Lockdown- but out in the MoHo

It’s simply a case of -
Look after You & Yours, if circumstance & safe opportunity arrises then do what might be considered a ‘Social Responsibility’ & offer guidance to others that are obviously flouting the Law Or Common Sense behaviour. But then Stop, Walk away & get on with ‘YOUR’ life & Affairs.
As Arguing, Quoting Figures & Playing Ping Ping with Reasoning for others actions will often just wind ‘You’ up.
Let the powers that be take action on who they consider requires it, & let the accused argue the point if they feel their actions are defendable in court.

OH look it’s Tea & Donut time , in my Motorhome 😊
No donuts, will a blueberry muffin do? :)

I think you'll find the plague is still around in the world, they just keep a very close check on it. Smallpox on the other hand has died out, mainly due to vaccination.
True, but it is very rare and thankfully is effectively treated with antibiotics

Isn’t it actually amazing JUST how many different types of Nasties ARE out there that at one time or another had devastating effects on us as a race. It’s like living in a Toxic Soup every day !.

Isn’t it actually amazing JUST how many different types of Nasties ARE out there that at one time or another had devastating effects on us as a race. It’s like living in a Toxic Soup every day !.
Talking of soap, does anyone remember the big green bars from the fifties and sixties, never seemed to wear out, sorry back to corry now.

I don't have a motorhome, but a campervan. And I try use it for shopping at least once a fortnight. Need to keep everything ticking over, engine and running gear wise. Plus I don't want it standing on the same spot on the tires for months on end..
Motorhomes are like any other vehicle. If you don't keep them moving you're gonna end up spending more money and time on them after not moving for months on end..
Plus I live driving my campervan and nothing to say what vehicle you have to go shopping in..

Are campsites still open and accepting bookings? If so, you can’t blame people for taking advantage. But, the message from the government is “stay at home” which to me, means stop travelling around, whatever means of transport you chose.
I know some people full time in their vans, but doesn’t that mean they should stop travelling around too? The virus only spreads by contact between people and even if you think you are isolating in your motorhome, you could still be spreading the virus, even though you have no symptoms.
Of course, essential travel, if really essential, should be allowed, but everybody seems to think they are abiding by the rules, but as the virus spreads, some of them obviously aren’t.
We live full time in our motorhome an currently in Cornwall. . Campsites are taking bookings for summer but are not open to tourists. We got onto our site just before the last lockdown and haven't moved since. Gas is delivered to site, we have great WiFi, water, waste and ehu and even have Morrison's home delivery to the pitch. We could drive into Penzance for shopping or to the local beach car park for exercise, however we don't need to. However, there are some who do and if they are full timing and not lucky to be on a site, what choice do they have.

I think the nation is getting obsessed with this essential/non essential nonsense.

The obsessing - correct me if I'm wrong - seems to come from the percentage of the nation that is stuck at home and not having to be out and about working.

Folk are apparently stir crazy, and therefore way too quick off the mark in (often unjustified) judgements of who should be doing what, imho.
Too much time on your hands to dwell on stuff you can do nowt about! ;) :) 😘

Patience and tolerance required, not finger pointing and travel envy - especially when you have absolutely no idea why someone is out and about in a camper, or in any other type of vehicle for that matter.

After all, the majority of us are now all going about being good citizens and getting our jabs when called up.
Which means there is a massive light at the end of the tunnel for everyone.

Rant over👍 🤗
A quote comes to mind when I see post that someone else thinks who should or shouldn't be on the road it is "If you do not have responsibility for something then you should not have an opinion on it"

My mother lives alone aged 94, 200 miles from me, and was managing OK until she had a fall. Then I took my motorhome down and camped on her drive for two weeks while she got back on her feet. Many people have lots of good reasons to use a motorhome, as mentioned by others above, and many are using their MH so as to ensure that they can really do social distancing, not to flaunt the rules. Then there are probably others...

We have been discussing how we can get van moving a bit to test it out. It's just been standing for months.
So I will be driven to my hospital appointment in it next week and we will probably use it for the next big grocery shop in two weeks time.

We have been discussing how we can get van moving a bit to test it out. It's just been standing for months.
So I will be driven to my hospital appointment in it next week and we will probably use it for the next big grocery shop in two weeks time.
Nothing wrong with that,,,Completely Normal 👍😊

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back