media influence

You could be asymptomatic after taking the vaccine, we don't know yet.
I’m pro safe and necessary vaccine and anti trial and jabs I don’t feel are necessary just because I’m against taking some doesn’t mean I’m against all of them as for being asymptomatic that could apply to numerous illnesses we could all pass on where do we stop with the just in case vaccination

This discussion about have vaccine / don't have vaccine...

Be really, really careful what you wish for.

100% object to folk being ostracised or bullied into doing something they really don't want to do.

I'm in total agreement with Mark here:
"What we have here though, is people are so frightened they are willing to restrict other people, that I have no time for"

l chose to have the vaccine after weighing all the pros and cons, and certainly not because everyone else was having it.
The scaremongering, fake news and conspiracy theories were weighed up at the outset and then completely ignored (by me).

First and foremost I prefer to make my own judgement on the best thing to do for me, myself and I.
The fact that the vaccine looks like it helps prevent onward infection, well that's a fantastic second benefit.
Anyone who claims they're only taking the vaccine to lessen the risk to others I would call out as bl**dy big fibbers! ;)

Never had a flu jab in my life, and I never will, for a whole variety of reasons which I don't have to justify to anyone.
Covid is different, and I will risk the new jabs because the alternative - catching it and probably dying - is a no brainer.

If, however, they combine a covid jab with a flu jab in future?
My jury will go back out to assess the situation, and probably decline it, thanks all the same (y)

Last edited:
This discussion about have vaccine / don't have vaccine...

Be really, really careful what you wish for.

100% object to folk being ostracised or bullied into doing something they really don't want to do.

I'm in total agreement with Mark here:
"What we have here though, is people are so frightened they are willing to restrict other people, that I have no time for"

l chose to have the vaccine after weighing all the pros and cons, and certainly not because everyone else was having it.
The scaremongering, fake news and conspiracy theories were weighed up at the outset and then completely ignored (by me).

First and foremost I prefer to make my own judgement on the best thing to do for me, myself and I.
The fact that the vaccine looks like it helps prevent onward infection, well that's a fantastic second benefit.
Anyone who claims they're only taking the vaccine to lessen the risk to others I would call out as bl**dy big fibbers! ;)

Never had a flu jab in my life, and I never will, for a whole variety of reasons which I don't have to justify to anyone.
Covid is different, and I will risk the new jabs because the alternative - catching it and probably dying - is a no brainer.

If, however, they combine a covid jab with a flu jab in future?
My jury will go back out to assess the situation, and probably decline it, thanks all the same (y)
who nose it may be in the bum, or in my ass, i did not no donkies got it, but here gose, touch your toes, ok.pj. he----lp

I’m having the vaccine on 2nd April. I can’t understand the reasoning behind not having it. Ok, so some say they will take their chances with it ( and possibly travel around and infect others, isn’t this how the pandemic started?),others are happy that they could die( fate and all that) but what about the alternative, where you get the virus, go to hospital, get put on a ventilator, and, as has happened to some, stay on that ventilator for months then recover but have months of physio to get fit again, or perhaps you never become fit again and have to rely on others to look after you.
Still, you can console yourself that the choice not to have the vaccine was yours alone, and I’m sure Bill Gates will be happy having fewer people to monitor...........

Anyone laying off the booze for a couple of weeks after the jab? According to "Drinkaware" you should although I am not sure there is any real scientific evidence to back it up. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/202...ne-should-avoid-alcohol-before-and-after.html

Something about boozing effecting your immune system. Get my jab on Monday and Mrs D Tuesday so will have a bit of a blow out on Saturday then on best behaviour for at least two weeks.

Anyone laying off the booze for a couple of weeks after the jab? According to "Drinkaware" you should although I am not sure there is any real scientific evidence to back it up. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/202...ne-should-avoid-alcohol-before-and-after.html

Something about boozing effecting your immune system. Get my jab on Monday and Mrs D Tuesday so will have a bit of a blow out on Saturday then on best behaviour for at least two weeks.
I've only been drinking Saturday nights, won't be stopping that.

