NO MORE OVERNIGHT STAYS IN SCARBOROUGH

I don’t feel the need to justify to anyone, at any time and place, how much or how little I’m prepared to spend.

This regular and repetitive argument bores me rigid and irritates the hell out of me.

Could have a right old rant about this (not restricted to Scarborough either!) but I won’t. Far more interesting things in life to have a debate about and folk will be shouting “scarf!” before I’ve even begun 🙄😎😘

Talking about how much money we might, or might not, spend when out and about in our vans is a big, fat, red herring, imo.
Scarf ? Wtaf

It's a fact that locals are revolting against us, mainly out of ignorance probably, Liz is trying single-handedly to readdress that, I sometimes join in and engage with whomever she's bending and ear but mostly I leaver her to it as talking isn't my strong suit, nor is listening, I wish I'd listen to my grandad.

It's all about PR Marie.

I do know that, Rob, but I seriously don’t care that much 🤷‍♀️😉

However it may appear otherwise, as “motor caravan” owners we are still in a minority in the UK and there are dozens of reasons why parking up has become such a big issue.

Btw, I don’t think parking issues only apply to mohos & campers, but that’s a whole other can of worms that merits a separate debate in its own right! 😱😤🤣🤣🤣😉

It's a fact that locals are revolting against us, mainly out of ignorance probably, Liz is trying single-handedly to readdress that, I sometimes join in and engage with whomever she's bending and ear but mostly I leaver her to it as talking isn't my strong suit, nor is listening, I wish I'd listen to my grandad.

As I've said Kev I don't use car parks (except a select couple away from towns) but unfortunately resentment amongst locals is spreading.

What does p**s me off though is the increase in having eggs (or worse) thrown at vans, hooting horns in the early hours or banging on the side of vans, or 'public spirited' individuals approaching and telling you that "you can't park here" which I feel sure is down to public feelings stirred up by adverse reports in the media.

I've not experienced this myself (apart from the hooting of horns) but apparently many have.

I do know that, Rob, but I seriously don’t care that much 🤷‍♀️😉

However it may appear otherwise, as “motor caravan” owners we are still in a minority in the UK and there are dozens of reasons why parking up has become such a big issue.

Btw, I don’t think parking issues only apply to mohos & campers, but that’s a whole other can of worms that merits a separate debate in its own right! 😱😤🤣🤣🤣😉

Go on Marie open that can!

I'm killing time again now until the pub opens.

Go on Marie open that can!

I'm killing time again now until the pub opens.

Nah, sorry Rob I seriously can’t be arsed, at least not today 🤗😉

I’m taxiing 8 of us tonight in our old camper to a local-ish pub for a birthday meal and piss-up tonight and I’ve got some urgent jobs need cracking on with before then! 🫨🤪🥳

Anyway, these are the sort of topics that need to be debated face-to-face with several rounds of drink in hand… 😉🤣😎👍

I don’t feel the need to justify to anyone, at any time and place, how much or how little I’m prepared to spend.

This regular and repetitive argument bores me rigid and irritates the hell out of me.

Could have a right old rant about this (not restricted to Scarborough either!) but I won’t. Far more interesting things in life to have a debate about and folk will be shouting “scarf!” before I’ve even begun 🙄😎😘

Talking about how much money we might, or might not, spend when out and about in our vans is a big, fat, red herring, imo.
When this came up I could feel my blood pressure rising, not ideal soon after my op Marie.
It was like an event horizon pulling me in, I knew what would unfold, but heh.
But the red herring of what we spend keeps being used to batter us over the head with.
And yet we still keep falling for it.
Anyway enjoyed your wee rant hen.
:) ;)

Summary: I talk a lot and am aware of this. On WC zoom calls (wintertime) during lockdown I suggested the use of the word “scarf” (wearing one at the time) to get me to shut-the-f-up when I over-ranted 🤷‍♀️ 😂👍

Or you can just say shut-the-f-up, works just the same 😜🤣🤣🤣
You over ranted, we’ll blow me away, I don’t believe a word of this nonsense.
I would never have given you such a monika Marie.
I have always found you a calming influence on here.
Ooopppss there’s a strange smell coming my posteria right now.

