8672A66D-C7E9-49E5-A518-A8301BD13A34.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 241
  • 7F5ED720-297E-453A-A4F6-68BC94733E48.png
    7F5ED720-297E-453A-A4F6-68BC94733E48.png
    903.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 70FA4C1B-D2E1-4D52-AC62-C53A4E885BBE.png
    70FA4C1B-D2E1-4D52-AC62-C53A4E885BBE.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 238
The manager has been getting a rough ride here's a few things said about him which imho he can and does work hard to getthis goung p,ease p,ease support him and reply on the Facebook page

Attachments

• 117F98D4-F66E-403B-A4B8-521A4F2D7696.png
    117F98D4-F66E-403B-A4B8-521A4F2D7696.png
    218.2 KB · Views: 137
  • CC007FE2-95DD-47DD-BAC0-34B07C5C7437.png
    CC007FE2-95DD-47DD-BAC0-34B07C5C7437.png
    494.3 KB · Views: 134
Gordon can you try and get a link.

From what I can see it’s just an idiot talking a load of cr-p about something he knows little or nothing about. But sadly he’s not alone.
Also Camerons comment on his video related to the term Aire, this has been deliberately taken out of context. Unless you are into our pastime it’s unlikely that anyone would be aware of the term.

Last edited:
I've put in my twopenneth on Facebook. It's so sad that people don't understand and just spout the rhetoric they see in the press, much of which we know is often generated by people with a vested interest in campsites. Still we can but dream... one day eh?

I've put in my twopenneth on Facebook. It's so sad that people don't understand and just spout the rhetoric they see in the press, much of which we know is often generated by people with a vested interest in campsites. Still we can but dream... one day eh?
Can you post a link to this.

This is what we tend to get when trying to link to Facebook posts but if you look up Benarty Matters in the Facebook search field, you should find the group :)
Just liked your post, I will reply to Tom Kinnaird tomorrow, but I won’t be anywhere near as diplomatic as your excellent post was. :mad:

I’m a bit shell-shocked by that one Rob! :)
Well I am not Jennie.
I have just posted also, but I doubt if anyone will like my post.
Unlike you I was deliberately less diplomatic, I felt some home truths had to be pointed out, and that’s exactly what I did. So your the good cop Jennie and I am the bad cop:)
Well done, and thanks for replying.

Good in Jennie. I’ve put my two pen’orth in as well. Not make a bit of difference to the man Tom I doubt…

Cheers

H
Tom is a bigot plain and simple. He refers to class differences as if they are written in stone, and pre determined by his definition of what poverty is. He even thinks that Lochore Meadows was built solely for the poor (Using his definition) in his local area, and not for the benefit of us all who actually paid for it. Well winks I was brought up in hard times in Glasgow tenements, poverty was everywhere, but then it was normal. Everyone I knew was poor, but I never felt envy for those who did enjoy greater wealth than myself. Tom clearly does with his reference to £50,000 vans being the subject of his clear and obvious envy.
And sadly there are plenty like Tom out there, that will never change. His views about us are based on envy, and lacking in knowledge about us.
I reckon he's is more to be pitied than anything else. But what he does highlight quite clearly are two reasons why we are treated so poorly at times, Ignorance and envy.

As I’ve said before on here. The majority of people who don’t know anything about our hobby think that these big fancy motorhomes should be using the places provided for them which in their minds are campsites and not parking up overnight in public places.

I am not normally on Facebook, and when I was asked to go on and post on the Benarty matters site with regards to Lochore I could not even find the site. But with the assistance of Jennie I eventually got into it.
It was a learning curve for me and I saw first hand how as a group we are prejudiced against through ignorance and envy of others. I had always thought this was the case, and here it was staring myself in the face.
Lochore is a nice location, a former mining area. The Lochore project cost tens of millions and was the largest land reformation project in the U.K. An area that was left savaged by two hundred years of coal mining was turned into a nature reserve for wildlife, and a recreational area for our use.
Fife council decided to provide basic facilities for us. They put an elsan point in and close by a freshwater tap. (An obvious error). There was a gravel area behind the carpark that was unused and they decided to use this for motorhomes and charge £10. Cars could park for free on tarred parking lots. Then three years ago they installed 6 EHU points for our use and charge an additional £2.50 a night. But to date there is still no grey water facility, and the elsan point suffers from blockages due to people putting bottles and other objects into it. In hindsight and after yesterdays discussion on FB I now think this was being done by some locals.
I have never felt unwelcome at Lochore, the staff are great, and I have had some good conversations with the locals, even being offered kayak to sail on the loch by a couple.
But one individual (just one individual) started posting nonsense about us and the management. I was pmd asking to go on and counter this individual, and myself and others did so. He was complaining that the only people who are asked to pay anything are not paying enough. He started off saying that the park was only for poor locals, not for folk paying over £50,000 for mohos. He stated that we were emptying our cassettes into the loch killing fish. I pointed out why would we do that when we had an elsan point which was far closer to us than the loch, and even if we did it would not kill fish. Both assertions were quite frankly ridiculous. But as the discussion went on he started quoting media articles about us. He even showed the wind up article where the young kids were joking about emptying their cassette by the side of the road and put in on youtube.
What as there for all to see was how one individual intent on giving us a bad name was given a platform to do so. The fact remains the vast majority of locals have no issues with us. Tom was driven by two things envy and ignorance, and sadly he will never change. But there are Toms everywhere.

