jab appointment

Apparently Sir Michael Caine stripped stark bollock naked to receive his Covid Vaccination jab.

After much embarrassment the nurse was heard to tell him

"You were only supposed to roll your bloody sleeve up!"

1613032073862.png

Apparently Sir Michael Caine stripped stark bollock naked to receive his Covid Vaccination jab.

After much embarrassment the nurse was heard to tell him

"You were only supposed to roll your bloody sleeve up!"

View attachment 92982
special teatment or what........arm chair.........etc. luxury....non of that where i went.....it were a hard chairs makeshift cubicles etc...... :) :)
whatever...im extremely grateful to get one.........all was very efficient,,,,,,,,they are doing very well.....

All done and dusted, as everyone else has said, never felt a thing.
Just waiting now to see if there are any reactions/side effects.

In and out in 5 mins. Injection nurse had a younger lass working with her, logging stuff on the computer.
Introduced her as trainee, both pleasant and smiley.

When I came to leave I asked them how they were getting on themselves, were they managing OK etc.

The reaction was one of shock (understatement!)
"Do you know you're the first person we've had in here that's ever bothered to ask about us, thank you so much!"
Anyway, they tell me they're OK but rushed off their feet non stop.

Wonder how many people there are in the world who never bother to consider the person beside them performing a vital service on their behalf.

I hope you guys remembered to ask after your innoculators and say thank you on your way out! 😝 😜 😉

Last edited:
Reactions and side effects are good according to SWMBO. Means your body is sorting out a response to a Covid infection so you are ready to ward off the virus. Early reports from Israel suggest that both vaccines give good immunity after 21 days so keep your heads down a little longer guys / gals .. Stay safe.

got the letter for my jab yesterday spent an hour on the web trying to book there are 3 vaccination centres i know of within 6 mls but none offered online at any of them nearest offer 24 mls 41 mins away in the middle of leicester but nothing available till next wednesday opposite direction industrial estate on outskirts of northampton 36 mls 55mins one slot available today booked first jab there second at leics by the time i confirmed it the first jab slot had gone so rebooked it for sat lunchtime , tried the old soldier act on the number given not been 5 mls since lockdown now got to do 60ml round trip etc but apparently new slots given out every 24 hrs and for local ones advised to wait till gp rings to chase you up then you will get a slot locally within 24 hrs so they are there? i realise what a massive undertaking this roll out is & im just taking first available regardless of travel ,

might just be a facebook expert but there was a report that if you don’t have a reaction it may be because you already have antibodies ie already had covid in some form certainly i was reaction free but had really bad flu last christmas new year gp gave me double dose of antibiotics because of pneumonia history still took a fortnight to clear up i’ll just ask karen if she thinks it’s true

I'm well impressed with the way Cornwall are rolling out the vaccination. Jan's on the 'extremely vulnerable' list and got a text a couple of weeks ago offering her a choice of appointments spread over two vaccination centres. She got the Pfizer jab the day after. I got a text last week inviting me to pick an appointment at one of three centres and got the AstraZeneca jab 2.5hrs later. We both got invitation letters in the post a couple of days after our text invites, so I guess they sent the letters and the texts at the same time -- belt and braces!

I got my letter on Saturday afternoon and had my first jab of AZ last night at a hospital a few miles away, having decided not to wait for the GP to get in touch. Amazingly happy and friendly atmosphere and beautifully organised, with lots of space and barely any waiting. I didn't feel the jab at all and today all I have is a slight warmth and mild ache in my upper arm. All the staff, security and volunteers were absolutely lovely and - @mariesnowgoose - I made sure to thank everyone for all that they're doing. I actually had a good night's sleep and feel quite chipper today... even did my exercises first thing! It's a breeze folks, get those arms ready 😊

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back