Wonder why :unsure: :unsure:

You over ranted, we’ll blow me away, I don’t believe a word of this nonsense.
I would never have given you such a monika Marie.
I have always found you a calming influence on here.
Ooopppss there’s a strange smell coming my posteria right now.

Wonder why :unsure: :unsure:
Bill, I think you might have accidentally got your posterior confused with your mouth 😉🤣🤣🤣🤗

P.S. I do that regularly myself! 🤪😂😂

It's a crying shame that there has been such a huge surge in motorhomes since covid. There is definitely much more pressure now with motorhome numbers in beauty spots.
We went to the car park in Marazion last year on a blustery day wanting to look at the view but the front row was filled with motorhomes.
Behind them were all the cars who couldn't see a thing...
There's a wee parking spot overlooking the sea near us where elderly locals park up with a flask to enjoy the view. Quite often now they can't because of all the vans, which is a shame...
A few years back there was room for everyone.

It's a crying shame that there has been such a huge surge in motorhomes since covid. There is definitely much more pressure now with motorhome numbers in beauty spots.
We went to the car park in Marazion last year on a blustery day wanting to look at the view but the front row was filled with motorhomes.
Behind them were all the cars who couldn't see a thing...
There's a wee parking spot overlooking the sea near us where elderly locals park up with a flask to enjoy the view. Quite often now they can't because of all the vans, which is a shame...
A few years back there was room for everyone.
And sadly when places like Scarborough do as they are doing it puts more pressure elsewhere.
The combination of a lot more vans, and a lot more restrictions is making things worse.
I only started WC in 2016, and I can see a difference from then.
But we are fortunate up here in Scotland, we have less people, and most of the councils have reacted appropriately towards us.
Quite frankly we don't even attempt to wild camp south of the border, its way to much bother, and thats a shame.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:174)

Fisherman, longtoedsloth, jeanette, Robmac, Val54, Jo001, bdastu, jacquigem, barryd, shortcircuit, Nabsim, trevskoda, brucews, andyjanet, Tezza33, defect, oppy, Charlynch, NSY, Greengrass, flying kipper, Pudsey Bear, Matchlock, denmar, AllanD, edina, runnach, Obanboy666, jagmanx, 2cv, The laird, mistericeman, clarkpeacock, Andys, TissyD, Herbenny, RichardHelen262, ewen, number14, Tim120, Fazerloz, Heppy, Ex Greeny, Steve and Julie, jstokesedi, Pauljenny, Martin P, Bigshug, r4dent, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, DTF, iandsm, mariesnowgoose, colinm, TeamRienza, jeffmossy, peejay, Canalsman, Ched, TJBi, guerdeval, Wully, Debroos, zzr1400tim, The Jacks, alcam, bobemmo29, Benylin, jann, terrywolf, GinaRon, Boris7, undertaker, kevlakes, belbri, molly 2, Neckender, argoose, korky, aross, Mossystone, cooperman, Rod, noarlunga, Old Man Down, mark61, gilsof31, CHII BUS, Peisinoe, Wooie1958, ajb70, AdriaTwin, Chip, Ken Parsons, Moxyman, scaley, bluelagoon, redhand, tripper, popeye1958, yeoblade, Rumour, Palette, lesandpenny, Noone, Teddy, mick n jules, Lovelace, dogsbarker, bazzybabes, Curly, Cass, 2buy4rob, paulhelenwilko, Lee, HurricaneSmith, Debs, 955itriple, 1807truckman, lthoel2, winks, Moonraker 2, bjh, alwaysared, Jmick, keithlewis56, horlicks, Chasn, davlin, Lib, Ellendale, hamsterberg27, Bubble, Mikebike, GerryG, Thistle, tribute11, exwindsurfer, Alun100, Stevenew, Fergus, Rolyan57, JB2, Wardy73, Ted, Divine Right, yorkslass, terry ward, Glass man, 02manytoys, 2Coops, KCjjj, DAVEY, BigAldo, gettingolder2, Johnnyboyshaw, GMJ, Wightman, linkshouse, bnb080, kensowerby, Dowel, merl, wildsprinters, oldpatchwork, Gnomus, JQB, izwozral, VandA, maureenandtom, Walkingmox, wildebus, bursty nexxo, geordy paul,
Back