How do you play music etc. in an old camper with just a basic radio/cassette?

I can't use the speakers from the van without engine turned on, so we have a small Bluetooth speaker which hangs on a hook and has great sound and very long battery life.
Like this https://amzn.eu/d/j2FDyzC
Tried to read all through thread but if I missed a similar post...ignore me! :rolleyes:
Change the pos feed wire from radio to a live side of egn switch, you can fit a remote control inline so if in bed you can turn the radio of or on, handy.

• Funny
Reactions: REC
Change the pos feed wire from radio to a live side of egn switch, you can fit a remote control inline so if in bed you can turn the radio of or on, handy.
I can't mess with the electrics.:oops: Happy with the speaker. When we next have stuff done to it, will ask the garage. Not all handy at mechanics.

I can't use the speakers from the van without engine turned on, so we have a small Bluetooth speaker which hangs on a hook and has great sound and very long battery life.
Like this https://amzn.eu/d/j2FDyzC
Tried to read all through thread but if I missed a similar post...ignore me! :rolleyes:

I have similar Ruth.

I'm all for using rechargeable stuff in the van. We also use a rechargeable light with remote control if we get up during the night rather than the main lights. Oh and a rechargeable fan as well which is brilliant.

Or you could change to one of these, full monty and cheap as chips.
car radio.jpg

Trev, when you look at these things and post them up, do you even consider the type of conditions and pay the people assembling them are subject to?
Look at the prices and bearing in mind the sellers are going to want their profit, and similarly down the food chain, and the actual material costs, how much do the workers get do you think?
All too easy to just ignore :(

Trev, when you look at these things and post them up, do you even consider the type of conditions and pay the people assembling them are subject to?
Look at the prices and bearing in mind the sellers are going to want their profit, and similarly down the food chain, and the actual material costs, how much do the workers get do you think?
All too easy to just ignore :(

I must admit I hadn't considered that but will in future.

I expect the same could be said of many Chinese suppliers though. :(

I must admit I hadn't considered that but will in future.

I expect the same could be said of many Chinese suppliers though. :(
That is sadly true, but Temu is one outlet I doubt I will ever use regardless of how much of a 'bargain' its products may be.
Buy there and you may not be paying the real price, but some poor bastard certainly will be :cry:

That is sadly true, but Temu is one outlet I doubt I will ever use regardless of how much of a 'bargain' its products may be.
Buy there and you may not be paying the real price, but some poor bastard certainly will be :cry:

Which is why I have never, and will never, buy anything from Temu.

Some folk might say "so what?" one person isn't going to make a difference to modern-day slavery, but as you say, David, the point is about actually being aware of where all your super-cheap "stuff" comes from. That and having some sort of conscience in the first place - oh, and the ability to resist instant gratification, no matter how/where it comes from.

I can't say that I know much about this, but I expect that as increasingly more and more stuff is made in China then there is a danger that whatever we buy could involve child/forced labour, whether it be via Temu, AliExpress, Amazon, Ebay etc. etc.

Then there are Lithium batteries for 'phones or virtually everything else electrical including motorhomes, and whilst the companies claim to be clearing up their acts I suspect that there is a lot of covering up going on about the supply chains from what I have read in a quick Google scan.

So, we can either pay lip service and avoid companies like Temu whilst naively still supporting the offences or we can boycott Chinese (and others) imports altogether. It's a complete minefield and one that I can't see improving.

I can't say that I know much about this, but I expect that as increasingly more and more stuff is made in China then there is a danger that whatever we buy could involve child/forced labour, whether it be via Temu, AliExpress, Amazon, Ebay etc. etc.

Then there are Lithium batteries for 'phones or virtually everything else electrical including motorhomes, and whilst the companies claim to be clearing up their acts I suspect that there is a lot of covering up going on about the supply chains from what I have read in a quick Google scan.

So, we can either pay lip service and avoid companies like Temu whilst naively still supporting the offences or we can boycott Chinese (and others) imports altogether. It's a complete minefield and one that I can't see improving.

Having said all of that I don't see how you can avoid it!

I give up. Won't use Temu again though.

Having said all of that I don't see how you can avoid it!
It is virtually impossible isn't it.
You would think - or at least hope - the biggest brands would make a genuine effort to ensure a proper supply chain, but green takes over and it is too often just statements without any real concern behind them.

I give up. Won't use Temu again though.

When you buy from big outlets all is happening is some inbetweeners are getting there palms greased, so thats why i just go to the front and mis the middle men, sorry but almost impossable to stay away unless you want english hand made shoes at hundreds of pounds & parts for your van at very much higher prices.
I know its not right but we over the years have been pushed down this road by the i want brigade, and cheaper as well, im off to hide in a wardrobe now. :cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

As sad as it is the balance of economy is running against all our good intentions.

People simply can’t afford to make purchasing decisions based on what’s right and wrong, I don’t know the average age of people on this forum but I’m willing to bet it’s not in the 20’s

People starting out nowadays simply can’t buy their own homes, they live on finance and survive day to day, I agree with Wildbus, Ginge and even Rob (which I generally make a point of not doing) but I’m also a Landlord and a realist and I’m aware that like the above mentioned individuals my efforts simply have no global effect.

Every time you buy Apple products your contributing to the issue, not directly but indirectly Foxcomm is still out there, just a bigger smoke screen same with other global brands. Don’t for a moment think that Australia‘s anty slavery laws against Apple made one once of difference.

It would be interesting if anyone could conclusively prove how much of every £100 spent with Apple gets into the production workers pocket compared to the same £100 spent with Temu.

At the same time how many shares does the said M.P. Hold in Apple/Amazon/Microsoft and Temu.

When you buy from big outlets all is happening is some inbetweeners are getting there palms greased, so thats why i just go to the front and mis the middle men, sorry but almost impossable to stay away unless you want english hand made shoes at hundreds of pounds & parts for your van at very much higher prices.
I know its not right but we over the years have been pushed down this road by the i want brigade, and cheaper as well, im off to hide in a wardrobe now. :cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

There sure will be a lot of reselling going on Trev.

The juggernaut marches on!

yup, just buy the cheapest crap out there and knowingly sod the consequences to other human beings

there by the grace of god.

yup, just buy the cheapest crap out there and knowingly sod the consequences to other human beings

As i said price dont mater one bit, buy in big shops if you must, but they buy from bottom shelf as do almost all big firms, there is not an easy fix for this.
So how many on here have bought of ebay, own up or forever hold you peace.

Trouble is its almost impossible not to buy cheap crap now. Even the stuff that isnt cheap is often still crap. A few examples I Can think of. I have had two coats from Mountain Warehouse in the past two years. Neither were exactly cheap but both started to fall to bits, one within a year and one in just over a year. All no doubt made in some sweatshop in China. In the end after much wrangling and complaining I got my money back on the second one having exchanged the first one. Same goes for Michelles Walking boots. We both bought good pairs in the 90s from Keswick. Still going strong (Although mine never get used anymore). Michelle has had several different ones in recent years though just because they were lighter more comfy. None of them have lasted.

Same goes for tech. I Can remember when you could drop a computer or laptop down the stairs and it would bounce and probably fire up. Now they are flimsy as anything and nothing is built to last. Phones, you name it. Crap the lot of it and nearly all of it made in China but its almost impossible to avoid now.

Short of sanctions David, it won't stop that's for sure.

But I wouldn't knowingly now buy from a company with a Stonewall case against them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back