Lockdown- but out in the MoHo

Apart from a vintage motorcycle our motorhome is our only form of transport. Once we had both finished work it seemed a waste of money to tax, insure and maintain two vehicles. I'm sure we aren't the only ones.

We, too, also use the van sometimes instead of the car to go shopping in order to give it some exercise!
Today we will take it, instead of the car, when we go for a walk. This is within 2 miles of our house and will give the van an outing and allw us to make a cuppa and enjoy the view for a bit before we go back inside the house for the rest of the day.
I can't see that any of that breaks the rules....so hopefully the other vans that are out are doing similar.
what is the dif-ar-on-ce, be tween a 2ltr and a 2.3 ltr. it would a pier. one has a bed and a toilet, well its in your pants.its a load of c--p to me. stay cool, ok.pj.

Police have no power to arrest or fine people as proved here last week when 500 people turned up at a memorial to a shooting outside a bookmakers, police arrested some and now are under investigation for doing so, the thing is if stopped say nowt as police have to have proof of an offense, which is impossible unless you squeek.

Are campsites still open and accepting bookings? If so, you can’t blame people for taking advantage. But, the message from the government is “stay at home” which to me, means stop travelling around, whatever means of transport you chose.
I know some people full time in their vans, but doesn’t that mean they should stop travelling around too? The virus only spreads by contact between people and even if you think you are isolating in your motorhome, you could still be spreading the virus, even though you have no symptoms.
Of course, essential travel, if really essential, should be allowed, but everybody seems to think they are abiding by the rules, but as the virus spreads, some of them obviously aren’t.

I see medium to large MOHOs all the time along the Solway Firth, some with bikes on the back !! I can't believe the police will not stop them if the are seen.

We've had this virus over a year now,. Were not in the middle ages where people rarely left their home parish. Society relies on transport....from supermarket trucks to amazon couriers... maybe the few hermits sanitizing every delivery haven't been exposed to the virus, unless it blew in on the wind when they opened the door, but the rest of us saw it and shrugged it off when we went to the supermarket a year ago.

We've all got to make our own informed decisions and do what we feel is right given our own personal circumstances.

We've had this virus over a year now,. Were not in the middle ages where people rarely left their home parish. Society relies on transport....from supermarket trucks to amazon couriers... maybe the few hermits sanitizing every delivery haven't been exposed to the virus, unless it blew in on the wind when they opened the door, but the rest of us saw it and shrugged it off when we went to the supermarket a year ago.

We've all got to make our own informed decisions and do what we feel is right given our own personal circumstances.

I think that if everyone took that attitude then the hospitals would have been overwhelmed long ago. Fortunately the majority take the outcome for society in general into account and follow the rules, not risking others lives by unnecessary travel and activity.

Sometimes you just despair.
Whilst hundreds are dying every day, our NHS is on its knees, and we are living in the country which per capita has lost more to Covid than anywhere else, apparently we have shrugged it off and we should all be left to make our own decisions to meet our personal circumstances.

A recipe for disaster.

The thought of heading out in my big white box possibly spreading Covid, has no appeal whatsoever. When it’s safe to get back out again I will be out there with everyone else. But that won’t be a personal or an informed decision taken by me, it will be taken by our government. Yes they have erred, but they are far better informed than I will ever be.

Stay safe, and think of others much less fortunate than ourselves.

Rant over. Apologies

Sometimes you just despair.
Whilst hundreds are dying every day, our NHS is on its knees, and we are living in the country which per capita has lost more to Covid than anywhere else, apparently we have shrugged it off and we should all be left to make our own decisions to meet our personal circumstances.

A recipe for disaster.

The thought of heading out in my big white box possibly spreading Covid, has no appeal whatsoever. When it’s safe to get back out again I will be out there with everyone else. But that won’t be a personal or an informed decision taken by me, it will be taken by our government. Yes they have erred, but they are far better informed than I will ever be.

