jab appointment

Still no sign of jabs for us. We rang the helpline last week to be told that it may yet be some time and that appointments had not yet been allocated. Notification for my flu jab in December arrived by post three weeks after it was sent from my doctor‘s surgery a mile away, so not expecting anything soon! I’m being very careful as since I’m told I’d be vulnerable if catching flu I presume that similar applies to covid 19.
Additionally I relied on acupuncture to help with my mobility, with some long term success. Due to new coronavirus restrictions from this week this treatment is no longer available in Scotland.

Last edited:
Bill, that is awful! 😟

Why on earth is there such a big disparity between Scotland and England re rolling out the vaccinations?! :unsure:

I'd be bugging my MP(s ) every single day for answers by this stage 😡

You want to send the Geordie dogs in?
All I'd have to do is threaten to remove my scarf 👹
Bet they'd be round your house with a charged up needle in no time...!! 😉:devilish::ROFLMAO:😁

Still no sign of jabs for us. We rang the helpline last week to be told that it may yet be some time and that appointments had not yet been allocated. Notification for my flu jab in December arrived by post three weeks after it was sent from my doctor‘s surgery a mile away, so not expecting anything soon! I’m being very careful as since I’m told I’d be vulnerable if catching flu I presume that similar applies to covid 19.
Additionally I relied on acupuncture to help with my mobility, with some long term success. Due to new coronavirus restrictions from this week this treatment is no longer available in Scotland.

The text for my free flu jab ( 50 - 64 year old ) from the GP came in on 11th Dec, wife gets her free anyway and never received an invitation from the GP

We`d already had them done at Tesco mine was £9 + club card points, wife`s was free back on the 5th Oct knowing full well it would be mayhem trying to give them free and the Covid jab at the same time although they need to be a week apart.

Oh Caz, you're way overdue now! A couple of weeks back, everyone in tiers 1-4 were told to get in touch directly if they'd been missed. If you've called your GP and can only get a distant appointment, why not call the hospital direct? Or pop in to reception and explain the situation... unless you're shielding? I've heard lots of tales where qualifying people have been slotted in on the spot... the quicker the better really because it takes up to 3 weeks for protection to properly kick in. Fingers crossed for you 🤞

The restricted driving thing isn't a problem because this would be essential travel :)
Where I had mine, they were only asking people to wait if they were actually driving themselves home but everyone else could just leave. Even drivers were allowed to go and sit in their cars for the 15 minutes if they preferred but most people opted to stay in the warm, in the distanced, post-vaccine area.

I asked the nurse at the Doctors' today, she said I am Tier 5 not 4 but she put a note on my file. At 12.30pm they rang me and gave me a 3.30pm appointment at the local hospital hub. I have now been pfizered. Well, I think I have, didn't feel a thing. Not even a little prick.
It was like a production line and we all had to sit down afterwards and wait for the 15 minutes - underneath a sign which said "Time is precious, waste it wisely". :rolleyes:

I asked the nurse at the Doctors' today, she said I am Tier 5 not 4 but she put a note on my file. At 12.30pm they rang me and gave me a 3.30pm appointment at the local hospital hub. I have now been pfizered. Well, I think I have, didn't feel a thing. Not even a little prick.
It was like a production line and we all had to sit down afterwards and wait for the 15 minutes - underneath a sign which said "Time is precious, waste it wisely". :rolleyes:
See, you're a youngster... it's official 😘 I'm so glad you got it sorted. Love that sign 😂

Reactions: Caz
Don't know if its been mentioned anywhere but a recent NHS update said that anyone in the 65-69 category should contact their GP directly for an appointment, rather than waiting for a letter to come through.

They told both me and wife that because we`d received the 1st invitation by text from our GP then that`s how the 2nd invitation will come in approx 10-12 weeks.
I booked both of mine online at the same time. I planned ahead and carefully avoided the Hereford meet date that was the first offered for the second dose, just in case! Besides, who wants a jab on their birthday? 😊

Reactions: Caz

Caz was you pfizered or oxforded? Strange no one reports feeling a prick some sort of conspiracy going on here I feel.My wife already jabbed with Oxford also told me she felt nothing. mmm what's going on? :rolleyes:

Caz was you pfizered or oxforded? Strange no one reports feeling a prick some sort of conspiracy going on here I feel.My wife already jabbed with Oxford also told me she felt nothing. mmm what's going on? :rolleyes:

You do feel an incredibly light 'scratch' for about a nanosecond - or at least I did (y)

Jan and I hardly felt anything either -- and neither of us had significant side effects. Jan was pfizerised and I got azzed. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I might have thought it was a trick needle that retracted into the syringe. However, I saw it going in and noted fluid that was apparent in the syringe at the start of proceedings that wasn't there when it was over. That said, although most report no issues, a couple of friends have reported two or three days of post-jab misery.

It is an extremely fine needle in the hypodermic, that is why it feels painless.

The availability of the jabs is tremendous ... and so is the abundance of the correct needles. A needle shortage has been found in some countries. France was one that I heard of.

I'm not the slightest bit needle phobic but I honestly didn't feel a thing other than the touch of her hand on my arm. It helps most if you just relax to prevent physical resistance... a point they keep drumming into me when I have my regular eyeball stabbings! Trust me, that's a jab that wouldn't get 90% take-up! :eek:

It is an extremely fine needle in the hypodermic, that is why it feels painless.

The availability of the jabs is tremendous ... and so is the abundance of the correct needles. A needle shortage has been found in some countries. France was one that I heard of.
The pre-planning and preparation that went into the vax delivery and deployment programme has proved to be stunning... and started months before the vaccines were even in serious trials. I know it's not the fashionable thing to give the government a share of any kudos at all but they really did a great job of paving the way and ensuring the NHS et al had the logistical means to work their undeniable magic. I'm feeling pretty proud of the UK at the moment 😊

The pre-planning and preparation that went into the vax delivery and deployment programme has proved to be stunning... and started months before the vaccines were even in serious trials. I know it's not the fashionable thing to give the government a share of any kudos at all but they really did a great job of paving the way and ensuring the NHS et al had the logistical means to work their undeniable magic. I'm feeling pretty proud of the UK at the moment 😊

Overall it seems to have been very successful in the UK.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back