Morocco Bound

Few Pics at El Jadida at comunial bakery and canon.

6D9C2F61-825C-49B5-9A58-082C1DEBC9ED.jpeg
96D60CCF-E83D-4C43-8B3B-6F82627ADD29.jpeg
3DF4F8E4-5B14-485B-A736-8B50E4233F71.jpeg

keep hugging the coast we used to park not far from the lighthouse at cap beddouza.
again at safi there is great views as you get there on the coast but head for the port then left turn and follow the coast.
you get to see the city but its great by the sea . after safi you might e amazed at the view inland as you hug the coast.
bet you have never seen so many ladders and tubes etc
oh by the way if you go to the left hand beach at oulidia and walk by the sea there is some great caves fishermen used to use. worth the walk its a bit of away but worth it.
still more to see though as you travel down the coast .essaouirs is great. then sidi kauki and still hug the coast ,loads places to have a night etc plus water fountains etc are around.
we used to spend quite a time at kauki good surfing and nice locals .

keep hugging the coast we used to park not far from the lighthouse at cap beddouza.
again at safi there is great views as you get there on the coast but head for the port then left turn and follow the coast.
you get to see the city but its great by the sea . after safi you might e amazed at the view inland as you hug the coast.
bet you have never seen so many ladders and tubes etc
oh by the way if you go to the left hand beach at oulidia and walk by the sea there is some great caves fishermen used to use. worth the walk its a bit of away but worth it.
still more to see though as you travel down the coast .essaouirs is great. then sidi kauki and still hug the coast ,loads places to have a night etc plus water fountains etc are around.
we used to spend quite a time at kauki good surfing and nice locals .
Thanks Alan, we’re going over to beach for walk after breakfast so will see if we can find caves. We’re hoping to do pretty much what you have said, will stop day after tomorrow to see the lighthouse at Cap Beddouza maybe stop off or continue down to Safi. The coastline here is sure amazing though 👍

Good wilding spot just down the coast at Sidi Bouzid right on the seafront 33.231011 -8.553774. “guardian” charges 5 dirhams.View attachment 74077
Thanks Mike, I remember seeing that photo you put on last year it looks spot on,Will definitely try it there. Looking forward to Tafraoute though, from your findings and photos last year, looks amazing 👍

tafraoute is great. mind was nicer before they repainted the stones a few years ago . they painted them different colours to what they were originally.
there is great adventures to be had though .
many of the tracks have been tarmaced these days or made firmer, lots routes just below tafroute on the maps make great day out driving adventures .
i like the coasts but i also like the inland places . almost every village has a story to tell.
the mountains, gorges etc all adventures . go up dades come down todra . ideally take about three days . great fun.
have a good one.

tafraoute is great. mind was nicer before they repainted the stones a few years ago . they painted them different colours to what they were originally.
there is great adventures to be had though .
many of the tracks have been tarmaced these days or made firmer, lots routes just below tafroute on the maps make great day out driving adventures .
i like the coasts but i also like the inland places . almost every village has a story to tell.
the mountains, gorges etc all adventures . go up dades come down todra . ideally take about three days . great fun.
have a good one.
The track joining Dades (R704) and Todra (R703) is now a well graded dirt road for about a third of the crossing. Used to be fun and take ages, boring and takes about 2 hours now. The P7103 north was still good fun. Probably tarmac now though.

It was the fact that you actually had to make an effort to see and experience Morocco,
and that it was the differences that made it something of an adventure. The rough roads,
the fact knowing that you could actually get properly lost, all part of the experience.
I foresee tarmac road access to everywhere likely to attract the tourist Dirham before long.
The coming of the Motorway spelt the kiss of death, probably be extended as 2 strips
of blacktop to Timbuktu before long!

Oualidia is a very relaxing place, looks like it could be quite busy in the summer months has a very holiday feeling. Walked through the town earlier today lots of people chilling in cafes etc. The beach and lagoon are very pretty and are lots of fishermen selling fish from mopeds. Few pics of town couldn’t resist the building site guys hand digging footings! Loved the ducks for sale and of course a beach sunset, I’m sure we’ll be back.

C5F1A961-DB01-4BF8-88ED-397EA1E12E77.jpeg
63F400AF-267B-46DC-B672-8C096C580C94.jpeg
6571342C-D63F-43E3-89D1-4A855CF601D5.jpeg
0A944BDC-38E0-4E0C-B936-693CF8860E9E.jpeg
942A3664-9718-43EE-B4E0-FFA477739B03.jpeg

We left Oualidia this morning and said farewell to our friendly guardian Ibrahim, what a guy! We said that we liked harira soup the day before and low and behold he brought us last night some freshly made harira soup and warm flatbreads.Was half expecting him to ask us for some money but I guess he was repaying us for the couple of beers i gave him the day before. Anyway set of at 9.30 and headed south on the coast road for Safi and what stunning scenery we had almost all the way to Safi. However we didn’t stop at Safi as looked industrial with a massive what looked like fuel plant? So headed for Essaouira where we thought might be a nice place for a wander in the Médina and a bite to eat. Sorry to say we were a bit disappointed, very big Médina with some interesting buildings and stores to see. Lunch was poor, very busy , lots of tourists and beggars , still at least we can say we’ve been.. Moved a little way further south down to Sidi Kaouki on a nice little site, very peaceful Bliss.. Few pics of coast trip and Médina Essaouira.

2FC33D8E-1019-4E02-A6BB-F1E8FE84765D.jpeg
885D387E-0618-4088-8973-AD80D6FE8142.jpeg
686ED9F8-1D15-40C6-98A7-33F976589422.jpeg
0BA4D1B7-0BC2-4916-AF88-BE8F0245F47E.jpeg

amazing that big industrial plant as you pass by though.
sidi kaouki is great . we used to spend alot of time there .
mind alot of the restaurants etc have been knocked down and changed over the years .
can be nice right at the south side of the beach if you get on the cliff tops there.
lots to see ,have fun.

Surprised you found Essaouira (Mogador) a bit disappointing, many first time
visitors at least, rate it quite highly. Still get people going there just to get the Jimi
Hendrix experience, I think some reckon he's living there!

castles in the sand and all that stuff.
was very famous years ago for all that stuff.
glad i saw it years ago its changed alot over the years .
diabat was a good park up years ago.

castles in the sand and all that stuff.
was very famous years ago for all that stuff.
glad i saw it years ago its changed alot over the years .
diabat was a good park up years ago.
You’re right Alan, I bet it was a little gem years ago before everyone else arrived. The place itself has a lot of character especially inside the Médina with a nice beach too.

very different then , not just Maroc , but the whole travelling thing, and i'm glad i was there for it . funny enough , my son found some pics a mate of mine , Gin , took. not many pics from those days , who bothered ? nice shot of me riding a Harley out of Chefchaouen camping , with my mate Terry , who got famous for being the getaway driver at the Millenium dome robbery , on the back . funny old times

No coffee at the Jimi Hendrix cafe? :LOL:

Nice enough round Essaouira, but yes, very touristy, guess thats comforting for some.
Still, enjoyed my visits there.
I think we missed the Jimi Hendrix cafe Mark , mind you there is certainly an abundance of cafes and restaurants everywhere , lots going on for sure.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back