Lochore aire locals object?

Well I defilnitely need to step away. I haven't lost my cool completely but he's infuriatingly prejudiced and is slinging mud faster than a shaking wet dog. You've caught my post above in first draft lol! I edited it a couple of times to keep it a tad more neutral, as in "it seems that" "your comments come across as" instead of accusatory. Even so, nothing could match his rudeness in spreading such bile, so I'm not going to feel guilty for returning a salvo or two :ROFLMAO:
Sorry, I should have cropped the screenshot to just show my pending post.

Sorry, I should have cropped the screenshot to just show my pending post.
Linkhouse if you want to post why not post something mundane on another thread in Benarty matters. Once you have successfully done this it should then let you into the Motorhome thread. Worth a try.

Linkhouse if you want to post why not post something mundane on another thread in Benarty matters. Once you have successfully done this it should then let you into the Motorhome thread. Worth a try.
I have tried this several times over the last couple of days but he must recognise my name as none of my posts have been approved.
Either that or he will be looking at other face book groups I am a member of and will see that they are mainly motorhome groups

I've asked if the missing cat has been found yet.

Now I cannot respond

C67B7715-3965-4F01-BA63-E2E36AC2F5B4.png

I think we've been completely banished! I can't find the group now or see any of the notifications I received from the group. Most bizarrely, I can't even see any of my posts to the group in my own profile’s activity line!!! How on earth? I didn't know that was possible :oops:

Gosh, I wonder if I upset someone? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to capture an entire thread on FB? The vitriolic hatred and bigotry emanating from TK is unbelievable and I feel the need to capture that thread for posterity and add another complaint to both Benarty and Fife councils.

@Minisorella : this is what happens when a group admin blocks you. Thankfully, I only made the one post (albeit calling him out) so I should still be able to save the thread and put it on my Dropbox for you to download if you need it. ... at least, if someone can tell me how to save it!

I think we've been completely banished! I can't find the group now or see any of the notifications I received from the group. Most bizarrely, I can't even see any of my posts to the group in my own activity line!!! How on earth? I didn't know that was possible :oops:

Gosh, I wonder if I upset someone? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
I have screenshots of all his posts, I suspected this would happen.
424FD2BC-6846-4380-ADA2-25DACE61F00A.png
A96DC970-0DAA-409B-885F-19067210A576.png
466A6DF8-150C-4283-B98C-C64F2212A384.png
BDB4AFE1-FCA6-4E45-A8A2-CFEB37777709.png
F1D62421-AF49-4F69-9C14-F6CDDC3120E1.png
6C11669C-9FF3-4AEF-B005-4FE360AA2427.png
6098A8F5-6E80-4829-916D-ABFC7A2CBD20.png

I’ve managed to get in to view Benarty Matters thanks to a friend of mine who logged in for me with her account. The entire thread has been ‘sanitizsed’, mostly with just Tom’s diatribes about motorhomes and all the links to spurious media articles remaining. Even his answers to some of my posts are still there but everything else has been censored and banished 🤬 I’m not wasting any more time on him but pity the poor folk he represents if this is how he deals with sensible debate. !

I feel it’s getting a bit out of hand… but I’m not saying we did anything wrong in calling out his bad behaviour and pointing out the errors in his posts. His prejudice and bigotry are like any other type of ‘ism’ and should always be challenged as unacceptable. We were very measured in our responses… he was the one to escalate into personal insults. Anyway, I’m done with it all to be honest but I hope we’ve at least opened the eyes of a few more local people who might be tempted to fight our corner in the future.

A really interesting parting thought is that It seems people were very unhappy once before with TK’s efforts at censorship. The screenshot below is the first post from a page called Benarty 2 from about a year ago… a previous revolution it seems 🤣

715F5014-992A-462A-BA9B-F7B43514FF3D.png

I didn’t screenshot the 2 comments beneath because of swearing but I’ve edited here to add a link. It just made me chuckle 😊

Last edited:
I suppose one encouraging thing is that there isn’t a single post from anyone else agreeing with him so at the moment at least, it seems to be a one man crusade.

Does anyone know how to capture an entire thread on FB? The vitriolic hatred and bigotry emanating from TK is unbelievable and I feel the need to capture that thread for posterity and add another complaint to both Benarty and Fife councils.

