Hello from delicagirl

delicagirl

Hi - I am delighted to have found this wonderful forum and joined up fully yesterday. I really had no plans at all to buy a camper - but one day I was very early for an appointment and so called into a dealer just to pass an hour. I got hooked !!! I live in Somerset and bought a Mitsubishi Delica JB500 late this summer. I am still repairing it, as I was sold a "pup" - but nevertheless I utterly love this van. I have been to the Lake District, Stratford Racecourse, Pennines and South Wales in it already and am planning a lot more adventures.

To be laid in a forest, watching the stars from my bed, and listening to the river next to me was utterly magical. The van has 4 wheel drive, and I have installed a double-battery solar-power system in it - so I am already preparing for those wild places.

Its been an enormously steep learning curve, but, I have fantastic neighbours who have been vanning for years, and I also found a great small business called CamperTec who do repairs and maintenance and he has been a huge help.

A question about security for single women on here - do you have any tips and hints when in isolated spots at night?
I'll drive in (so I don't have to reverse out), know where my keys are, close all blinds/curtains, always have a light to hand - anything else please ? Many thanks

Anyways I look forward to meeting up with some of you good folks at some stage.

Someone posted a while ago to put a dogs water bowl next to your camper, it sounds daft at first but I doubt anyone would come near your van.

Welcome to the site, I love the Delica, check out a guy on here called Kamil, you will be amazed at where he has been in his. To say he's been round the world in it is an understatement, you said you'd been to the Stratford race course, was that to the "Overlander" show, we were there too if thats the case.!

jt

Welcome to the site, I love the Delica, check out a guy on here called Kamil, you will be amazed at where he has been in his. To say he's been round the world in it is an understatement, you said you'd been to the Stratford race course, was that to the "Overlander" show, we were there too if thats the case.!

jt

Thanks I will find Kamil and read up on his adventures. Yes I did attend the Overlander - along with another Delica owner I met along the way.

Hi - I am delighted to have found this wonderful forum and joined up fully yesterday. I really had no plans at all to buy a camper - but one day I was very early for an appointment and so called into a dealer just to pass an hour. I got hooked !!! I live in Somerset and bought a Mitsubishi Delica JB500 late this summer. I am still repairing it, as I was sold a "pup" - but nevertheless I utterly love this van. I have been to the Lake District, Stratford Racecourse, Pennines and South Wales in it already and am planning a lot more adventures.

To be laid in a forest, watching the stars from my bed, and listening to the river next to me was utterly magical. The van has 4 wheel drive, and I have installed a double-battery solar-power system in it - so I am already preparing for those wild places.

Its been an enormously steep learning curve, but, I have fantastic neighbours who have been vanning for years, and I also found a great small business called CamperTec who do repairs and maintenance and he has been a huge help.

A question about security for single women on here - do you have any tips and hints when in isolated spots at night?
I'll drive in (so I don't have to reverse out), know where my keys are, close all blinds/curtains, always have a light to hand - anything else please ? Many thanks

Anyways I look forward to meeting up with some of you good folks at some stage.

Hi Delicagirl, Enjoy you stay on Wild Camping. Welcome. Pick your wording carefully when writing on here. We have some very sharp minded folk who would love to pull your leg on here. Your second paragraph, first 5 words is a killer for mature minds. hee, hee, hee. ☺☺☺

Hi Delicagirl, Enjoy you stay on Wild Camping. Welcome. Pick your wording carefully when writing on here. We have some very sharp minded folk who would love to pull your leg on here. Your second paragraph, first 5 words is a killer for mature minds. hee, hee, hee. ☺☺☺

Shamefully that was about the only bit of the post that I took in. :)

Hi And welcome from me.:wave: My extra large dog water bowl normally stays inside as does my Great Dane, so I am fairly laid back about things and leave the worrying to her!

Hi and welcome to the forum, have fun

:welcome::camper::have fun::cheers::drive:

I did actually have a chat with the Delica mob at the "Overlander", spoke to guy who'd raised or is the word lifted his by about 10", a few knew of Kamil and his adventures. Would have one in a heart beat if we didn't have what we have now.!

jt

hi and welcome i see you is in zummerset welcome you on about security being a single woman iam single fella i need security there are some scary women out there so ihave been told enjoy your stay here it does help to be a nutty and enjoy the fun

I think I am going to enjoy being here - due to everyone giving me such a warm welcome already. :wave:

Hi and welcome to this great site, some very knowledgable people on here if you have and problems. Only security always know where you are in case you need help, ideally with map grid ref points which several apps will give you once your stopped.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back