Stay safe, and think of others much less fortunate than ourselves.

Rant over. Apologies
How would you spread covid if out in your van, unless you get out and hug folk then it will not happen, you can get out and go for a walk but keep away from others, believe it or not hospitals spread the bug much more than you may think, which is I suppose better to stay off roads and not have a accident and end up in an emergency ward, its a hard choice, exercise or hide under the sofa.

Years ago before vaccines were even thought about, diseases and plagues were rampant and they ran their course and society recovered.
So, how did society recover and these plagues die out? Because people eventually realised that the disease spread from one to another and they understood that some form of quarantine worked to reduce the spread. Eventually good old fashioned social responsibility won the day, and nowhere was more socially responsible than a little village up North called Eyam in 1665
The quickly realised how the disease spread and the whole village quarantined itself till the plaque had died out.
They lost half the population but it didn’t spread.
It’s a shame now that some people have forgotten that it’s not just about them and still think they should be allowed to do as they like just because they are bored by staying home.

How would you spread covid if out in your van, unless you get out and hug folk then it will not happen, you can get out and go for a walk but keep away from others, believe it or not hospitals spread the bug much more than you may think, which is I suppose better to stay off roads and not have a accident and end up in an emergency ward, its a hard choice, exercise or hide under the sofa.

You could spread it in the event of a breakdown or accident. Individually the risk is perhaps low, but spread would inevitably occur if everyone did it. Using the van for a short journey to a place to exercise is within the rules. Certainly hospitals do spread the virus, but the question being considered here is the selfish use of a motorhome for a none essential journey. Fortunately the vast majority comply.

Trev, unless you never leave your van which would be pointless you run the risk of catching or spreading Covid. Most would head out for a walk where there are gates to open, fences or stiles to clamber over, each one with the chance of Covid being spread. Then there’s shopping, and other places you may visit, and yes you may say you wouldn’t but many would. Bottom line there are many ways to spread Covid even in rural locations.
Also it simply looks bad driving about in a Motorhome with bikes on the rack in these times.
If we all did what suited us for our own personal (selfish) reasons, were would we be.

I wonder if those two who thought it was ok to go camping yesterday thought they would be safe from catching or spreading Covid? Well, they were right, instead one the the rescue team who volunteered to assist them is now in a critical condition in hospital.
If they had stayed at home, other people wouldn’t now be suffering.

Yes but many have to go out for food and other things, here lies a problem, and how many of you wear cloves when refueling your car, i do.

Trev, theres a massive difference between that and heading out miles from your home to another town city or village just because you reckon it’s ok. We have to eat and survive. Some ESSENTIAL travel for supplies or to supply is unavoidable, but deciding to take a jaunt out somewhere for pleasure is and should be avoided.

Are campsites still open and accepting bookings? If so, you can’t blame people for taking advantage. But, the message from the government is “stay at home” which to me, means stop travelling around, whatever means of transport you chose.
I know some people full time in their vans, but doesn’t that mean they should stop travelling around too? The virus only spreads by contact between people and even if you think you are isolating in your motorhome, you could still be spreading the virus, even though you have no symptoms.
Of course, essential travel, if really essential, should be allowed, but everybody seems to think they are abiding by the rules, but as the virus spreads, some of them obviously aren’t.
Doesnt necessarily follow that its spreading because some people are not abiding by the rules. The rules in general are contradictory, & still allow for transmission of virus. If every single person followed official "orders" the virus would still spread.

I wonder if those two who thought it was ok to go camping yesterday thought they would be safe from catching or spreading Covid? Well, they were right, instead one the the rescue team who volunteered to assist them is now in a critical condition in hospital.
If they had stayed at home, other people wouldn’t now be suffering.

I never knew this where was this.
And it serves to underline what we are trying to say.
How sad, and my mates a member of the Loch Lomond team.
They had to get three idiots of Ben Lomond last week.
No crampons, or proper gear
All three fined For breeching the rules.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back