Lockdown- but out in the MoHo

I have seen very few motorhomes, but then I have not done much travelling recently.
I am sure that the vast majority of us have done our bit, not least because most of us would fall into the more vulnerable category if catching covid.

But at the risk of being accused of being obsessive, a curtain twister, or because I don't work anymore, I simply feel that this lockdown is not being taken serious enough by some. And sadly the results of this attitude have created an illusion of normality, and a more relaxed attitude towards covid, and currently 111,000 deaths and counting. Also I can think of nothing else more important than this going on in the world right now.

Last edited:
You’re view is absolutely as relevant as anybody else’s Fisherman 👍.
But as far as this thread goes it would be very difficult I imagine to put a proportional amount of deaths suggested in the figure you quoted that is solely then Attributed to JUST the people that are driving Motorhomes, not Vans, Cars, Bikes, Motorbikes, Busses let alone the smaller proportion OF those that have NO real good reason or are just blatantly flouting the Rules, Law or Ethics
Again I suggest that would be a good post for the CV thread to bound those figures around

Last edited:
You’re view is absolutely as relevant as anybody else’s Fisherman 👍.
But as far as this thread goes it would be very difficult I imagine to put a proportional amount of the figure you quoted to JUST the people that are driving Motorhomes, let alone the smaller proportion OF those that have NO real good reason or are just blatantly flouting the Rules, Law or Ethics

NZ, I have agreed with you already, that in my honest opinion the OP was wrong in only highlighting motorhomes.
I have seen hardly any, I go days without seeing one.
But the levels of car driving is just about back to normal up here in Glasgow.
I have nothing against anyone taking their motorhome shopping, but I personally would not do it.
For me as usual our community can hold its head up high. But there are far to many who can't.

The trouble is, that by saying "some" are not taking it seriously, ignores that the majority are. Anyone with an "illusion of normality" is seriously delusional, but there are deluded people out there. On this forum, I think we are preaching to the converted?

The trouble is, that by saying "some" are not taking it seriously, ignores that the majority are. Anyone with an "illusion of normality" is seriously delusional, but there are deluded people out there. On this forum, I think we are preaching to the converted?

The volumes of traffic were I live are at least 90% normal, and I am not exaggerating here.
So to be perfectly frank, I don't know if the majority are taking this serious enough.

I gave two examples of folk travelling 20 and 25 miles each way to go hillwalking.
Sorry but thats really not on in the current crisis.
I honestly believe that WE are pretty much faultless here.
But far too many have not followed the rules, and people have died because of this.
Also and finally, I think I am right in saying that per capita the UK has had more deaths from covid so far than any other country in the world.

Last edited:
I have seen very few motorhomes, but then I have not done much travelling recently.
I am sure that the vast majority of us have done our bit, not least because most of us would fall into the more vulnerable category if catching covid.

But at the risk of being accused of being obsessive, a curtain twister, or because I don't work anymore, I simply feel that this lockdown is not being taken serious enough by some. And sadly the results of this attitude have created an illusion of normality, and a more relaxed attitude towards covid, and currently 111,000 deaths and counting.

No it isn't, but what I'm trying to say - not very well, I admit - is ....
There is very little we can do about individual behaviour outside of our immediate environment, so there is no point in worrying about what other people may or may not be up to.

Dwelling on such things, or getting upset and agitated about something you have no control over will drain emotional energy and is ultimately no good for your health.

Concentrate on what you do have control over - that is basically looking after you and yours and getting vaccines sorted out.
The rest is out of our hands, we just need to sit tight and keep staying safe.

There is nothing living under the sun that lasts forever, and that includes this virus.
We may be out of house arrest sooner than you think (y)

There is very little we can do about individual behaviour outside of our immediate environment, so there is no point in worrying about what other people may or may not be up to.

Dwelling on such things, or getting upset and agitated about something you have no control over will drain emotional energy and is ultimately no good for your health.

Concentrate on what you do have control over - that is basically looking after you and yours and getting vaccines sorted out.

There is nothing living under the sun that lasts forever, and that includes this virus.

I agree with what you say there. I can’t help being a bit disappointed though that some have an attitude of doing whatever they personally fancy and finding excuses to so behave which if everyone did the same would mean prevention measures would fail totally.
I will now go and concentrate on what I have control over, staying at home as requested.

This pandemic has turned us into a nation of mega curtain twitchers and finger pointers.
Almost worth turning some of the bickering that goes on into a TV soap, Debroos! :ROFLMAO: 👍

If some vans aren't sticking to the 'rules', then that's up to them.
If they get caught and fined, all well and good. If they don't no one will be any the wiser.
Not like the occupants of said vans are notorious for going round spitting on the emergency services!

In the big scheme of things there are way more terrible things going on in the world that we should bother about.
Keeping things in proportion is important, and a lot of these arguments are making too many mountains out of molehills.

Wow, that has to be the thought of the week! A soap about wildcampers!
What should it be called? 🤗

And the parting shot at the end of a cliffhanger episode would be the face at the side window of the motor Home rather than the taxi, in eastenders. At least we would have reason to be in the launderette!

I travel to Edinburgh from Stirling once a week in my camper. It’s to care for a close family friend who has dementia and her son who has learning difficulties. I would say the roads are definitely quieter but not as quiet as the first lockdown. We have never seen or heard of police checking any vehicles.

The police have been checking vehicles in the Tinto Hill carpark. They handed out a few fines. The numbers coming here seem to have calmed down a bit.

Yeah, have to say they have had a VCP not far from me on the A40 between Brecon & Abergavenny.
I’ve been through it once towards Abergavenny didn’t stop me though on that occasion.

or ,as i always tell my kids , 'don't sweat the small stuff '

I only started the post referring to MoHo's, @Fisherman as they are so easily identifiable, less likely to be a Sales Rep, and we will get the £$%^ for not conforming. I know, without doubt that it isn't just motorhomers that are flouting LD3. Let alone dumping grey waste in the wrong place!
Thanks N. Zombie for another legit reason 👍 and of course the others who, have (or not), maybe in their opinion a legit reason 😕. thought it was simple 'Stay at Home'
However, I am still going to try and guess the whys and wherefores of the next MoHo I pass though (and be a tad jealous😘)

I only started the post referring to MoHo's, @Fisherman as they are so easily identifiable, less likely to be a Sales Rep, and we will get the £$%^ for not conforming. I know, without doubt that it isn't just motorhomers that are flouting LD3. Let alone dumping grey waste in the wrong place!
Thanks N. Zombie for another legit reason 👍 and of course the others who, have (or not), maybe in their opinion a legit reason 😕. thought it was simple 'Stay at Home'
However, I am still going to try and guess the whys and wherefores of the next MoHo I pass though (and be a tad jealous😘)
If its ours on the M65 then its wifey driving to the office for her monthly visit, one knocking about in Accrington is a receptionist at a Health Centre, it's her only vehicle, not very exciting, sorry 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back