media influence

n brown

just been talking to a relative ,70 yrs old and has been putting off getting the jab as she's scared of the side effects . i happen to know her son , not the sharpest knife in the box , is really into his conspiracy theories and is a fervent anti vaxxer and anti masker etc . after telling her the positive effects being jabbed had on my outlook and just do it , i handed the phone to my wife to have a go at reassuring her . after a couple of minutes Mrs B suddenly squealed with laughter ! turns out my relative was worried about the effect on her DNA . she finally admitted she'd heard the vaccine could turn you into a robot ! seriously

Unbelievable. Ive not heard of anyone dying from the side effects but lets face it plenty of people have from the flaming virus! Crazy. Having spoken every day to my close friend who finally succumbed and passed away terrified ill be throwing women and children behind me to get mine on Monday. Well I wont. Ill just stand it the queue but you get my drift. :D

My lad works with a lot of foreign people and most of them are telling him covid is fake it's the government trying to have you chipped and it is 5g causing the sickness:LOL:sad thing is they think it's true someone has been spraying a stencil around our town saying it's pandemic is fake and some other stuff. It's full of spelling mistakes so maybe a someone with English as there second language. my wife had the1st jab few weeks ago and has her second in April as she works in the hospital no side effects waiting for my age group to be ready so I can get it.

Mike

I refused mine I’m not anti vax but for an illness with a survival rate of 99.7% ill Give the experimental jab a miss each to their own

Interesting fact: it has been calculated that there is an 83.3% chance of surviving the first shot playing Russian roulette using a six cylinder pistol, this reduces to 66% on the second shot and so the percentage decreases with each shot. However, the percentage returns to 83.3% if the cylinder is spun before each time the trigger is pulled.

To my way of thinking 83.3% isn't that far off 99,7% and if you factor in the chance of surviving Covid but come away with some of the debilitating after effects, then the percentage starts to narrow.

Oh, remember to factor into the equation, should you wish to play Russian roulette and you do catch the bullet, it is pretty certain that death will be 100% likely!

All I can say to you is : good luck and I hope you don't pass it on to anyone else, because if you do and they die, you will live with that for the rest of your life.
Not something I could live with if I killed a loved one or anybody else for that matter.

the annoying thing is that it's actually pretty serious .this woman ,not a complete nutter , capable of doing a job , driving ,that sort of thing , has been persuaded that all the science is ''misguided'' and some div on facebook knows better ! she won't be an isolated case ,there'll be thousands like her . i don't know if herd immunity is even possible , but these media conspiracy nuts will be the cause of thousands of deaths . it's one thing to weigh things up and decide against the jab , but quite different to pass up the possible benefits because of irrational fears promoted by loonies

Not something I could live with if I killed a loved one or anybody else for that matter.
That is exactly the fear I have, I am not worried about myself dying, but worrying about passing the virus on. So I have been behaving myself since the first lockdown, myself and my wife have had our first vaccine, so feel a bit more secure now. However we still intend carrying on with our safety routine, in case someone else isn’t so careful!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back