New rules limiting gatherings to 6

One things for sure the police in cornwall aren't going to enforce the 6 rule Piers Corbin organised a rally against forced wearing of masks in Truro today and they did nothing
piers-corbyn-in-truro-2.jpgpiers-corbyn-in-truro.jpg

They didn't outsource testing, track and trace to incompetent companies run by cronies and party funders. They gave the work to people with the ability to do the job. That's one big difference.
odd way of going about it ! what's next ? politicians going to statesmanship classes ? maybe having qualifications for the job they're given ?

Anyway back to Grouse shooting, any environmental damage they might make is hotly disputed, and many shoots will point to the environmental work they do, and quite rightly they point out sports such as football, cricket and many others do considerably more environmental damage.
You're right of course but any excuse to give them bad press as unnecessary cruelty aside ,they cause massive environmental damage.
The Estates where the shooting is held spend £1000's each year maintaining the moors I don't see how that can be be bad for the environment. But can see how the millions of people traveling globally to other sporting fixtures is

It has now been proved that cov19 was a manufactured bug as it has 3 components which does not happen in nature,a chinness defector who worked in the lab has proof and spilled the beans,our gov is trying to keep this QT as china owns our banking depts.
Twaddle

Firstly let me say I'm not someone who goes to organised shoots, and I'm not a supporter, I do shoot the occasional pheasant, we get quite a few on our land from the nabouring farm which does have shoots.
Anyway back to Grouse shooting, any environmental damage they might make is hotly disputed, and many shoots will point to the environmental work they do, and quite rightly they point out sports such as football, cricket and many others do considerably more environmental damage.
If you lived in a flood zone below an over-drained grouse shooting moor, you would know that what you have posted is utterly untrue. It's an obscenity.

It has now been proved that cov19 was a manufactured bug as it has 3 components which does not happen in nature,a chinness defector who worked in the lab has proof and spilled the beans,our gov is trying to keep this QT as china owns our banking depts.
This is utter nonsense and has been knocking around for months. Conspiracy theories are fundamentally dangerous as they prevent people making sensible decisions

Firstly let me say I'm not someone who goes to organised shoots, and I'm not a supporter, I do shoot the occasional pheasant, we get quite a few on our land from the nabouring farm which does have shoots.
Well that's one view put out by the likes of LACS, here's another view.

Well that's one view put out by the likes of LACS, here's another view.

They appear to have affiliation to the Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust(an oxymoron, as is the BASC of which I was once a member when I knew no better) so not as impartial as they might seem.

1. Grouse shoots DO drain moorland.You can see recent drainage activity above Hebden Bridge(my mate lives there), where the locals are battling the Estates after catastrophic flooding aided by fast run off from the moors. Sphagnum bogs and the resulting peat that is formed are also a valuable carbon sink as well as a reservoir for rainfall.

2. Massive "controlled burning" quite often becomes the opposite resulting in the peat catching fire,it also releases large quantities of CO2,and it also reduces biodiversity.Areas freshly burned enable fast run off of water before regrowth begins.

3. Many thousands of Mountain Hares are shot every year as they carry ticks that can infest Grouse chicks.They evolved together on the moorland and it is only now Grouse numbers are at such inflated levels that it is perceived as a problem.

4. Deaths of Golden Eagles,Harriers,Peregrines and other raptors are at an all time high,with shooting, trapping and poison being employed.Clusters of deaths corresponding with the locations of Sporting Estates. Due to pressure from customers,Yorkshire Water have been reviewing their rental agreements with moorland shoots because of this,the Scottish Parliament is also reviewing licencing of same.

4. I could go on to list the environmental damage caused by releasing 37m Pheasants and 10m Partridge into the environment every year and the awful consequent toll on our resident wildlife that goes with it,not to mention RTA's, but I can't be arsed as nobody cares and I'm halfway through my 4 yearly repeat of the Sopranos and it's time.

They appear to have affiliation to the Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust(an oxymoron, as is the BASC of which I was once a member when I knew no better) so not as impartial as they might seem.
They make no pretence to be anything else, set up to counter the lies put out by LACS and Mark Avery.

1. Grouse shoots DO drain moorland.You can see recent drainage activity above Hebden Bridge(my mate lives there), where the locals are battling the Estates after catastrophic flooding aided by fast run off from the moors. Sphagnum bogs and the resulting peat that is formed are also a valuable carbon sink as well as a reservoir for rainfall.

