jab appointment

It's a large hub graham called the pyramids at Bathgate

Ah right, did you book the second jab at the same time ?

Me and the wife got our invitation through our GP by text with a link in it which took us directly to the booking site and had our name etc. already on there.

The wife only got the original letter 9 days after received the jab, i haven`t got my letter yet having only had it on monday just gone.

Apparently we`ll receive the second jab invitation the same way through our GP according to the nurse who administered the jab.

I have had my jab a week past, ok first day, all this week sore head arms legs chest pain dizzy and watery eyes, reminds me of a mild flu. :(

When I phoned 119 they booked both appointments, even they 'struggle' to get the bookings. I live within couple of miles of two vaccination hubs, but first appointment was for one further away, as she took my contact number that 'disappeared' , but as luck had it a cancelled appointment came online for nearest hub and she quickly booked that.

And as if by magic the day after I make appointment my letter turns up, dated 20th. I note that the accompanying leaflet is aimed at 65+, care workers, and those who are clinically vulnerable(my group). The Gas Safe chap I use had his jab last week as he's in 65+ group which should be same time as my group, not sure why my letter came late, maybe they send them out in batches which spreads load.

And as if by magic the day after I make appointment my letter turns up, dated 20th. I note that the accompanying leaflet is aimed at 65+, care workers, and those who are clinically vulnerable(my group). The Gas Safe chap I use had his jab last week as he's in 65+ group which should be same time as my group, not sure why my letter came late, maybe they send them out in batches which spreads load.

The wife got her text message with a link in it on a friday then went straight online and booked her 1st jab for the following sunday.

Her letter offering the 1st jab only came 9 days after she had the jab :unsure:

My text message came in on a thursday and i booked my 1st jab for the following monday, no sign of any letter yet for me.

Last edited:
Not sure why I haven't had text, NHS is well aware of my mobile number, and have phoned me for other reasons.
p.s. my phone doesn't support 'track and trace' app, so I'm not on that list, I wonder if that's why.

Not sure why I haven't had text, NHS is well aware of my mobile number, and have phoned me for other reasons.
p.s. my phone doesn't support 'track and trace' app, so I'm not on that list, I wonder if that's why.

I got my letter saying I was due for the vaccination, but didn't receive any other notification after that, despite letter saying to "do nothing" if I wanted jab at GP instead of a hub, they would contact me directly.

Phoned the surgery nearly a week later and they didn't appear to have me on the list.
Got the appointment over the phone at the GP for a couple days after.

Might be worth ringing your GP directly and asking, Colin?
They seem to be urging people in the right groups to come forward now anyway?

PS. I'm not on track and trace either, the vaccine programme is nothing to do with it (y)

Last edited:
The 65-69 Cohort 5 was one ahead of Cohort 6 for 64+ and 16-64 clinically vulnerable, so the fact that the gas chap had his earlier makes perfect sense :)

It's possible they included the over 65 in the letter you had to catch any of Cohort 5 who'd been missed.

Well things have moved on much faster than expected from this morning, I'm all jabbed up now.
Apparently NHS rang my old works number, luckily I'm still in contact and my old boss gave them my mobile number, funny enough they have previously rang me on mobile several times before, but they had 'lost' it!
I'm booked in for operation, on being told when my jab was due they advised I should get it earlier if possible, rang GP and the receptionist said "no ring 119".
Well 119 couldn't guarantee rebooking a earlier slot, they have to cancel then rebook which might work or might not.
Rang the GP back this afternoon and spoke to practice manager, she checked and rang back, "come straight down we have four spare doses, one is being put aside for you".
Sorted. :)

Well things have moved on much faster than expected from this morning, I'm all jabbed up now.
Apparently NHS rang my old works number, luckily I'm still in contact and my old boss gave them my mobile number, funny enough they have previously rang me on mobile several times before, but they had 'lost' it!
I'm booked in for operation, on being told when my jab was due they advised I should get it earlier if possible, rang GP and the receptionist said "no ring 119".
Well 119 couldn't guarantee rebooking a earlier slot, they have to cancel then rebook which might work or might not.
Rang the GP back this afternoon and spoke to practice manager, she checked and rang back, "come straight down we have four spare doses, one is being put aside for you".
Sorted. :)

I think we're getting to the stage now where, if you're in the right 'groups' and really should have had your first jab by now, but haven't heard anything, you need to be proactive. Suggest phoning 119, or go online to the NHS coronavirus vaccine booking site, or ring your GP.

PS I'm talking about England here, don't know what the situation is elsewhere.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back