jab appointment

Preston, Lancashire, North West England.

Wife ( group 5 ) got her text message about 15 minutes back
Snip ..

So come on Boris, pull your bloody finger out and get me mine as well ................... please :)

When he phoned me , as usual on Fridays, for his usual question and answer session , I told him to log on to WC.. and follow up your request.

He's been a full member for years, of course..His Dad, Stan, before him.

I'm Sworn to secrecy about his Nom de Plume, alas.
But he pretends to be from somewhere North of Newcastle..

What a top Geezer.!
You should get what you want, very soon.
Trust me , I have a hold on him.

Last edited:
We seem to do it differently up here. Our letters (Aberdeenshire) had actual appointments in them for the first dose, with contact number if you want to change the appointment. My sister (Aberdeen City) had a letter with appointment times and dates for both the first and the follow up dose. Much easier than having to phone to make an appointment.
Seems the Scottish setup has been designed to be simplier - and more efficient because of it, at least in terms of the patient?
OHs Father got a call on Monday from his Doctor (in Glasgow) to go in the following day for his jab (jag!). So done on Tuesday.
Unfortunately got admitted to Hospital on Wednesday and still in, so let's hope the immunity kicks in ASAP as Hospitals not the healthiest of places right now :(

Most of the folk I know didn't bother waiting for their little local GP practices to contact them, because their low throughput would delay the jab.

I didn't book on line because I (correctly) guessed there would be anomalies here in the SE.

I rang 119, waited only a few minutes, spoke to a real person, had my jab booked for two days later, and the follow up booked at the same time.

Yes, it was an hours drive each way, but it was wonderful to drive somewhere different.

PS Everyone I have spoken too agrees that social distancing at the Super Centres was superb, the volunteers managing throughput kind and helpful, and the only person who came close was the person sticking the needle in. 👍

We’ve been ahead in the vaccination programme so far apparently and a few days ago it said we should have jab by 21st March, today they’re stating possibly June! God I hope not.

We’ve been ahead in the vaccination programme so far apparently and a few days ago it said we should have jab by 21st March, today they’re stating possibly June! God I hope not.

But before June a large percentage of the population will have been jabbed - and that's the folk that make up 75% + of the death rates.

Also, if the vaccine reduces chance of transmission alongside - which they now seem to be saying does to some extent (70% for Astra Zeneca jab) - then the infection rates should hopefully have dropped right off by then, ergo chances of catching it reduce also.

Try and stop worrying! Keep safe and plodding along, we'll get there eventually (y)

Talking of councils, this morning Neil showed me a magnificent clip of a Parish Council meeting which has gone viral.
The lady acting as 'clerk' is doing so under an official request to sort out some of the 'problems' with this particular outfit...

No wonder we're in trouble! 🥴 🤪 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:😅

This kid is responsible for that clip going viral, he is a parish council meeting enthusiast who watches as many as he can and thoroughly enjoys them.

Each to their own I guess.

got the letter for my jab yesterday spent an hour on the web trying to book there are 3 vaccination centres i know of within 6 mls but none offered online at any of them nearest offer 24 mls 41 mins away in the middle of leicester but nothing available till next wednesday opposite direction industrial estate on outskirts of northampton 36 mls 55mins one slot available today booked first jab there second at leics by the time i confirmed it the first jab slot had gone so rebooked it for sat lunchtime , tried the old soldier act on the number given not been 5 mls since lockdown now got to do 60ml round trip etc but apparently new slots given out every 24 hrs and for local ones advised to wait till gp rings to chase you up then you will get a slot locally within 24 hrs so they are there? i realise what a massive undertaking this roll out is & im just taking first available regardless of travel ,

There's ups and downs to living in rural Rutland.
There's obviously not enough people to require a vaccination station.
I got my call up papers yesterday, I'm booked Monday evening.

the point is lee there are 2 stations one each at oakham. 3ms and uppingham 6ms and 6 miles away on the leicestershire border another one , i’m at the northampton station now it really is easy an industrial estate as i enter the city so no problems or traffic,

Reactions: Lee
I got a phone call just before 4pm yesterday by 4.16 I had had the vaccine. I was on a 'go to' list for when people didn't show up and they had spare vaccine. Absolutely chuffed to bits with that!
How do you get on "go to" list sue?

How do you get on "go to" list sue?
No idea, it was a surprise to me that such a thing existed. I do have underlying health conditions, not severe enough to have been self-isolating through all this but on the list on the omni COVID vaccine calculator. So I am assuming that is why!

NHS Lanarkshire posted on Thursday that all over 70 invitations had gone out. Nothing received by today's post, but the local facebook page gave information on how to find out when yours is and how to change it. Checked and found that mine was on 18/2 in Biggar. Now changed to Monday 8/2 at East Kilbride which is one of the big hubs. A day out to somewhere different!

Last edited:
Got some bad news for you younger ones. :eek:

From Roger on Fruitcakes.

May.png

Got a text last Saturday, went online could've gone the same day or Sunday but couldn't get there so I booked on the Monday, had the jab and they gave me my appoinment date for the second one. So no problems here in Shropshire 👍

Regards,
Del

But before June a large percentage of the population will have been jabbed - and that's the folk that make up 75% + of the death rates.

Also, if the vaccine reduces chance of transmission alongside - which they now seem to be saying does to some extent (70% for Astra Zeneca jab) - then the infection rates should hopefully have dropped right off by then, ergo chances of catching it reduce also.

Try and stop worrying! Keep safe and plodding along, we'll get there eventually (y)
I'm not worried about it, just chomping at the bit to get out, (same as most folks), and especially to cuddle the grandkids, missing them is the worst bit. Going from a visit a week to no more than 10 in a year with no cuddles. At least they're saying May now lol.

didn’t know how blessed i was at the time turned 70 last feb we were over in portugal for 3 months so i hired a large villa with pool near the sea half term week kids & grandkids came over when they left friends came to stay little knowing that was the only break most of us would have like york ie says missing the cuddles is the worst bit of this whole nightmare 🤞🤞

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back