Last edited:
I am not normally on Facebook, and when I was asked to go on and post on the Benarty matters site with regards to Lochore I could not even find the site. But with the assistance of Jennie I eventually got into it.
It was a learning curve for me and I saw first hand how as a group we are prejudiced against through ignorance and envy of others. I had always thought this was the case, and here it was staring myself in the face.
Lochore is a nice location, a former mining area. The Lochore project cost tens of millions and was the largest land reformation project in the U.K. An area that was left savaged by two hundred years of coal mining was turned into a nature reserve for wildlife, and a recreational are for our use.
Fife council decided to provide basic facilities for us. They put an elsan point in and close to (an obvious error) a freshwater tap. There was a gravel area behind the carpark that was unused and they decided to use this for motorhomes and charge £10. Cars could park for free on tarred parking lots. Then three years ago they installed 6 EHU points for our use and charge an additional £2.50 a night. But to date there is still no grey water facility, and the elsan point suffers from blockages due to people putting bottles and other objects into it. In hindsight and after yesterdays discussion on FB I now think this was being done by some locals.
I have never felt unwelcome at Lochore, the staff are great, and I have had some good conversations with the locals, even being offered kayak to sail on the loch by a couple.
But one individual (just one individual) started posting nonsense about us and the management. I was pmd asking to go on and counter this individual, and myself and others did so. He was complaining that the only people who are asked to pay anything are not paying enough. He started off saying that the park was only for poor locals, not for folk paying over £50,000 for mohos. He stated that we were emptying our cassettes into the loch killing fish. I pointed out why would we do that when we had an elsan point, and even if we did it would not kill fish. Both assertions were quite frankly ridiculous. But as the discussion went on he started quoting media articles about us. He even showed the wind up article where the young kids were joking about emptying their cassette by the side of the road and put in on youtube.
What as ere for all to see was how one individual intent on giving us a bad name was given a platform to do so. The fact remains the vast majority of locals have no issues with us. Tom was driven by two things envy and ignorance, and sadly he will never change. But there are Toms everywhere.

Bill, you know that I have mixed feelings on Aires but this is a very well written post which makes some excellent points.

Blinkered and erroneously focused individuals like the one you refer to need to be countered and I applaud you for that.

Bill, you know that I have mixed feelings on Aires but this is a very well written post which makes some excellent points.

Blinkered and erroneously focused individuals like the one you refer to need to be countered and I applaud you for that.
Rob, Jennie deserves all the plaudits.
She was more focussed than me, less angry than me, and her posts really hit home better than mine. Jennie kept her cool, whilst I quite frankly did not at times. And without her help I doubt if I could have even found the thread on FB :(

This guy is so typical of the type who may go on to become a local politician filled with bias, ignorance and envy. And we have all seen the consequences from this on here on an almost daily basis.

Rob, Jennie deserves all the plaudits.
She was more focussed than me, less angry than me, and her posts really hit home better than mine. Jennie kept her cool, whilst I quite frankly did not at times. And without her help I doubt if I could have even found the thread on FB :(

This guy is so typical of the type who may go on to become a local politician filled with bias, ignorance and envy. And we have all seen the consequences from this on here on an almost daily basis.

Yes, Jennie also made an excellent post (She's intelligent and articulate, I know her well), so further credit due.

Unfortunately TK likes his name up in lights and uses deflections, tangents, smoke and mirrors and downright fairy tales to get it there. Unfortunately I don't see him ever admitting he's wrong no matter how the evidence stacks up!

Yes, Jennie also made an excellent post (She's intelligent and articulate, I know her well), so further credit due.

Unfortunately TK likes his name up in lights and uses deflections, tangents, smoke and mirrors and downright fairy tales to get it there. Unfortunately I don't see him ever admitting he's wrong no matter how the evidence stacks up!
Tom this man reckons we should pay £25 a night for somewhere to park with basic incomplete facilities. You could taste the envy in his posts, his vitriol towards us was bound less. He even accused us of being nasty and full of bile. According to him we hated folk in tents, and caravans. We pointed out many of us own tents, and used to own caravans, but to no avail.
All we were attempting to do was point out that we alone pay for what’s on offer at Lochore. There are the usual issues there, rubbish being left, graffiti, people in tents starting fires burning the ground, and leaving there mess. I doubt if we have left a fag packet yet we get the usual crap directed towards us, whilst we alone pay for just being there.

the point that we alone pay to use the facilities was one i also made at the kelpies , we overnighted in the upper carpark & for a fee of £5 each van the warden parked us in a section at the end with 12 marked bays & said to use 1.5 bays each , next morning there was much muttering & pointing at our vans parked outside the bays i did politely ! point out that we had paid for the privilege whereas they were parking for free but you can’t talk to a closed mind like our Tom.

the point that we alone pay to use the facilities was one i also made at the kelpies , we overnighted in the upper carpark & for a fee of £5 each van the warden parked us in a section at the end with 12 marked bays & said to use 1.5 bays each , next morning there was much muttering & pointing at our vans parked outside the bays i did politely ! point out that we had paid for the privilege whereas they were parking for free but you can’t talk to a closed mind like our Tom.

Tom was the first time I got to talk to someone who clearly hated us.
What alarms me more than anything is that Tom could have been a councillor.
I remember well reading the vitriol against us from the SNP councillor in Musselburgh.
Toms hatred was nothing more than ignorance based on the articles he had read online,
with a good helping of envy thrown in for good measure.
I thought it was important that his comments should be contested.
As usual when you put facts in front of the Toms of this world they are conveniently ignored.
Facts like, we are the only ones that pay anything, we are not leaving a mess whilst others do,
we are not damaging property, and writing graffiti, and we are not guilty of anti social behaviour.
Like a child Tom latches on to the fact (And sadly it is a fact) some have left without paying.
He attempted to inform us that we have idiots amongst us.
Well Tom we know that, but then so have every other group who use the park.
Basically Tom is a narrow minded bigot who hates us because he cannot afford what we have.
Using that logic I hate Elon Musk, Richard Branson, and anyone who can afford something beyond my finances.:)

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back