Music tastes

Back to the music

You may not recognise the band or their music but do you reconise the main man? Answers on a post card (no prizes)

jiffers said:
paul young aslso in a group called the q-tips
yes thats the one.....i had to think there,but he's not so young anymore eh!!!!!!!!

i tried it on a load of people but he still lookes better than me and hes older oh he can also sing

Hilly, I'm an ardent Country fan. I think the last time this subject came up, I had a large collection of self made CD's. To date, I have 13434 songs on 620 CD's and still making them until my subscription runs out in October. My favourites are Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, George Jones, Freddie Fender and a lot more. Garth Brooks brought Rock into Country, but I prefere the old country stuff. I better quit before I get blown outta here;)

not being rude in anyway each to their own but is it just me that country and western depressing i grew up listning to jim reeves,slim whitman,jonny cash and the like so its not that i have never heared country but find it depressing or was it that damn billy ray sirus with his achey brakey heart that put me off it
i know my taste of music is bad i understand that but i am ginger an knocked myself out to many times

David & Ann said:
Hilly, I'm an ardent Country fan. I think the last time this subject came up, I had a large collection of self made CD's. To date, I have 13434 songs on 620 CD's and still making them until my subscription runs out in October. My favourites are Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, George Jones, Freddie Fender and a lot more. Garth Brooks brought Rock into Country, but I prefere the old country stuff. I better quit before I get blown outta here;)
hi dave , what about the dixie chicks , and alison krouss

David & Ann said:
you may be interested in this at oswestry then david and ann,its a massive avent with free camping for m/h's
http://www.blazingboots.com/events/may.htm

Country & Western

Thanks for the Info: re: Country Festival in May Samm. Unfortunately we will be in Germany at that time of the month. Booked to leave from Dover on the ferry on the 23rd of April. Popping in to see my kids in Hamburg, then slow and easy heading to Greece via Switzerland and Italy, hopefully it will be warm by then in June. On the way back, through Spain and Portugal and France back to Dover, around end of July. Of course, Country music will be blaring out from start to finish.
Like Jiffers says, every one to their taste, whatever music he likes, I'm sure he enjoys it. I agree what Jiffers said, it sounds depressing at times, but I love the sound and the instruments and words. Hilly, you name it , I got it, if not, come up with a song or name to do with Country. If I don't have it, I'll find it.

and thinking about it i bet you dont have chas n dave and tom joes in your collection like me so i think im the worst here

sammclouis said:
im only 32 & in the club /clipped.:D
Hey Sam congrats:D sorry that just slipped from my evil mind.You can have my share of all that, give me good ole boy country every time,or to be really controversial a good ho down in Hillwalkers country.
Steuart

Challenge

David & Ann said:
Thanks for the Info: re: Country Festival in May Samm. Unfortunately we will be in Germany at that time of the month. Booked to leave from Dover on the ferry on the 23rd of April. Popping in to see my kids in Hamburg, then slow and easy heading to Greece via Switzerland and Italy, hopefully it will be warm by then in June. On the way back, through Spain and Portugal and France back to Dover, around end of July. Of course, Country music will be blaring out from start to finish.
Like Jiffers says, every one to their taste, whatever music he likes, I'm sure he enjoys it. I agree what Jiffers said, it sounds depressing at times, but I love the sound and the instruments and words. Hilly, you name it , I got it, if not, come up with a song or name to do with Country. If I don't have it, I'll find it.
David& Ann here is a challenge for you, I have been trying for the last 4 year unsuccesfully to find a copy of the following>>>" Karl Denver JUST LOVING YOU"<<<< If you can help let me know & I will give you an address,it goes without saying I will re-emburse all expenses.I see your away the same date as me,cept I do'nt anticipate being home befor October,planning a run down west coast, Wales to Cornwall then back up the east thro Norfolk to Scarborough to Dumfrieshire back to Lancashier for the winter,
Steuart.

Song search

Hi Steuart, Had a quick check for the song "Just Loving you" by Karl Denver.
The only listing I have to date is, that the song is sung by Anita Harris. Which I am sure is not want you want. I will keep searching till I find it.

Country music

Thanks a lot Paulamy. You got it spot on. Steuart (Snowgoose)will be real grateful to you. I am sure he will read your post.

snowgoose said:
sammclouis said:
im only 32 & in the club /clipped.:D
Hey Sam congrats:D sorry that just slipped from my evil mind.You can have my share of all that, give me good ole boy country every time,or to be really controversial a good ho down in Hillwalkers country.
Steuart
im not "in the club" i was in a dance club.........:D
i gotta clear that one up ha ha ha ha :D :D :D
im not into country music but i will be going to the country music festival in oswestry as it'll be a good laugh ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back