge for a repair? .(Black around the screw is where I made it wet to see if it was leaking)
20200913_171334.jpg

Last edited:
If you can find one it can be repaired by a tyre vulcanising company unfortunately now very rare .

OLD MOTs were brakes lights and steering
Brakes and steering no good if a tyre "Blows"
Even a minor scuffle with a safety barrier woud prove both expensive and inconvenient maybe very disruptive
I would replace with new

have a look on here . also a pot of oko tyre sealant can be handy.
the tyre repir kits work great ,got into using them while in africa , could get ten or eleven punctures a day when crossing the sahara . no need to even remove the wheel from the vehicle so long as you have a good pump to put air back in the tyre. drove thousands of miles with them in .

Found this in a tyre this morning, it has a v slow puncture. New tyre a few month back 😢.
Question is - is it too close to the edge for a repair? .(Blackaround the screw is where I made it wet to see if it was leaking)
View attachment 86500

Its not my recommendation but my neighbors car has a puncture like that and it has passed the mot 2 years running, see what the tyre repair place says.

To close to the sidewall. A repair wouldn’t last long and would let you down at the most inconvenient time. You could get away with plugging it and fitting a tube. Putting it on the rear would put less strain on the sidewall.

To close to the sidewall. A repair wouldn’t last long and would let you down at the most inconvenient time. You could get away with plugging it and fitting a tube. Putting it on the rear would put less strain on the sidewall.
Tubes are elegal now in a tubeless tyre,things have moved on. 😂

Always run all my vehicles with that if you notice a small screw like that which will have done no damage to tyre just unscrew it and drive on or jack up and spin the wheel it'll seal its self in minutes not to late to add it now before you take screw out.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OKO-TYRE...530570&hash=item27c179ea43:g:v3IAAOSwBRVact~O

Oko will not seal if close to side wall,a mushroom plug will work,i used to fitt tyres.

Whether it will plug depends on the opinion of the tyre fitter. I am confident having one of mine plugged in a similar position one of the local fitters around here would repair it cost me £10 about 3 weeks ago

Oko will not seal if close to side wall,a mushroom plug will work,i used to fitt tyres.
So do I and mushroom plug isn't any good if one side of it partly comes up the side wall OKO will do it as long as punctures in the tread area

So do I and mushroom plug isn't any good if one side of it partly comes up the side wall OKO will do it as long as punctures in the tread area
Looks ok to me but as you say best to let a good fitter take a peak.

If it wasn't so new I'd just have got a new one, so I went to independent (not quickfit etc) tyre fitters and they took a look and said it was just on the on the limit of repairable, so plugged and sealed now for £12.50.
I know all the big boys will just say you need a new tyre, little profit in a repair.
I will monitor it now and may buy some OKO.
thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back