@Minisorella : this is what happens when a group admin blocks you. Thankfully, I only made the one post (albeit calling him out) so I should still be able to save the thread and put it on my Dropbox for you to download if you need it. ... at least, if someone can tell me how to save it!

Yes. Like this you mean?

I use a, paid for, tool called Faststone Capture. https://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm But there is a free trial of 30 days before purchase. I use one or other of the facilities all the time but probably not worth paying for if it's only occasionally useful.

There's possibly another, free way, to do it. Select the entire thread text you wish to capture and print it as a pdf file with the instuctin "print selected area only".. I use a tool called cute pdf writer. https://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

Benarty Comm Council facebook page.jpg

It's a pity you didn't expand all the comments so the full context of his replies could be seen, but as Minisorella say, it's too late now as the thread seems to have been sanitized with pretty much all comments except his own removed.

He has also gone back and added some recent replies of his won to make his stance look a bit more balance (screenshot below). I think the last post about it being HIS page pretty much sums up the position though.

Benarty_Matters___Facebook_pdf__page_1_of_2_.jpg

Sorry it is so small, but I had to zoom out to get all three posts in one screenshot.

Phill

I hope that some here who have in the past seemed to support the actions of some councils see now what actually goes on some occasions. Whats going on in Benarty should be sorted out, and I am not just talking about our issues. It’s clear from recent posts that we are not alone here. All I ask is next time you see barriers going up, or signage instead of blaming ourselves due to the actions of some ask was this done due to their actions or through bigoted envy. Because you can be sure if Tom Kinnaird had his way we would not be welcome at Lochore. Yes we have idiots amongst us, but we are far from the worse users of public facilities. Yet it’s us alone who get banned.
Tom Kinnaird is not alone, I remember well the councillor from Musselburgh making similar bigoted comments about us, but he had the power to do what he did and have us banned from Fisherrow. I am sure now that on many occasions we have been banned due such nasty bigoted people being in positions of power taking decisions affecting us based on nothing more than anecdotal evidence filtered through their own bigoted minds.
Just to finish of, I am not saying that this is always the case, it’s not. There have been times when councils have had to take action, but next time a place you used to visit peacefully for years is closed to us, instead of just accepting it as a fait accompli ask yourself, was this really justified, do we really deserve this.

It's a pity you didn't expand all the comments so the full context of his replies could be seen, but as Minisorella say, it's too late now as the thread seems to have been sanitized with pretty much all comments except his own removed.

He has also gone back and added some recent replies of his won to make his stance look a bit more balance (screenshot below). I think the last post about it being HIS page pretty much sums up the position though.

View attachment 103215

Sorry it is so small, but I had to zoom out to get all three posts in one screenshot.

Phill
Part of the problem is I am not a fb user, and I struggled with posting on it. I could not even find the thread and had to helped by Jennie to find it. But I reckon there’s plenty on here to use against him. But sadly I don’t hold out much hope of having this narrow minded bigot removed from office. It’s the same old situation in any local community. Most just live their lives and don’t take much notice of what goes on around them, whilst the few who are interested, are interested for all the wrong reasons, and in some cases you end up with people like this taking control.

I have just commenced the complaints procedure with Fife Council.
I should hear from them via the phone within 5 working days.
I selected the phone option because I felt I may only receive a standard response by email. I want to explain verbally to someone. I will keep you all posted on how things go. But don’t hold your breath, I feel I am just going through the motions here, and that’s sad. But hopefully some will look upon this as a learning curve, I know I have.

Yes. Like this you mean?

I use a, paid for, tool called Faststone Capture. https://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm But there is a free trial of 30 days before purchase. I use one or other of the facilities all the time but probably not worth paying for if it's only occasionally useful.

There's possibly another, free way, to do it. Select the entire thread text you wish to capture and print it as a pdf file with the instuctin "print selected area only".. I use a tool called cute pdf writer. https://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

View attachment 103214
In many ways this is even more disturbing Tom. Here are we complain about his behaviour towards us, but we don't live within his council.
Why this man has not been kicked out of office before now eludes me.
But I suspect its lethargy which allows him to remain were he is.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back