Red full light in toilet?

According to Thetford you are supposed to crap with the paddle closed or the stink is disgusting.

According to the Thetford manual for the C200 series, the toilet can be used with the flap open or closed.

See section 3 points 9 onwards. It could be read whilst on the cassette as educational reading instead of looking at social media ‘crap’.

The more modern toilets with the inbuilt air removal fan are very efficient as your bum creates quite a good seal and stops most of the smells from escaping both the cassette and the bowl (personal experience) wheras my wife insists on using the bowl with flap closed, fearing splashback. The stink that ensues and the extra water she needs to force the extruded materials to drop when she eventually does open said flap is horrendous!

Davy

According to the Thetford manual for the C200 series, the toilet can be used with the flap open or closed.

See section 3 points 9 onwards. It could be read whilst on the cassette as educational reading instead of looking at social media ‘crap’.

The more modern toilets with the inbuilt air removal fan are very efficient as your bum creates quite a good seal and stops most of the smells from escaping both the cassette and the bowl (personal experience) wheras my wife insists on using the bowl with flap closed, fearing splashback. The stink that ensues and the extra water she needs to force the extruded materials to drop when she eventually does open said flap is horrendous!

Davy
To save paper and water you need to train the girl to use the flap repeatedly too and fro, you know, like a sort of slicing mechanism.🤣

I have mooted the option of pooing in a bag which seems to be the preferred movement of some people on this forum.
To say the suggestion has not been received with much enthusiasm would be an understatement! :poop::mad: Her reply Would not be appropriate on a genteel forum of sensitive souls such as most of us are.
Davy

I'm confused about your perceived problem Barry. 😳

Who on earth looks at the silly little LEDs. Don't you do what any other proper bloke does and have a shuftie after a visit? If it's full, empty it, and if it's not, keep visiting.

And while I'm having a rant, what on earth is the problem with a bloke sticking his hand up inside the chamber to clean it. It came from 'er indoors and me, so what's the problem. 🙂

I'm confused about your perceived problem Barry. 😳

Who on earth looks at the silly little LEDs. Don't you do what any other proper bloke does and have a shuftie after a visit? If it's full, empty it, and if it's not, keep visiting.

And while I'm having a rant, what on earth is the problem with a bloke sticking his hand up inside the chamber to clean it. It came from 'er indoors and me, so what's the problem. 🙂
My point exactly!! So far so good though. I appear to have totally knackered the UK pointless light anyway. 😁 Not only is it not red anymore. It's not anything.

I have mooted the option of pooing in a bag which seems to be the preferred movement of some people on this forum.
To say the suggestion has not been received with much enthusiasm would be an understatement! :poop::mad: Her reply Would not be appropriate on a genteel forum of sensitive souls such as most of us are.
Davy

On a canoe/camping trip down the river Great Ouse over 4 nights, I took one of these;

I must admit it's a trouble free system and you just dump the bags in the next litter bin you come across - the bags are biodegradable so won't stay in landfill for years to come. A great option for wildcamping although the bags are a tad expensive so it's not exactly spending a penny!

We use small pedal bin bags or nappy sacks (sweeter smelling), and pop them into doggy bags and use wee bottles and zoflora to keep them nice, not used the cassette in any van for at least ten years.

On a canoe/camping trip down the river Great Ouse over 4 nights, I took one of these;

I must admit it's a trouble free system and you just dump the bags in the next litter bin you come across - the bags are biodegradable so won't stay in landfill for years to come. A great option for wildcamping although the bags are a tad expensive so it's not exactly spending a penny!
You sure Rob, did you check timescale? I got some biodegradable dog poo bags and they only took 1000 years to degrade instead of the usual 10,000.

Ok those timescales are exaggerated but it was a good few lifetimes lol

The bio food waste bags may dissolve a lot quicker though, they almost seem to melt while you watch them, maybe they were that material?

You sure Rob, did you check timescale? I got some biodegradable dog poo bags and they only took 1000 years to degrade instead of the usual 10,000.

Ok those timescales are exaggerated but it was a good few lifetimes lol

The bio food waste bags may dissolve a lot quicker though, they almost seem to melt while you watch them, maybe they were that material?

Dunno Neil they are advertised as Eco friendly but I suppose they don't really say as compared to what?

I wouldn't want any that melted before my eyes though, that could be messy! :confused:

Dunno Neil they are advertised as Eco friendly but I suppose they don't really say as compared to what?

I wouldn't want any that melted before my eyes though, that could be messy! :confused:
Haha Rob, bit the long and short timescales in my post were said jokingly. I know the doggy bags were an extremely long time but it may just have been that brand I bought, I thought it was a bit of a con as people would think they would compost similar to the contents.

Davy
Funny how folks will happily crap in what is essentially a bucket but won't crap in a bag and will happily wipe their backside on paper but won't tie up a bag. 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20240720_114055871.jpg
    IMG_20240720_114055871.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 18

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back