How do you play music etc. in an old camper with just a basic radio/cassette?

Oi!!! there is one in my Kontiki from the last century! It also features one of those new fangled "CD Players" though!
My sharp man tune is even older and good sound, i detest presets as they dont work when out of zone.

The radio in my ultra modern Hyundai i10 actually has a round knob for tuning in the radio like out of the olden days. :D Pity the radio is total shite though. :(
I rememeber my g father hated radios in cars, said they were a distraction from driving, i dont use one on the move, b inlaws car when out in it is like a full blowen disco, takes a few days to recover when iv been out in it.

My sharp man tune is even older and good sound, i detest presets as they dont work when out of zone.
Not entirely true. Well over a decade ago there were already car radios that were capable of changing frequency to retune a station as one moved into the zone of a different transmitter.

I rememeber my g father hated radios in cars, said they were a distraction from driving, i dont use one on the move, b inlaws car when out in it is like a full blowen disco, takes a few days to recover when iv been out in it.
You would have hated the Uber taxi we got last Thursday night in Glasgow. It was actually a "Disco Taxi", complete with colour-changing flashing lights in the footwells, a karaoke microphone and illuminated ceiling :D

I still play them at home. Mostly because I bought hundreds of cheap knockoff cassettes in various Middle East countries. I usually bought the good ripoffs, the greedy Arabs wanted about 50 pence each for them. :mad:
Copy them to pendrive, lighter smaller and easy to keep in the van, use one of the plugins.

I had a similar issue with my 2018 Ducato. I was trying to play music from my phone to the cab speakers (either from music down loaded to my phone or streamed music/podcasts from Spotify.) Originally I used the Aux input to the stereo from the headphone jack on the phone which worked fine....then I got a new phone which has no headphone socket.....the assumption seems to be that everyone now listens to music via wireless headphones.

My solution was the cable linked earlier....USB-C to AUX x-over. This works a treat. The only downside is that this doesn't allow you to charge your phone and play music at the same time. It's one or the other. This is certainly the case with Android devices on the Ducato stereo. It seems to detect the gf's iPhone as an 'ipod' and can play music direct through the stereos USB input.

What I have yet to understand is why this stereo doesn't allow you to play music via Bluetooth audio from a phone given it allows you to take/make phone calls via Bluetooth.... clearly there's something I'm missing.

Sorry, I just looked at your dash photo, if there's no Aux in, then this will be no use. You didn't find one hidden in the glove box?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back