Mixed messages

Does everything have to be set out in law before people do the right thing. As I said in another thread do people need telling to take their pants down to take a £$%^.
In one word......yes......, granted not everyone thankgoodness :)

Does everything have to be set out in law before people do the right thing. As I said in another thread do people need telling to take their pants down to take a £$%^.
Well if people including the coppers actually read the law that has been set in place there wouldn't be any mixed messages so to speak, and no I don't need telling to take my pants down before taking a £$%^ I've got a mind of my own and am not frightened to use it , apart from that I've had plenty of practice.

Hi Mark I recon you had enough practice after a night in the Ram. P S hope you and Jan are keeping well all the best Jim.

Hi Mark I recon you had enough practice after a night in the Ram. P S hope you and Jan are keeping well all the best Jim.

Yes Jim it was always a problem but at least I never got to sample the Rusty Bucket, Yes mate both good , hope you all are. Jan is getting a bit bored now as she hasn't left the site since the very start of the lock down, me I've hardly noticed the difference as still working etc we are both missing our Saturdays out but saving a fortune so not all bad. Look after yourselves and hopefully see you soon a return trip to The Saxon would be good or maybe another mini meet here.

What makes a mockery is this, i know of 2 nhs nurses 1 who has had a garden party and another who has had a house party, but yet we are all staying in like good little people to help the nhs!!!
Maybe they all worked together. perhaps it was all nurses together letting their hair down after a hard days work.

I know that the rules say only household members may congregate but take this example -

Our son and son-in-law work together on a fish farm. They spend all day together on a small boat then they go home to their wives. Once they're out of work they must suddenly become infectious because they aren't allowed to meet each other outside work, nor may their wives with whom they have individually been in direct contact with meet each other at all.

And before anyone jumps on me, they are adhering to these rules but it is an example of where universal rules don't necessarily work universally.

Phill

I wish i can say yes they all work together but unfortuanatly that wasn't the case , they were even silly enough to be posting all this on their snap chats lol.

I don't want to sound like the fun police but it does stick in my throat that if the shoe was on other foot it be a different story.

Never mind onward and upward eh .👍

In England, there has never been any time limit on exercise. The regulations state:

"Restrictions on movement
6.—(1) During the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.

(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1), a reasonable excuse includes the need—

(a)to obtain basic necessities, including food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) or for vulnerable persons and supplies for the essential upkeep, maintenance and functioning of the household, or the household of a vulnerable person, or to obtain money, including from any business listed in Part 3 of Schedule 2;

(b)to take exercise either alone or with other members of their household;

...".

Government ministers and others have then given their own guidelines, often conflicting (even on the same day, with one minister saying that you could travel by car in order to exercise or walk a dog and another saying that you could not). The regulations do not prohibit travel by motor vehicle in order to exercise. Nor do the regulations limit the nature of the exercise to walking or cycling.
Actually it doesn't take two ministers to give conflicting advice. Matt Hancock said on Question Time at 9.00pm that taking the car to walk was acceptable and 12 hours later said the opposite. He also asked for a retraction of a story about the BMA demanding no extra restrictions on over 70's as this was never in the guidelines. Well it wasn't after he altered them the day before, presumably after he had been asked for a comment prior to the newspaper going to press.

I had to take dog up to Dick Vet yesterday (Edinburgh University) While I was returning, which was heading east, viewed 2 motorhomes heading west, one was a Hymer (these Hymer owners obviously think they can flaunt the rules 🤬 )

Motorbikes, I was actually thinking of buying another, judging by the amount (some in convoy) that pass here at weekends, they too, are exempt from lockdown, so I buy one, I will be exempt too? :D
yes when your looking out of the barr's with no boooze. good luck.ok.pj.

Whitby yesterday a couple were find for driving from Boston Spa cos they fancied smelling the sea......so do I.
oh? skeggy was nearer. to see or not to sea. so, what no bar,s. get thee be-hind them. heading for the coast this weekend.in my breams? ya-hoo. ok.pj.

not all some were a bag. one down all down, keep it to your self. and be quick. sorry for the pun.ok.pj.

Why? Sage say we are at .6.

Playing you at your own game of just giving figures to suit your own argument. According to SAGE today the R is 0.9
At least do us the courtesy of giving both figures. Today O.5 TO 0.9. What was wrong with giving both figs on Tuesday was it 1.1or 1 and that didn't suit.

Playing you at your own game of just giving figures to suit your own argument. According to SAGE today the R is 0.9
At least do us the courtesy of giving both figures. Today O.5 TO 0.9. What was wrong with giving both figs on Tuesday was it 1.1or 1 and that didn't suit.
As always so sorry to offend. I promise to do better in future. When did I write that? It must have been a while ago.

So its not an hours exercise now? Im getting a bit bloody sick of this. Ive tried to do an hours cycling but its not flat around here and Im fat. If Boris Johnson is now saying I have to cycle for two or three hours or more now he can get stuffed. 😬

??? :unsure:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back