2. Massive "controlled burning" quite often becomes the opposite resulting in the peat catching fire,it also releases large quantities of CO2,and it also reduces biodiversity.Areas freshly burned enable fast run off of water before regrowth begins.

3. Many thousands of Mountain Hares are shot every year as they carry ticks that can infest Grouse chicks.They evolved together on the moorland and it is only now Grouse numbers are at such inflated levels that it is perceived as a problem.
I find the shooting of Mountains Hares distasteful, but as grouse are at low numbers in last few years I don't get your post

4. Deaths of Golden Eagles,Harriers,Peregrines and other raptors are at an all time high,with shooting, trapping and poison being employed.Clusters of deaths corresponding with the locations of Sporting Estates. Due to pressure from customers,Yorkshire Water have been reviewing their rental agreements with moorland shoots because of this,the Scottish Parliament is also reviewing licencing of same.
Yes it appears a couple of shooting estates are doing illegal things, but AFAIK they are just a tiny proportion of the total.

4. I could go on to list the environmental damage caused by releasing 37m Pheasants and 10m Partridge into the environment every year and the awful consequent toll on our resident wildlife that goes with it,not to mention RTA's, but I can't be arsed as nobody cares and I'm halfway through my 4 yearly repeat of the Sopranos and it's time.
As I posted earlier, I'm not much in favour of Pheasant shooting, but I'm afraid you couldn't be further from the truth, we have a nabouring farm which runs shoots, and a short distance away an estate which is into pheasants big time, in both cases it's very noticeable how much the wildlife gains from pheasant cover, just this afternoon we where watching flocks of birds in our nabours pheasant cover, and Kites and Buzzards overhead, the estate was the release area for Kites in our area, it was kept very quiet at the time, but the result was that we now have Kites as a everyday common sight.

This is utter nonsense and has been knocking around for months. Conspiracy theories are fundamentally dangerous as they prevent people making sensible decisions

Calling anything you don’t believe or don’t want to believe a conspiracy is what stops people making sensible decisions. The theory that Cov19 was manufactured is valid, as are the other theories of its origin.

The point we seem to forget is why was gathering of people to shoot grouse allowed in the middle of a pandemic. Thats the question. Not if its good or bad. Why was it allowed. If theres a reason why it was exempt then fine. But we need to know why.

The point we seem to forget is why was gathering of people to shoot grouse allowed in the middle of a pandemic. Thats the question. Not if its good or bad. Why was it allowed. If theres a reason why it was exempt then fine. But we need to know why.
Because it's a licenced organised sport, and as I mentioned when actually shooting the pegs are at the very least 25yds apart, compared to football, cricket and indoor sports a minor risk of spreading CV-19, unlike the bowls club in south wales who went on a coach trip and pub crawl "just like they do every year", which resulted in a hot spot.

Anyway more to the point, gf took the youngest for her swimming lesson after receiving assurances from the pool as to how well their social distancing measures where working, she was so 'disappointed' with the behaviour of others with their kids she might not go again.

The covid spike has went through the roof here in n ireland and dublin down south is in semi lockdown,i knew as soon as schools and students went back all hell would be let loose,hope they shut the pubs as thats where some of the trouble is,many with back door operations going on,police are one of there biggest customers.

Guess if their allowing caravan shows with 100's turning up and encouraging people to eat out allowing pubs schools to open perhaps 10 shooters + beaters & loaders max 30 standing in pairs at least 30mtrs apart up on the moors isn't to bad

Guess if their allowing caravan shows with 100's turning up and encouraging people to eat out allowing pubs schools to open perhaps 10 shooters + beaters & loaders max 30 standing in pairs at least 30mtrs apart up on the moors isn't to bad

Nail on head.

It's the conflict between trying to keep businesses and the economy going and stopping the spread of the infection.

The latter is almost impossible task, and the former will cause problems depending on which businesses the government target next in their (desperate) attempt to keep the virus in check without having to shut businesses down completely as in the initial lockdown.

Major headache and also impossible to control without fully operational test & trace, if what they've been telling us is true.

Your lives are ticking away.
Your normal health services are not being provided.
The chance you may die from whatever this virus is, is 1 in 2 million.
That’s if you’re in the vulnerable bracket.
The figures from the government have never been believable, and their actions make no sense.
Believe what you want, they’re going to take advantage to make us worse off if we let them.

Just read this on the web so it must be true. "Sprained ankles were part of a plot by left-wingers to spread panic and confusion as a precursor to revolution. Doctors who diagnose sprained ankles should be struck off."

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back