I’m having the vaccine on 2nd April. I can’t understand the reasoning behind not having it. Ok, so some say they will take their chances with it ( and possibly travel around and infect others, isn’t this how the pandemic started?),others are happy that they could die( fate and all that) but what about the alternative, where you get the virus, go to hospital, get put on a ventilator, and, as has happened to some, stay on that ventilator for months then recover but have months of physio to get fit again, or perhaps you never become fit again and have to rely on others to look after you.
Still, you can console yourself that the choice not to have the vaccine was yours alone, and I’m sure Bill Gates will be happy having fewer people to monitor...........
There are other alternatives too.

Fortunately we still have freedom of choice as well as freedom of speech in the U.K. if someone doesn’t want treatment they are perfectly entitled not to have it. It may lead to some short term travel restrictions but that’s part of the choice. There is no proof either way about passing on Covid so that is not a valid argument.
What is wrong is the sort of thing Nigel is on about, people being scared off from taking something by ill informed folks. Media and social media has a lot to answer for but I somehow doubt it will any time soon.

Unbelievable. Ive not heard of anyone dying from the side effects but lets face it plenty of people have from the flaming virus! Crazy. Having spoken every day to my close friend who finally succumbed and passed away terrified ill be throwing women and children behind me to get mine on Monday. Well I wont. Ill just stand it the queue but you get my drift. :D

Have a look at these, The Pfizer and AstraZeneca latest vaccinr results

https://assets.publishing.service.g...izer-_BioNTech_Vaccine_Analysis_Print__2_.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.g...VID-19_AstraZeneca_Vaccine_Analysis_Print.pdf

Thanks but not sure what most of that means. It looks like a very small number of people have died after having either vaccine. Without reading the entire thing does that mean the vaccine killed them or not? Some of the side effects on that list mean nothing to me. There are bound to be some but ill be taking mine on Monday for sure. Happy to take my chances with either Pfizer or AZ.

I keep seeing this 99.8% survival rate figure being bandied about. That is out of date.

Current figures give a survival of rate of 97.9% as roughly 2.1% have died compared to the UK population.

However, there is a good percentage of the population that hasn't yet been infected so that survival rate will continue to drop as more people contract the disease and, sadly, die from it.

To me, vaccination is a no brainer.

I keep seeing this 99.8% survival rate figure being bandied about. That is out of date.

Current figures give a survival of rate of 97.9% as roughly 2.1% have died compared to the UK population.

However, there is a good percentage of the population that hasn't yet been infected so that survival rate will continue to drop as more people contract the disease and, sadly, die from it.

To me, vaccination is a no brainer.

Wouldn't that mean something like 1.3 or 1.4 million people have died?

Or is my maths completely to bonk, which is highly likely. 🤣

Thanks but not sure what most of that means. It looks like a very small number of people have died after having either vaccine. Without reading the entire thing does that mean the vaccine killed them or not? Some of the side effects on that list mean nothing to me. There are bound to be some but ill be taking mine on Monday for sure. Happy to take my chances with either Pfizer or AZ.

The numbers suggest, that 3800 people will die from the vaccine injection per one million vaccinated.

The numbers suggest, that 3800 people will die from the vaccine injection per one million vaccinated.

Where does it show that? 3800 per 1 million will die from the vaccine? Well by my maths considering close on 25 million in the UK have now had either one shot or two then by those figures 98000 of them should now be dead. I reckon that would have made the news. :ROFLMAO:

Where does it show that? 3800 per 1 million will die from the vaccine? Well by my maths considering close on 25 million in the UK have now had either one shot or two then by those figures 98000 of them should now be dead. I reckon that would have made the news. :ROFLMAO:
Theres been more important news this week, what with the royals and then Morgan getting the sack, might have to wait a week or two :p 😂

I may have a little whisky at the Zoom meet on Saturday, but then I’ll be off alcohol until at least the next Zoom. I’m jabbed on Tuesday and think that it’s the least I can do to give it the best chance to be effective. Just grateful that science has given us a possible exit from the nightmare.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back