Long live the king

Should we have a bank holiday, If no one likes him.

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • When our country readying for war we should be at work.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
I also am a royalist but I choose not to watch and played in my craftroom. Charles has done much for the young people of this country with his Trust and he was for organic farming before everybody else I think he will make a good King especially with Camilla to support him.

Whilst I still (just about) agree with having a monarchy Bill I totally agree with your post. What happened today in London with the arrests of people who just might offend people was a step too far to me. We live in a democracy or at least I thought we did. Whilst I support the monarchy I respect the rights of those who do not and their right to air their views as long as it's not violent or abusive which last time I looked was pretty much the red line for arresting people for protesting until today.
My main point related to me not being welcome in my own country because of my views Barry. If most feel they still want or need a head of state born into it, then that’s fine by me, but I don’t. And I happen to believe many feel the way I do. If Annie had not stated that I should live elsewhere, I doubt if I would have contributed to this thread. And for the record I don’t agree with the question wording, I may not believe in having a monarchy, but I don’t dislike Charles, or indeed his deceased mother.

Good business plan marry and inbreed with your wealthy cousins for 500 years keep the mega wealth hidden from the plebs. I see them as a business and they are a business the old queen gave good value for the nation charles I think wants to do right but can’t because off his tosser of a brother and the red headed orphan he calls his son. But my honest opinion a bunch of spoiled outdated misfits. Must admit I’ll back William to the hilt King Billy sound good to me.😜

I rather think that the freedom to say what you feel is partly to do with the fact that we have a head of state who is above politics and I don’t imagine a president or an elected head of state could contribute as much as the late Queen and now King Charles did and will do. I think the monarchy is relevant especially in their ability to bring the people together. You only need look at the crowds at her late Majesty’s funeral and todays coronation to see it in action. We need a glue to keep us together in bad times and to help us celebrate the good times, they are that glue.
We USED to have a head of state who was above politics 😉
I suspend judgement, if previous behaviours are relevant that is no longer the case. I hope I’m wrong.
The Prince’s Trust is awesome. Volunteered with them for years. So his intentions are sound. However his penchant for expressing opinion/seeking to influence is not. If he wants to be a voice for the WEF he should do so as an ordinary man, not whilst he was about to be gifted the thrown. Oh except he couldn’t. Because membership is £££ks and only open to the wealthy or the influential.

I am of the opinion the Royal family have had their day. Not any one in particular’s fault {cough}
But if you think about it; human’s need faith in a “higher power” psychologically. God,, Royals and persons of great power and influence provided that omnipotence. I’m times where peasants tended their land a distant and mysterious, unseen but had to be obeyed, presence kept a semblance of order. It was needed. Later the tradition and pomp, tourism and guidance were beneficial.
Now we have the internet. The ultimate higher power. One anyone is fingertips from accessing. Not good, certainly. But available. And with no mystery the reverence is lost. Society is at risk of a downward tumble, but a king is not going to stop it, for all his decrees. Because people do not want to be led by an unelected nobody. The internet of things has made it so people want their voice to reach further and democracy to reign.
I’ve always been 50:50 on the royals. They live a life if unfettered luxury and wouldn’t know a hard days work if it slapped them in the face, for the most part. They did however generate a lot of revenue for the country and the stipend took less than it derived.
However. The behaviours respected of the mother appear to have bypassed the sons. And I am of the view that if our Majesty decides to continue to meddle in sociopolitical affairs it won’t be long before the youth, who have more fashionable and age appropriate peers to look to, will be looking to become a republic. Because all they see is an old man with everything telling them with nothing what they should and should not have access to while he continues his lifestyle with no change, regardless of any behaviours he or his exhibit.
The inequity was tolerable where behaviours were hidden behind palace walls. The www has shattered this barrier and brought to light the privilege. The privileged would do well to refrain from voicing how the others should live. And from assuming they are in any way special. Gen Z and millennials are bloodhounds to that kind of behaviour. And they’ll be the ones who decide the royal families fate.

For myself? I think there should be a national lottery where the prize is one year of being king or queen. 😂. You get to promote the UK and live in luxury for a year. Annual coronation. Then back to your council bedsit you go. 🤣😆

Last edited:
Good business plan marry and inbreed with your wealthy cousins for 500 years keep the mega wealth hidden from the plebs. I see them as a business and they are a business the old queen gave good value for the nation charles I think wants to do right but can’t because off his tosser of a brother and the red headed orphan he calls his son. But my honest opinion a bunch of spoiled outdated misfits. Must admit I’ll back William to the hilt King Billy sound good to me.😜
No need to hold back Wully your amongst friends here mate 😜

I
I heard he goes to Parkhead every chance and wears a jimmy bunnet as a disguise Wullie. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nothing shameful about it what would be shameful would be to become a republic imagine the damage some of the PMs could have done as presidents judging by the damage they did as PMs.
That’s your opinion, and that’s fine no problem with you holding that opinion. But that’s not what is shameful. What was shameful was to accuse people who don’t think like you as being negative, and stating they could go live elsewhere.
I and millions of others love our country, but feel that royalty is inappropriate and outdated, that opinion is just as valid as yours, and in our country people are free to air their opinions, that’s one of things I love about it. You obviously don’t reckon we should.
I don’t think you are being negative, and I know I am not being negative either.
And I hope you enjoyed yesterday, I really do.

I caught a bit of the coronation this morning before I went out .. I am not an ardent royalist neither am I anti-royal but I am proud of this country, its heritage and traditions are pretty unique. There's me saying these things and I am a Canadian :)
I totally agree. Not a royalist but tradition is very important and something to be proud of. No one is forced to be part of it but the majority do as it’s a very special day for this country.

I was amazed when I heard one of the announcers say they had deployed 7000 troops for the day, the transport alone must have cost a fortune.

I totally agree. Not a royalist but tradition is very important and something to be proud of. No one is forced to be part of it but the majority do as it’s a very special day for this country.
Could not agree more there, and I genuinely hope all who believe in the monarchy enjoyed the coronation. No one should feel forced to be part of it, and no one should feel alienated because they don't believe in it. My wife sat and watched it all day, whilst I got on cleaning the slabs in the back garden. It took me 9 hours, and my back was aching. But I look out at my back garden this morning, and think job well done, and my wife will never forget the coronation. Now for me that’s really what this country should be all about.

Im sure not many here in republican hotspots watched one bit of it, other places where flying flags and partying like mad, me I pi--ed of to a openfarm and had a good day with the kids. :)

I'm sure there are all sorts of numbers out there, I'm almost shocked but happy that there were no serious incidents (Not heard of any) hard to put a value on the enjoyment of it, and it will be long remembered as a British spectacle around the world.

I'm sure there are all sorts of numbers out there, I'm almost shocked but happy that there were no serious incidents (Not heard of any) hard to put a value on the enjoyment of it, and it will be long remembered as a British spectacle around the world.
Predictions say he will be knocked of and william will end up king in a short time. :eek:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back