jab appointment

Had my jab yesterday. As I posted earlier I went to one of the big hubs. Chaos. Arrived 10 mins before my appointment to see a queue of the halt and the lame outside the centre. Luckily it was sunny if not warm. Too many people arriving well before their appointments and more booked than staffed for. Took over 2 hours before I left with Pfizer in my arm. Great to be able to go for a drive for a change.

Had my jab yesterday. As I posted earlier I went to one of the big hubs. Chaos. Arrived 10 mins before my appointment to see a queue of the halt and the lame outside the centre. Luckily it was sunny if not warm. Too many people arriving well before their appointments and more booked than staffed for. Took over 2 hours before I left with Pfizer in my arm. Great to be able to go for a drive for a change.

At least it's done now, so that's good news Meg (y)

They are pushing on as fast as they can I guess.
Always bound to be some chaos here and there.

When they first started doing the pfizer jabs last December, Neil's terminally ill mother had to queue outside for well over half an hour.
Nowhere for anyone to sit down either because they'd taken all the benches and seats away for virus elf and safety reasons 😳😡

I'm envious, my local centre is the old mental hospital about ten minutes away on the pushbike. My darling wife went on Friday, insisting on a lift, she was in and out in less than the fifteen minutes we had to sit outside in case she keeled over.

Took the other half to her appointment this morning. Her booking was for 9.15 and we arrived about 9.00. I must have been stopped ten times by volunteers asking if we were there for the jab before being directed to a parking space. She was back in the car in fifteen minutes where we had to stay for fifteen minutes before driving back, passing another six volunteers stopping me to ask if I was looking for the exit. I hope they were volunteers and not a job creation project.
You said they were volunteers. Twice.

Got a call from our GP’s secretary in England a week ago to book us in for our jabs. Explained we were in Spain and would get our jab here, looks like the end of March for us here though unless they can source more vaccine.

Pat

Louise had hers (AZ) this morning at the surgery down the road. In and out, and no instruction to wait 15mins before driving :oops:
The fifteen minute wait is for the Pfizer one where there is a very small chance of a reaction if you suffer from any severe allergies ie requiring an epipen. With the oxford one that is not required. Had mine last week, very efficient, staff and volunteers incredibly friendly and a feeling of being looked after despite it in reality being a production line.

Had the AZ jab 30 minutes ago by a Royal Naval lady.

200.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back