New rules limiting gatherings to 6

seen any police wearing a mask?.... round here that would be difficult cant rememember when i last saw a policeman.... did see a fire engine on blues this morning... begs the question if we never see any police how are they going to enforce the "guidelines"

just googled the differences tween covid and flu.... all the symptoms of covid appear with flu and common cold do symptoms are not a positive diagnosis....unless your collecting figures for government stats. a diagnostic test is the only 100 percent confermation.

the tests were using arnt 100 percent reliable diagnostic tests so even cases confirmed by testing are actually suspect....

only conclusion i can come to is all the statistics are total bullocks....only reason to produce them is to con the public

seen any police wearing a mask?.... round here that would be difficult cant rememember when i last saw a policeman.... did see a fire engine on blues this morning... begs the question if we never see any police how are they going to enforce the "guidelines"

By doing our 'good citizen' bit? :rolleyes:
Weren't we very recently encouraged to shop friends, neighbours and anyone else breaking the new 'rules' by the delightful Pritti Patel? :unsure: 😝
Nasty. Smacks slightly of nazism, imho. Talk about divide and rule... Prft!

Let's blame Joe Public instead, start some in-fighting and generate more tensions/hatred.
That takes the heat off the government - phew! (who are being far from open right now.... :( )

Anywhere with a till (as has been mentioned before) is still able to operate, just with a reduction in opening hours and a return to 'take away' or 'table only' service as far as I can tell reading up on some of the new rules for areas already in special lockdown. Dunno what else will apply, but another main (and nasty!) rule is not being able to mix with other households who are not already in your 'bubble'. Everywhere else it's business as usual.

Just been watching a meeting of the Scientific Committee for a while. Reading between the lines there is a sense of resignation and points to finger crossing that herd immunity is going to save us.

But who is going to save the businesses, children's education and the nation's physical and mental health while this rollercoaster continues?

I also reckon the number of redundancies looming on the horizon will far surpass the conservative figures being bandied around by those at the top who prefer spin to reality. And further new redundancies will come about not just because of ending furlough, but also because of these local lockdowns.

Last edited:
My understanding - anyone in the know correct me if I'm wrong? - is that we have always had the internal, UK-based lab capacity to deal with a vast majority of the test, track & tracing we needed from day one.

However, we are currently sending tests to labs in the USA & Germany(?!)

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Germany had much higher lab capacity for testing than the UK, I did try and check this a couple of months ago, but gave up.

when did an unsubstantiated report from a member of the public become sufficient proof for police to take action and for a court to issue a fine. ?

were in rural somerset. reporting real crimes to the police is often a waste of time , there just arnt enough bodies on the ground . there just isnt the manpower to collect evidence and process the paperwork for real crimes let alone to try to enforce silly guidelines

when did an unsubstantiated report from a member of the public become sufficient proof for police to take action and for a court to issue a fine. ?

were in rural somerset. reporting real crimes to the police is often a waste of time , there just arnt enough bodies on the ground . there just isnt the manpower to collect evidence and process the paperwork for real crimes let alone to try to enforce silly guidelines
I suspect the police completely agree with you

IMG-20200917-WA0000.jpg

Is it ok to pop down the pub rammed with people, drive in an illegal but limited and specific manner to the moors above say Barnard Castle to meet with the local Red Grouse Ravers for a spot of base inspired grouse shooting. Sounds good to me!!
Put on womens clothing and hang around in bars,oh

I keep seeing peoples reaction to organised shoots being allowed under the new rules, why? Surely people should be objecting to indoor sports or contact sports, not one where the pegs are at least 25yards apart.

Interesting day ahead. I work at a campsite in Staffordshire. We have been extremely busy all summer and still packed every weekend. We have almost 70 units arriving today and typically for a weekend, many will have added requests to be pitched near family/friends. Management have decided on a policy whereby we will pitch in the general vicinity but not next to one another, so that we are not facilitating people breaking the rules. I predict lots of moaning campers today! :D

Interesting day ahead. I work at a campsite in Staffordshire. We have been extremely busy all summer and still packed every weekend. We have almost 70 units arriving today and typically for a weekend, many will have added requests to be pitched near family/friends. Management have decided on a policy whereby we will pitch in the general vicinity but not next to one another, so that we are not facilitating people breaking the rules. I predict lots of moaning campers today! :D

Yes, impossible to police and have to rely completely on people's good will and compliance.

No doubt you will have the odd plonker, hope you don't get too many!

I don't envy you, good luck and hope it doesn't go too badly (y)

I keep seeing peoples reaction to organised shoots being allowed under the new rules, why? Surely people should be objecting to indoor sports or contact sports, not one where the pegs are at least 25yards apart.
You're right of course but any excuse to give them bad press as unnecessary cruelty aside ,they cause massive environmental damage.

You're right of course but any excuse to give them bad press as unnecessary cruelty aside ,they cause massive environmental damage.
Firstly let me say I'm not someone who goes to organised shoots, and I'm not a supporter, I do shoot the occasional pheasant, we get quite a few on our land from the nabouring farm which does have shoots.
Anyway back to Grouse shooting, any environmental damage they might make is hotly disputed, and many shoots will point to the environmental work they do, and quite rightly they point out sports such as football, cricket and many others do considerably more environmental damage.

It is asked what happens in November? Well look at the situation in Australia NOW and you will notice they are in the tightest lockdown imaginable and there are NEW paramilitary police unit with the attributes of SWAT teams, their uniforms als carry an NEW flag for Australia with a Big star on it under the union flag bit. They have the ABC doing the bidding of the 'government' but not telling the truth At all. There is sod all virus going about but loads of total subjugation. Look to SKY news australia for confirmation on you tube if it is still there. If you all still think nothing is really going on, then why is our government throwing money at everything , money they do not have. SIMPLE it is because they are not having to do it or pay it back . As the situation will change and we will be so bust as nothing will be on the shelves and civil breakdown will break out. WHY did the MOD buy 32000 gloc 9s for the police to have when the £$%^ hits that particular fan.
Those above the 16degree SR, will know what I am saying. Nobody else is really party to what is happening just following instructions from above.

Next you'll be saying we will have Covid Marshals, oh wait, we already have got them!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back