Long live the king

Should we have a bank holiday, If no one likes him.

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • When our country readying for war we should be at work.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
I totally agree. Not a royalist but tradition is very important and something to be proud of. No one is forced to be part of it but the majority do as it’s a very special day for this country.
Perfectly put.
I would normally fall towards the anti side usually, but It was a special day and certainly wouldn't want to do anything to spoil the day for anyone.
I have every other day of the year to do that.

Perfectly put.
I would normally fall towards the anti side usually, but It was a special day and certainly wouldn't want to do anything to spoil the day for anyone.
I have every other day of the year to do that.
And you do a dam fine job Mark. ;)

I wasnt bothered one way or the other about jug ears but crowning Camilla is a step too far.

Perhaps the poll should have questioned opinions on Charles tart.

Personally though I like broad beans I'd have to give it a no vote

That's really not a nice thing to say about Camilla who seems to me like a really nice person.

I expect she doesn't speak very highly of you either though.

If coronations mean having to spend hours cleaning slabs, then

LONG LIVE THE KING, MY BACK IS ACHING :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1702.jpeg

I have no really strong feelings either way about the role of the monarchy but I loved the Queen as a figurehead and I think Charles is a good man at heart. Phillip also got a lot of bad press and although a little clumsy at times we never really knew him as a person until after he died.

The royals do attract a lot of visitors to the UK though and I would be interested to see the cost to the country if they were not around compared to the cost of keeping them.

The queen was a fantastic ambassador for the nation and respected throughout the world, hopefully Charles will be the same.

I totally agree. Not a royalist but tradition is very important and something to be proud of. No one is forced to be part of it but the majority do as it’s a very special day for this country.
Hmmm, I'm not so sure.
If the only reason something can be justified is because it's always been done like that in the past then I think you're on rocky ground. Whenever I hear an opinion for something being retained on the grounds of tradition I immediately think "death knell".
Smoking in pubs.
Foxhunting.
Caning kids at school
Child labour

I'll see your patio cleaning and raise you a levelling of the shared path in the rear garden, including the pickaxing of the tree roots from two 30 feet+ fir trees in the neighbour's garden some 15 months ago ...

Steve
Eh thanks but no thanks. My days of getting tree roots out are well over.
If you look closely at the tree on the right, there’s a stump left from a tree that came down, and the stump will be there when William is King :)

Last edited:
Good to see the coronation debate not descend into the culture war that too often sparks up over our public matters these days.

Sorry but are you seriously trying to say that people in republics like France are less free than us.
Many in France don't agree with what Macron is doing, but at least they voted him in, and can elect their head of state.
You either believe in democracy or you don't, I do.
I have nothing against people who support the Royal Family, and I hope they all had a great day.
Myself, I have just finished cleaning my slabs. :)
Macron rules the country as he was elected to do like it or not and at the moment many French do not. Our Parliament does the same as it’s members were elected to do. The monarch does not take an active part in politics and is above it, you cannot compare the French system with the Monarchy they are like chalk sand chess.

If coronations mean having to spend hours cleaning slabs, then

LONG LIVE THE KING, MY BACK IS ACHING :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 119688
You missed a bit 😕
Macron rules the country as he was elected to do like it or not and at the moment many French do not. Our Parliament does the same as it’s members were elected to do. The monarch does not take an active part in politics and is above it, you cannot compare the French system with the Monarchy they are like chalk sand chess.
Chalk sand chess, is that a board game?

Do you honestly think I don’t know that.
I was not comparing chalk with cheese,(chess) :ROFLMAO: I was merely highlighting that if you don’t like your President you can vote him out, and that he was elected in the first place. Neither of which apply to Charles. I was not comparing, but highlighting the differences between us.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back