Motorhome cambelt whilst in lockdown

There are two sides to this, "doing the right thing", and "sticking to the letter of the law".
I think the police would have problems making any fine stick as many businesses are allowed to be open, and driving for 'click and collect' is allowed, and you might argue that the longer it is left the more likely it is to break, but don't forget a motorhome is more likely to attract the attention of police.
On the otherhand you might think "Do I really need to do this at this time, could it be put off until later", don't forget in many areas now CV-19 is getting very bad and IMO we need to think more about protecting ourselves and others than the minutiae of the law.
FYI for those of us with firearms, I have already been warned (after making enquiry in first lockdown) that if I get pulled up on a unnecessary journey it could possibly lead to the loss of my FAC/SGC.

my lad had his car demolished at work just before christmas no dispute over claim he’s now trying to replace it but no viewing no test drives either click & collect or delivered with 14 day right to refuse , sounds like a scammers charter unfortunately he’s no choice needs a car for work going to get one on wednesday done hpi check & garage got good reviews buuuutttt

my lad had his car demolished at work just before christmas no dispute over claim he’s now trying to replace it but no viewing no test drives either click & collect or delivered with 14 day right to refuse , sounds like a scammers charter unfortunately he’s no choice needs a car for work going to get one on wednesday done hpi check & garage got good reviews buuuutttt
Buy a £500 car to tied him over, many here for less with very low miles on them and garaged.

I have mine booked in for 26th, also timing belt. Booked before restrictions, I've not been allowed to isolate, shield or anything. I was told, when I asked if we had a choice, no your expected to work. So if it's deemed safe enough for me to run the risk of contracting the virus, then I will keep appointment, unless garage says otherwise.

Anyway i'll let you all know when I finally get it done and hopefully see some of you on the field with a beer and a laugh. Cheers and thank you all, Stay safe. Deka

Why dont you get a mobile cambelt fitter to do it he will do it outside your place and you can see exactly what he replaces - they are still allowed to work

Why dont you get a mobile cambelt fitter to do it he will do it outside your place and you can see exactly what he replaces - they are still allowed to work
Some vans it can be a days work, not much light as yet and it may rain, just drive to a garage.

I need to go for a drive in blood test , I am considering going in my motorhomes just to give it a run ,

Yes but at least it is at home and can be done outside even if place locks down further

Just drive it nothing wrong with that
I've done this type of job in my earlier years, I take it you've never done one, They are absolutely shyt jobs and as Trevskoda rightly said it could take best part of the day. I certainly would not do one on the road side

I've done this type of job in my earlier years, I take it you've never done one, They are absolutely shyt jobs and as Trevskoda rightly said it could take best part of the day
I have done them remove the engine mount and remove the cover a lot you can do in 4 hrs

I have done them remove the engine mount and remove the cover a lot you can do in 4 hrs
Lucky you, my van the whole front end had to come of, then the rads and intercooler.
I do mine outside, I put the van up on quattro ramps and it is easy enough without removing too much, I made a locking tool for the flywheel which helps and it is done in an afternoon
IMG_20180731_132933716_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180731_133024297.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back