Motorhome driver has a lucky escape.

Mobilvetta

Very lucky motorhome driver, lucky he didn't cause a huge accident on the motorway slipway joining the M6. Great reaction from the motorhome driver and other vehicles to avoid an accident. But then again is the motorhome driving like an idiot?

Last edited:
The camper was within the law undertaking slow moving traffic.

The black VW crossed the chevron and pushed the MH over to the right.
Thanks I will edit my post.
Absolutely agree having now watched the clip again, we have to see if the paper has a Facebook page where they printed the story and report your findings, seems the media are slandering motorhomes left right and centre at the moment.

On the Lancashire evening post Facebook page they have published this article, lots blaming the motorhome driver, I have commented on there page, hopefully folk will take a second look and not jump to conclusions like I myself did initially, for that I apologise.

Screenshot_20200805-133343.png

It's so easy to misread these things, especially when you think you know what you are going to see.

On the Lancashire evening post Facebook page they have published this article, lots blaming the motorhome driver, I have commented on there page, hopefully folk will take a second look and not jump to conclusions like I myself did initially, for that I apologise.
Same just commented you can clearly see both the polo then the up have gone across the chevrons into the motorhomes path.

Mike

Let hope the driver of the motorhome is found and prosecuted. As a minimum it's driving without due care and attention!

Let hope the driver of the motorhome is found and prosecuted. As a minimum it's driving without due care and attention!

I'm gonna guess the two MH's were having a wee race.

Regardless, the A class is well out of order.

We had a family acc with cars coming in from left,police told them all veh adjoining a m/way must give way to veh on the m/way or join in a gap if safe,the motorhome in the vid should not have moved across the white line when the car shot up his inside but held his station as he could have caused even more trouble or killed some one.
Every morning & tea time beside our home this happens and m/way is closed for hrs due to idiots thinking they can just blarge in from left,bit nasty when you end up under a 40 ton truck.
Folk who drive like this should be on camera and required to do a retest or have a brain transplant.

I know that road well it is where the m61 joins the m6 the motorhome was in the outside lane of the m61 merging onto the m6 and both black vw's have crossed the chevrons from the first lane of the m61 into the path of the motorhome. so can't blame him although he looks to be going a little quick considering the traffic is always backed up there.

Mike
m6.JPG

It looks like the Pilote Motorhome is coming up to the junction on the hard shoulder and then onto the chevrons on 5e entry slip. The black polo has just enter the motorway even if he had just pulled out the Motorhome was in the wrong.

I know that section of road like the back of my hand and was part of the team that widened it from 3 to 4 lanes years back.

The Pilote motorhome undertakes the HGV on the hardshoulder then hurtles past on the chevrons because that`s what the hardshoulder turns into.

You can clearly see the motorhome right next to the motorway bridge that i`ve shown in all the screenshots

The motorhome driver is 100% at fault and the barsteward wants banning from the road because they are going to kill someone driving like that.

Look at the screenshots and you can see what i`m saying clearly, i`ve put them in the best order i can.

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (23).png

No doubt the motorhome in the wrong. Look at the start of the video looking to the rear. Definitely on a mission the knob. Keep-n-peeled.

I know that section of road like the back of my hand and was part of the team that widened it from 3 to 4 lanes years back.

The Pilote motorhome undertakes the HGV on the hardshoulder then hurtles past on the chevrons because that`s what the hardshoulder turns into.

You can clearly see the motorhome right next to the motorway bridge that i`ve shown in all the screenshots

The motorhome driver is 100% at fault and the barsteward wants banning from the road because they are going to kill someone driving like that.

Look at the screenshots and you can see what i`m saying clearly, i`ve put them in the best order i can.

View attachment 85032

View attachment 85033

View attachment 85034

View attachment 85035

Wooie you said there is four lanes and you helped to widen that section? I can only see 3 lanes and a Hard Shoulder on your picture.Are you saying the hard shoulder he was on is now a permanent live lane as going by the road surface colour I dont think anyone should be driving on that.?
If the Hard Shoulder is not a live lane then yes looking again he is tanking it down the Hard Shoulder I thought originally he was coming down that slip Road.Shows how one can be wrong.Well that definately deserves an instant ban.Wonder if the Police have issued any update on what action they took against the driver of that A Class.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back