Red full light in toilet?

barryd

Emptied my loo for the first time yesterday in the new van. Ever since this red light in the loo has been on. I believe it is a pointless warning to tell you the loo is full. I also believe what's happened is there is a float somewhere with a sensor in the cassette which presumably when ive emptied it and given it a good shake it's stuck or broke. Anyone come across a fix for this that doesn't involve getting your hands dirty (literally) 🤣

Personally I would rather it was off or even better not there at all. 😁

IMG20240717155836.jpg

Emptied my loo for the first time yesterday in the new van. Ever since this red light in the loo has been on. I believe it is a pointless warning to tell you the loo is full. I also believe what's happened is there is a float somewhere with a sensor in the cassette which presumably when ive emptied it and given it a good shake it's stuck or broke. Anyone come across a fix for this that doesn't involve getting your hands dirty (literally) 🤣

View attachment 133212
Had this problem recently . It sorted itself .
Think the warning light is a load of sheeit !

View attachment 133212
He meant chech the floaters :LOL:

Yes a float sensor is how it works.
Sometimes when you empty the cassette which naturally causes the float to move it gets stuck in the wrong position.
You will probably find that if you take the cassette out and then put it firmly on the ground the float will move back into the " empty " position so the light goes out.
Failing this put some clean water in and gently shake to move any paper or other materials that have caused the float to stick.
Even easier forget it, drive on a bumpy road and the float will fall back to its proper position.
Vigorous shaking of a cassette can cause the float to become dislocated, then opening the top might be the only solution.

Search YT for "toilet red light", loads of videos.

Usual cause is a bit of paper jamming the float.

Try filing the cassette with water so that the float is covered and then shaking whilst you empty it.

gadgets and gizmos eh? back in the day you could tell if the loo was full without a silly red LED coming on
just be careful if you have a Ghandis revenge "pan splattering" curry the night before 🤣

It has to be the daftest gadget ever. Absolutely pointless.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back