How do you play music etc. in an old camper with just a basic radio/cassette?

Android man myself, Apple is over-hyped and over-priced, they don't grow on trees you know
Android pure is ok but the spying big ears and data lifting cr-p on smart phones is not for me, you can buy a pure android ph with out google and built in spy bugs, cost you though.

I worshipped the 2.8i when it came out Neil but I don't think I ever owned a Ford or Vauxhall.
Lucky sod.
Only ever made one car that no snow got on the back window, i did try to distence myself but the ice cream won the day
me nana ford anglia.jpg

I loved my dad's 1600E which I learned to drive in Trev. He only ever had Fords and never a problem with any of them.

Smoothest gearboxes around back then.
Was a lot of craic about them but I preferred Vauxhalls as they were usually quicker :)

Was a lot of craic about them but I preferred Vauxhalls as they were usually quicker :)

I started with Triumph's Neil. First a Spitfire which I thought was the dogs 'nads at 17, then moved onto a 2.5PI - now that was quick for it's day.

Didn’t realise you were once a hairdresser, bet you had a TR6? 😂😂

I wish! (and I don't mean that I wish I was a hairdresser!) From the Triumph's I moved on to a Mini Estate (which I loved), then a Daimler Sovereign 4.2 - brilliant car and all of my mates were dead jealous. The rest of my cars have all been either French or German.

I would imagine @r4dent is an android man as well.

In fact, I bet he calls his 'phone 'Marvin'. :)

Android man through an through.

But calling your phone Marvin would just be silly! (did have my photo taken with Marvin at the BBC 25 year Dr Who event)

My previous laptop was named "Eddie" after the computer on Heart of Gold.

So the 20 year old VW T4 transporter cab on our old Autosleeper has a basic radio/cassette. It works fine and, amazingly, the speaker system in the cab is very good!

It has the usual cigarette lighter port which we use for charging phones etc. when driving with a basic USB ciggie lighter plug in adapter, but obviously there's no Bluetooth, wi-fi etc.

I understand you can get various adapters to make use of the cab speakers and play music, podcasts etc. via your phone, tablet etc.??

Anyone already doing this and, if so, any recommendations on what the best adapter(s) and set up might be?

All our gear is Apple (iPhone, iPad, Macbook laptop etc.).

Thanks!

Marie (6th decade Dinosaur! 🦖 😜 )

Depends how basic the radio is. These adapters broadcast a weak FM signal, if the radio has FM it will work. Make sure you get an adapter that accepts a jack plug.

Had a 2.8i, dog of a car, Now the RS1800 that was a brilliant piece of kit, wish I’d never sold it ☹️

I never got to drive one Kev but I was young and just wanted one.

I bet you wish you'd never sold the RS1800 though, worth a fortune now. A mate of mine does them up as Rally cars.

Had a 2.8i, dog of a car, Now the RS1800 that was a brilliant piece of kit, wish I’d never sold it ☹️
My mate got a brand new 2.8 X Pack was it called? The factory special order jobby. First day he got it I was round his place looking at it sat in his garage which was close to the house. He said just listen to it when I rev it, it shattered the garage windows and the house ones closest to it lol
Probably one of the reasons I am a bit deaf now ha ha

My wife used to sell cars at the local Ford main dealer.
They had a Brooklands Capri with the 2.8i engine.
One of the perks of her job is that I got to test drive (as a prospect not a husband) any of their cars .... except the Brooklands !
All the sales team where told to refuse my requests if she wasn't around.

She loved it and shed a small tear when someone sold it.

Her company car was a 1.6 Capri and I was allowed to drive that (as a husband) but it was gutless.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back