Motorhome driver has a lucky escape.

I saw this yesterday and missed the black car pulling out causing the motorhome to swerve right so yes the black car is in the wrong however the motorhome was going way too fast. Its a big white brick not a Mini Cooper. Pointless putting your foot to the floor merging into crawling traffic anyway and as we see, flipping dangerous.

Ok I’ve just viewed it again More slowly this time and wholeheartedly redact my post of last night... Saying they were both in the wrong.

It was 100% Motorhome driver acting the dangerous knob. What I didn’t clock Last night was he was driving on the hard shoulder Prior to the junction, across the chevrons and onto the outside merging lane causing the two black cars to take avoiding actions whilst he slices himself into that lane at high speed.
Tbf I’d almost call that a licence revoking move. The only exception and excuse I’d accept was his brakes had completely failed.

Ok I’ve just viewed it again More slowly this time and wholeheartedly redact my post of last night... Saying they were both in the wrong.

It was 100% Motorhome driver acting the dangerous knob. What I didn’t clock Last night was he was driving on the hard shoulder Prior to the junction, across the chevrons and onto the outside merging lane causing the two black cars to take avoiding actions whilst he slices himself into that lane at high speed.
Tbf I’d almost call that a licence revoking move. The only exception and excuse I’d accept was his brakes had completely failed.

A few of us who observed the video on first look got this wrong, you included it seems and as my wife just said maybe the A Class idiot overtook the HGV on the inside on the hard shoulder under the bridge as he wouldn't be on any camera.Once the A Class hit the chevrons he had nowhere to go apart from forcing his way between the guy filming and the black Vw joining the M6 although cutting across the Chevrons.

Ok - Motorhome driver is right Dick head.
Thanks to Wooie's google maps evidence, driving on hard shoulder ( I may change my mind again later though :oops:)

Just goes to show how on close investigation all is not how it seems. Just watched it again and again slowly and at first it does look like the VW crosses the hatchings but I dont think it does and yes the A class is coming up the hard shoulder which presumably was not a live lane. So yes, totally the motorhomes fault in that case. Maybe the Police will take action.

From Junction 21A, M6/M62E Manchester the M6 is 3 lanes all the way up to Junction 30 M61 when it then becomes 4 lanes past Preston.

This is where the incident happened.

I really don`t know how i can make it any clearer.

The motorhome was being driven by a cnut up the hard shoulder clearly wanting to get past the HGV in very heavy traffic which it regularly is there.

Looking at it all again, I now agree with you. I'd assumed the MH was in a live lane (I thought it all was smart motorway up there.)

There may be more than one wrong here but that motorhome bombing up the hard shoulder is a without doubt in the wrong. Why folks don’t slow down at these busy junctions I don’t know. One reason I try to hit that junction (and other busy spots) at quiet times

In Wooies post no 40 on the google picture its clear that the slip road coming down to this motorway has chevrons dividing the two joining lanes.The Vw Up is clearly (due to Mark61 Video) thanx Mark61 yes the Vw up is clearly in the right of the two joining lanes from the sliproad but I think he/she also spots the A Class Moron just in time so is pushed slightly to the left onto the chevrons to evade an accident I agree now the VW Up didnt actually illegally come across the motorway Chevrons.Obviously the AClass did as once the Hard Shoulder he/she was on ended he/she only had the Chevrons to drive over and that is when he/she pushed our Cameraman slightly to the right at the last minute.

Apologies Wooie, the MoHo driver is a tw&t of the first order.

twt.JPG

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back