Linking 2 leisure batteries??

chrishunter

My idea is to link 2 leisure batteries, by drilling a cable size hole in the battery compartment making it a tight fit.Feeding 2core cable through to the compartment under the back seat {compass avantgarde 200} to the other leisure battery. Now the questions are what size cable to use would 2 core 1.5mm do it, will the alternator be able to charge all 3 batteries and am I correct in wiring the positive terminal to the negative second battery and the negative to positive on the spare battery.

1.5mm cable? Absolutely not! nowhere near close.
Your suggestion/thoughts on how to cable is very wrong as well.

Sorry to say this, but I don't think you have enough knowledge to tackle this job.
As this, you appear to be so far from being correct I don't feel it right to give instructions via posts on this this forum.

1.5mm cable? Absolutely not! nowhere near close.
Your suggestion/thoughts on how to cable is very wrong as well.

Sorry to say this, but I don't think you have enough knowledge to tackle this job.
sorry that should have been pos to pos and neg to neg ,could I use 2.5 cable

Its done like this using proper battery cable & clamps which can be bought at any good car shop, do get someone else to do the job.
correct battery connection.png

I don't have solar ,and i`ve just had a new alternator fitted.when I do a check under the bonnet I always check the battery and the charge with a meter..
Solar is a requirement these days for the loads and charging when you have stopped, something you should be looking into as summer will be here soon. (y)

The amps you draw is how thick the jump wire should be.
You can just use
The cable I use for my old van. I got from scrap yard including terminals cut straight from under bonnet off any car, 13 or 10 mm spanner used to remove terminals from battery before I cut cables

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

Like you I am a novice and after your first post understand why those that are knowledgeable are now hesitant to give advice. Can I suggest doing your own research on youtube and then coming back here and asking for confirmation that what you've figured out will work, is safe and then do the project.

Some replies do seem brutal but that is only cos nobody wants you stuck in a moho on fire

(y):)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back