Motorhome cambelt whilst in lockdown

Few years ago sons water pump needed doing and i told him to change it easy enough ( lumbered myself then ) - but it was a twin cam renault clio pig of a job no room and it took me 2 days i think - twin cams are a pig of a job as a lot will know

There's only one thing worse than doing a twin cam belt. That's doing a V twin twin cam engine (Ducati in this case) which has two twin cam belts! Mind you access is a bit better than in a car. The valves are even worse as there are 8 valves but each valve has two shims (its a desmo engine).

Keith
Duc2.jpg

Hi
have you checked if it's a belt or chain? my 57 plate Ducato X250 was a Ford derived engine and had a cam chain, I found out when I sent it in for a belt change. :rolleyes:

Hi
have you checked if it's a belt or chain? my 57 plate Ducato X250 was a Ford derived engine and had a cam chain, I found out when I sent it in for a belt change. :rolleyes:
Not hard to tell if you look in, plastic cover belt, alloy chain.

But you have to look, which our friend might not have looked so panicking over a belt change for no reason

Anyway i'll let you all know when I finally get it done and hopefully see some of you on the field with a beer and a laugh. Cheers and thank you all, Stay safe. Deka
Just found a garage that will collect my motorhome on Tuesday do the cambelt and water pump give it a full service save me all the old parts and deliver it back to me the following day and they have excellent 5 star reviews. All for, ( cambelt & water pump £479.00 full service £195.00 collect & deliver free plus 12 month warranty ) so i'll give you a update on Wednesday all being well

Last edited:
Hi
Ducato 2.3 multijet 2009/10 (belt) The 2.2-100 was chain

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back