Long live the king

Should we have a bank holiday, If no one likes him.

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • When our country readying for war we should be at work.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Did you see Simon Reeves in Cornwall? When you have a farmer bemoaning the fact he can't get British workers at £100 per day, it makes you wonder why they have food banks.
We have food shortages partly because we left the EU payback was higher prices for imports and lower prices for exports and the loss of all the European workforce that come to pick fruit and vegetables every year and trying to get some of the UK youth to do a hard days work in the fields is a none starter so it rots in the fields and we end up with shortages and supermarkets put up the prices it’s a vicious circle but it’s not the fault of the royal family. I’m trying not to step over the political line in the WC rules

We have food shortages partly because we left the EU payback was higher prices for imports and lower prices for exports and the loss of all the European workforce that come to pick fruit and vegetables every year and trying to get some of the UK youth to do a hard days work in the fields is a none starter so it rots in the fields and we end up with shortages and supermarkets put up the prices it’s a vicious circle but it’s not the fault of the royal family. I’m trying not to step over the political line in the WC rules
Try harder. :p :)

I don’t worship the royals but I do admire him and believe that they are good for the country let’s face it we were leaders in industry and manufacturing now look at us the laughing stock of the world the only thing we have left is our Royal family and they have acted on criticism over the years got rid of all the hangers on slimmed down the actual working royals and the money spent on the coronation is a mere dip in the ocean compared to the money wasted on government giving friends contracts throughout the pandemic that has been written off and the massive profits that are being made in the food industry and not forgetting the fuel profits even the NHS is now big business and money being wasted day in day out. At the end of the day they are a family with all the baggage that comes with lots of families but Charles at least tries to give back to the youth of this country .
I’ll step back and wait for more flack. 😂
I have always had a soft spot for Charles.
I honestly believe he is a decent, honest man.
He had it tough as a child having to endure a degree of bullying.
He gave honest opinions about many things, architecture, wild life, the environment, ecology, countryside, and global warming, amongst other things.
He always tries to do the right thing take him being the defender of the faiths.
Although he has led a very privileged life, he has tried his best to keep up up with things that affect the common man.
Right now he is trying to manage a situation brought about by the pressures of being a royal. Andrew has acted like a total idiot, and Harry seems hellbent on destroying his family, whilst being worked from the back.
I did say he has led a privileged life, but it’s not a life I would have wanted.
Will he make a good king, well even an old anti monarchist like myself thinks he will. Yes he is now at the royal helm, but knowing Charles he will steer a steady course through the rough seas that lie ahead. And we may still get an opinion or two, and I reckon that would be a good thing.

They
IMG_2579.jpeg
do keep Deeside lookin👌 cycled a lot of Royal Deeside and stayed in the Bothy at Glas alt Shiel belonging to the Royals.
Here’s a pic of us having a bite to eat at Honka Hut built for Charles and Diana.
We can even overnight in our vans at the gates of Balmoral.

I've nothing against the royals, I watched it as it was pi**ing down.
The bit I had problems with was the guest presenters ITV had.. every chance they had they pulled out the racist card... with the worse one being about the all white balcony...

Don't do the country down Annie, it's not perfect but personally I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
We have a lot to be thankful for and proud of and the vast majority of people outside the UK see us as something to live up to rather than laughing at us.

I don’t worship the royals but I do admire him and believe that they are good for the country let’s face it we were leaders in industry and manufacturing now look at us the laughing stock of the world the only thing we have left is our Royal family and they have acted on criticism over the years got rid of all the hangers on slimmed down the actual working royals and the money spent on the coronation is a mere dip in the ocean compared to the money wasted on government giving friends contracts throughout the pandemic that has been written off and the massive profits that are being made in the food industry and not forgetting the fuel profits even the NHS is now big business and money being wasted day in day out. At the end of the day they are a family with all the baggage that comes with lots of families but Charles at least tries to give back to the youth of this country .
I’ll step back and wait for more flack. 😂
'The only thing we have left is the royal family
No tourism without the royal family'
Imo the above statements are utter nonsense but I wouldn't state that you should leave the country because you don't agree with me .
Now for that statement you deserve all the flak you get

Fruit and Veg should actually be cheaper than 2016 as we can freely import from N. Africa which is a huge source of this. We should concentrate in other areas of farming. There is all this talk about slavery (including modern slavery) and as a country we want the less well off to do our hard and dirty work. That does not feel right to me.

I've nothing against the royals, I watched it as it was pi**ing down.
The bit I had problems with was the guest presenters ITV had.. every chance they had they pulled out the racist card... with the worse one being about the all white balcony...
ITV bend over backwards to be "inclusive" to the extent that white folks are now "excluded" (you only have to watch all the TV adverts)
its hardly surprising that there were no dark faces on the balcony because to my knowledge the royal family for the last few hundred years have descended from white Caucasians .. if Meghan was there then that would have been different

'The only thing we have left is the royal family
No tourism without the royal family'
Imo the above statements are utter nonsense but I wouldn't state that you should leave the country because you don't agree with me .
Now for that statement you deserve all the flak you get
I have broad shoulders, thick skin and a couldn’t care less attitude so I can take the flak quite happily if you stir the hornets nest you can expect to get stung. 😂😂

Don't do the country down Annie, it's not perfect but personally I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
We have a lot to be thankful for and proud of and the vast majority of people outside the UK see us as something to live up to rather than laughing at us.
Yes your right of course and I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else I just think we have lost our way a little.

I only caught glimpses of the coronation but I have always enjoyed the royal family and was brought up to respect our late queen. An amazing stoic woman who took her duty above and beyond.
The royal family prove to me they have hardships just like any other families divorce, family rivalry, arguments. I think Charles is broken over what has gone on with Harry and Meghan but hopefully rifts can be mended in the future.
I like the fanfare of the traditions and proud as a country we still hold them in place.
I especially like the screen covering of the anointing (his sacred moment with god).
I appreciate not everyone’s belief but it is mine

Last edited:
Had a email from one of my American brother in laws earlier today.
Apparently they had full coverage of the event and he and many of his neighbours
enjoyed watching it.
He was congratulating us for putting on such an impressive show.
Dezi

much like demi have a niece out there new york county although they are of course committed anglophiles they sat out & watched 4 hours of coverage with their neighbours thought it was fantastic, during coverage one of the neighbours an american refered to diana as the true queen my niece shut her down with if the establishment hadn’t prevented charles & camilla 50 years ago life would have been simpler all round

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back