Hello from delicagirl

replace the memory stick with the memory card which goe into yout phone then you can play them on your phone if you use the memory card from a tablet then you can play them on the tablet or just tranfer directly to you phone or tablet

Hi Cal - I was over in Woodhead a couple of weeks back.. a beautiful place by day ... but it was very foggy so didn't see a lot from my Holme Moss overnight spot.

Thanks for advice re "poo" most entertaining..... and useful

kindle... I need to be able to write in books/make comments/retrieve quotes... are those things possible on kindle ?

Tesco - do any other supermarkets offer free wi-fi - I loathe Tesco and have not spent one penny in their stores or garages for more than 20 years.
Woodhead Pass, you're nearly in the badlands of Manchester/Leeds (both not recommended) I live in Rochdale and the only good points are the roads out.
About the Kindle, I got one of the earliest models out, I only read on mine so it does the job, don't know what the updated/modern ones can do ? They're way beyond mine.
Copying cds, all I did was put them in the laptop and copy+past into a folder and the gremlins did the rest (caught them on a good day) and copied them onto my phone. Now I don't carry anything other than my laptop/phone and headphones around,
And what have Tesco's done to you ? I think they're great, I have spent many happy moments dribbling/salivating over their deli counter, you're not a Waitrose snob are you ? Only kidding.
It's nice to meet someone who is as technically inept as I am in computer issues. Switch off,switch on, fixed, job done. It works for me.

many many thanks oldishhippy ... I watched the u-tube and I think I could do it - but not this late at night.

But let me be sure I understand what is happening..... ... I would be transferring music files from a music CD to a memory stick, then plugging the memory stick into the laptop and playing my music on the laptop ?

bw and thanks for your patience.... I am going to the new year bash.....

I knew you could do it! Most lap tops will read MP3 files that take up much less space on the stick.

I haven't done it yet.... had a manic day with work !!! sorry guys... I will get to it in due course.....

Well guys I'm sat in the pub with Delicious Girl what a delicious lady, good conversation and good company down boys.

Hi Delicagirl, Enjoy you stay on Wild Camping. Welcome. Pick your wording carefully when writing on here. We have some very sharp minded folk who would love to pull your leg on here. Your second paragraph, first 5 words is a killer for mature minds. hee, hee, hee. ☺☺☺

Oh dear, what kind of forum have I joined!?

Last edited:
Well guys I'm sat in the pub with Delicious Girl what a delicious lady, good conversation and good company down boys.

Come on CamperFanny, wot does my Delicious Girl look like? I am imagining Gina Lollobrigida, am I right, please put me out of my misery? I got you right when I imagined Vivien Leigh didn't I hunnybun.
And yes, you got me right when you imagined Kirk Douglas in Spartacus [except my nipples aren't quite so sticky outy].

Hi and welcome,

Best security for you is to take campervanannie or the mongoose, with you.:ninja::dance::dance:

Snowbirds.

Hi - I am delighted to have found this wonderful forum and joined up fully yesterday. I really had no plans at all to buy a camper - but one day I was very early for an appointment and so called into a dealer just to pass an hour. I got hooked !!! I live in Somerset and bought a Mitsubishi Delica JB500 late this summer. I am still repairing it, as I was sold a "pup" - but nevertheless I utterly love this van. I have been to the Lake District, Stratford Racecourse, Pennines and South Wales in it already and am planning a lot more adventures.

To be laid in a forest, watching the stars from my bed, and listening to the river next to me was utterly magical. The van has 4 wheel drive, and I have installed a double-battery solar-power system in it - so I am already preparing for those wild places.

Its been an enormously steep learning curve, but, I have fantastic neighbours who have been vanning for years, and I also found a great small business called CamperTec who do repairs and maintenance and he has been a huge help.

A question about security for single women on here - do you have any tips and hints when in isolated spots at night?
I'll drive in (so I don't have to reverse out), know where my keys are, close all blinds/curtains, always have a light to hand - anything else please ? Many thanks

Anyways I look forward to meeting up with some of you good folks at some stage.

Hi and welcome,

Best security for you is to take campervanannie or the mongoose, with you.:ninja::dance::dance:

Snowbirds.

now that I have actually met Campervan-annie- I get your drift !!!!!! what a great gal she is ... all power to you annie...

izwo - what do I look like ? - think thigh high black leather boots, skin tight yellow-banana-motif leggings, black/gold/bling top and dancing till my toes tingled..... I don't need an excuse to dance like a banshee..... lurve it :dance:

Last edited:
Come on CamperFanny, wot does my Delicious Girl look like? I am imagining Gina Lollobrigida, am I right, please put me out of my misery? I got you right when I imagined Vivien Leigh didn't I hunnybun.
And yes, you got me right when you imagined Kirk Douglas in Spartacus [except my nipples aren't quite so sticky outy].

Ok I will put you out of your missery I would say Grace Kelly meets Jane Fonda and a fab personality.

now that I have actually met Campervan-annie- I get your drift !!!!!! what a great gal she is ... all power to you annie...

izwo - what do I look like ? - think thigh high black leather boots, skin tight yellow-banana-motif leggings, black/gold/bling top and dancing till my toes tingled..... I don't need an excuse to dance like a banshee..... lurve it :dance:

Oh bloody hell, thats too much to take, it ain't my toes that are a tingling I can tell you.:heart::heart::heart:

When you are young, you think about dates.

When you are old, you think about prunes!

Really starting to get worked about this forum.... have I misinterpreted what 'wild camping' is all about??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back