media influence

The vaccines cannot cause covid, the vaccine only contains a tiny part of the virus called the "spike" . This triggers our immune system into producing antibodies.
Yes I know but there is a possibility of an over Reaction of the immune system like this https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22536382/ and weighed against the risk to my health from covid without a jab on balance I think it’s better to wait and see.Now that’s just my choice and I’m not telling anybody not to get the jab everyone has to make their own decisions based on the information that they have.

Yes we all have our personal level of acceptable risk. If you catch covid19 there is also a immensely higher risk ( depending on age of course) of an immune system over reaction called a cytokine storm which has a far higher death rate. If you were making a bet at the bookmakers and the odds were only 40 negative reports to the 25million vaccinated in the UK (and many more Europe) surely the side effect risk is minute compared to the risk if you caught covid. If those odds were on a horse race it would be a dead cert.
https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-vaccination-europe-by-the-numbers/

People have freedom to decide on lots of things that could make them ill or cause their, or someone else’s deaths. It should be personal choice if someone wants a vaccination and it is. I don’t have a problem with that as I believe in those freedoms.
I do have a problem where a country’s government decided not to offer a vaccine though especially when the data they say they are worried about is below what is normal, (the blood clots deaths they are using is lower than expected in ‘normal’ times).
I am cynical and I do believe there are a lot of sour grapes involved.
Glad I live in a country where the government gives you the choice 👍

Edit: I did take the vaccine when offered and will be taking the second in May 👍

You just watched the same thing on the news as me lol?
That French woman actually admitted politics was involved in the decision. Scandalous
Today I've watched more tv than for a week, I'm not impressed.
P.s. At the moment I'm wearing compression socks and self administrating a daily jab of anticoagulant, so maybe I can rest easy. :)

Last edited:
Perhaps this should be renamed.
Media effluent or
Media affluence
Anyway I am off to have a ???

Yes we all have our personal level of acceptable risk. If you catch covid19 there is also a immensely higher risk ( depending on age of course) of an immune system over reaction called a cytokine storm which has a far higher death rate. If you were making a bet at the bookmakers and the odds were only 40 negative reports to the 25million vaccinated in the UK (and many more Europe) surely the side effect risk is minute compared to the risk if you caught covid. If those odds were on a horse race it would be a dead cert.
https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-vaccination-europe-by-the-numbers/
So much that we still don't know how the virus will affect any one person, My husband fought the virus while having immunotherapy, In theory.....given his age, illness and a treatment to boost his immune system it should have been curtains but he survived, IMO its safer to have the vaccine,

Fortunately we still have freedom of choice as well as freedom of speech in the U.K. if someone doesn’t want treatment they are perfectly entitled not to have it. It may lead to some short term travel restrictions but that’s part of the choice. There is no proof either way about passing on Covid so that is not a valid argument.
What is wrong is the sort of thing Nigel is on about, people being scared off from taking something by ill informed folks. Media and social media has a lot to answer for but I somehow doubt it will any time soon.

If only that was true.

It makes no sense. The EU And EMA have said the AZ Vaccine is safe so why are so many countries taking it upon themselves to suspend it? Bonkers and of course the longer vaccination process takes everywhere, the more people will die and the longer restrictions will go on for all, including us. As the report says even if they say its safe now people will think there is no smoke without fire and refuse to take it. The damage is done.

It makes no sense. The EU And EMA have said the AZ Vaccine is safe so why are so many countries taking it upon themselves to suspend it? Bonkers and of course the longer vaccination process takes everywhere, the more people will die and the longer restrictions will go on for all, including us. As the report says even if they say its safe now people will think there is no smoke without fire and refuse to take it. The damage is done.

Seems the EMA will conclude their assessment by Thursday.

Well that French woman on BBC interview earlier said it was contractual and political when it was pointed out there were similar incidents of blood clots with the other vaccines. I reckon it’s because the AZ vaccine is U.K. and no other reason

There’s an interesting article on side effects on the BBC this morning. Link

Of particular effect I thought is this quote “Let's be clear, even with hindsight I'd do it all again. I'd rather have side effects than Covid, or another year of restrictions, or to accidentally pass the virus onto a loved one.”

I had the AV jab yesterday and so far so good.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back