not charging starter battery and idle too fast

Oh I think I see now, Yeo; You were talking about the original casing being crap not an after market rubbish replacement. So maybe it was good that I got a new one rather than the old one fitted with a new filter. I shall carry on regardless in hopes and relying on emergency get you going service as before but I can at least tell them what is needed having seen your post, Witz.

Tiny URL, I shall, in future, use that site Witz; looks very good. Good grief, this forum and some of it's denizens is/are wonderful.

Must go look at those fuses again now I have the thing parked and the drive swept, though the blackbirds have flicked leaves all over the drive again Grrr! A friend of mine, when told of the engine nor switching off reckoned the ignition switch might be at fault, I do hope not. I shall persevere as it is and see how it goes after reasonably long drive again. I just have to tweak that fuel pipe before trying to start (if it won't go) and hope I am not storing up other trouble for myself.

I think a partial answer to your question is regarding the earth straps Fiat are renowned for needing a good earth and it often compromises starting and charging. So double check them, the area beneath where they are bolted down, clean and if necessary replace with better quality ones.
Ours broke down in Portugal turned engine but wouldn't fire up mechanic came three long extentions hit them with a lump hammer on earth bolt under battery on wing €10 and a packet of quality street reyt bargain

Fitted the new wiper rubbers I bought a little while ago and went out to try them. Tried engine,; started fine and turned off as it should, wow! but the engine warning light came on, I went in dejected without looking at those fuses as I was going to. I will have another go boxing day if weather reasonable. Maybe I shall get it sorted eventually but at least is goes and stops fine. Got present wrapping to do now. what does "reyt" mean

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back