Induction Hobs - The Future?

That’s exactly why I won’t use my 230V stuff this time of years I am 12 days into this session and only needed genny out once so far. I am usually put long spells and only in U.K. though unlike a lot of others. I reckon it will be March before I drag induction and air fryer out

Yep but at this rate am I'm getting a good return .derv £50 hab £0 it's starting payback.

Just got this little kettle from lakelands £30.00 120v % 240v 500ml at 1000w lovley. now don't have to wait for coffee when hob is doing it primarily job egg, bacon and sausage fried bread

We are not animal's ! Eggs have there own very small frying pan..
20240312_123007.jpg

Attachments

• 20240312_123030.jpg
    20240312_123030.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 16
Am I right in thinking , this is nearly 5 hours worth of driving to take back to 100% and that’s with my harvesting 1.25 kw of solar each day I’ve been parked up

View attachment 128286

I keep looking at 24v . I'm now looking at alternators 24v fitted to sprinter . Mr Will prows you tub 2024 said 48v but can't get 120v on top of van from solar

b2b are all left wanting I want 200amps an hour in Victron multi plus is 120ah

My fidge is 12 volts and so is fuse box. That's the time bomb.

Any one got / want to pay 2.5 grand for a 70 ltr domectic fridge and a victron dumb multi plus 2.4 K inverter both 1 year old ish And 12v victron B2B 30amps ish. Lol. I Could throw in Victron 100/30 solar Bluetooth controller. 3 grand fitted in your van, if you supplied wire, lugs and bus bars and fuses this month ?

Last edited:
OK, so as a question not a comment, what impact does all this high current drain have on the battery life span? How long would they be expected to last?
200 cycles for lead acid, 1300 for lead carbon, no little about lipo4 as never seen them here,& battery shops have never heard of them or lead carbon.

Just got this little kettle from lakelands £30.00 120v % 240v 500ml at 1000w lovley. now don't have to wait for coffee when hob is doing it primarily job egg, bacon and sausage fried bread

We are not animal's ! Eggs have there own very small frying pan..
View attachment 129073
Expensive, mine was £12 in a pound shop LOL.

200 cycles for lead acid, 1300 for lead carbon, no little about lipo4 as never seen them here,& battery shops have never heard of them or lead carbon.

Less if full time ! More if part time your choice ? your time or your moneys ! but you will invest in 1 my battery's are in van and been there since we all went to Kent last year ( lovely time had ) and only got 5 cycles on each of them. March 2024 but resets if total capacity is changed

so five full discharge and 4 full charged. 99% soon to be 5. took age's from solar only to recharge to 99% and fridge off since our 4 days and night away with air fryer, For our anniversary. Feb 2024
20240312_012413.jpg
20240312_012356.jpg
Screenshot_20240312_133315.jpg
20240312_012653.jpg

I keep looking at 24v . I'm now looking at alternators 24v fitted to sprinter . Mr Will prows you tub 2024 said 48v but can't get 120v on top of van from solar

b2b are all left wanting I want 200amps an hour in Victron multi plus is 120ah

My fidge is 12 volts and so is fuse box. That's the time bomb.

Any one got / want to pay 2.5 grand for a 70 ltr domectic fridge and a victron dumb multi plus 2.4 K inverter both 1 year old ish And 12v victron B2B 30amps ish. Lol. I Could throw in Victron 100/30 solar Bluetooth controller. 3 grand fitted in your van, if you supplied wire, lugs and bus bars and fuses this month ?
Have you had a read on the Sprinter Source (USA) forums?those guys are pushing 180a (and more) or so into their lifepo4 battery’s from their alternators. It’s isn’t just a split charge relay so you would have to read how they do it but you don’t need any blue kit 👍

Had my lifepo4 over 4 years now Trev and always had the Victron shunt connected and never reset. I am showing 89 cycles at present and I used to be considered a high power user lol

You want me to leave them you in my will :)

Have you had a read on the Sprinter Source (USA) forums?those guys are pushing 180a (and more) or so into their lifepo4 battery’s from their alternators. It’s isn’t just a split charge relay so you would have to read how they do it but you don’t need any blue kit 👍

Is that at 12v or 24v 180ah will be great at 30amps x 200 quid for victron not smart.unit. it's a must for winter 6 x power at the price of 2 b2b, plus a bit of metal

So 24 volt to fit on existing altanor belt ? Hum ! Can a 12 volt feed engage it ?

I like it already.

Screenshot_20240312_190300_Google.jpg

Im no culinary expert for sure when it comes to cooking at least but I always thought gas was best. Isn't it what most restaurants use?

I reckon our Amp hour usage must be absolutely miniscule compared to most on here. I just dont see why you would reinvent the wheel and go electric unless I am missing something. That said I can see the appeal of an absorption fridge but only from the point of view Gas ones (Well my ancient one) are not very reliable. Jets etc getting clogged up. I would fret about the amount of power its using though plus I would then have to invest in a shed more power, Lithium batteries, different controller and a new Gas Fridge is probably a lot less! :D
I think many restaurants use induction hobs as they are cheaper than leaving gas hobs on constantly and are far more controllable, at least the more up to date places do. If you look at the Great British Menu program you will see the kitchen is all induction.

Been using an induction hob at home for last 20 odd years. Great piece of kit. Bought a single one for the MH when we have EHU. It just stands on top of the glass of the Dometic one. You can boil more than one pan on it. SWMBO just places part of the pan over the ring. We paid £60 from Amazon.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back