Hello from delicagirl

Welcome.

Like you I'm on my own and fairly new to w/camping but so far it's been great. I'm on my 9th night going around Scotland. Cold but fantastic views and no traffic. Just make sure you have a good heating system for winter as it would be unbearable without. Download the POI's onto a sat nav, they've been a great help to me. I tend to look for CR car park rural or OR other rural as they're well out of the way, brill so far.I'm at a small place tonight called Evanton, it's the first night I've had wifi and it's the middle of nowhere. Good luck, cal.

Welcome

Hi and welcome I'm female have a partner but often out on my own just use you instincts if you don't feel comfy about a place move on. Now where exactly is this forest. :lol-049::lol-049: and do they charge.:rolleyes2:

Hi and welcome I'm female have a partner but often out on my own just use you instincts if you don't feel comfy about a place move on. Now where exactly is this forest. :lol-049::lol-049: and do they charge.:rolleyes2:

Cwm Carn in south wales - its a small proper site owned by the Forestry Commission but in a lovely valley, with great facilities, good food in the cafe and cheap prices too. Fabulous walks. It was my first trip and I had to go there to suss out the van because I was having so many problems with it and didn't want dead batteries etc in the middle of nowhere. The Forest Ranger was rather tasty!! :rolleyes2:

Well that one backfired. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-061::lol-061::lol-061::lol-061:

Like you I'm on my own and fairly new to w/camping but so far it's been great. I'm on my 9th night going around Scotland. Cold but fantastic views and no traffic. Just make sure you have a good heating system for winter as it would be unbearable without. Download the POI's onto a sat nav, they've been a great help to me. I tend to look for CR car park rural or OR other rural as they're well out of the way, brill so far.I'm at a small place tonight called Evanton, it's the first night I've had wifi and it's the middle of nowhere. Good luck, cal.

Thanks Cal..... i have a great gas fire in my van... its REALLY toasty.. but there are some draughts to deal with. I have not yet investigated POI or transfer to sat nat... i don't have an "app" phone - just an ancient heavy-duty old nokia with no www. access...... do you think i should get a new phone for all the information i may need whilst out and about ?

i do have a new garmin sat nav - but wouldn't know how to download onto it..... i am pretty non-techie... but since i am self employed maybe i need to upgrade my equipment, as decisions still need making when i am away from home/office.

I found I had to get a second phone as the phone signal can be pretty useless when out in the sticks. I have orange on my old phone and pay as you go on Tesco. Neither are brilliant but having the two choices does make it easier. I

think you can get phones with alternate sim cards now, which might be good as well. I also have a Huawai (sp) mifi on EE. Even then between the three of them I am sometimes completely without contact, which when you are in the middle of nowhere can be worrying/annoying. In Scotland / Outer Hebrides / Malvern / etc :lol-049:

Hi Delicagirl,

If you don't feel safe move. Always park so you can drive off in a hurry. A jab with child's rounders bat should sort anything else and it may make you feel safer to hold it.

Enjoy your van and the site

Richard

First 5 words made me laugh out loud...,.

Which is normally reserved for watching The Inbetweeners, childish but funny!

Hi and welcome! :wave:

I recommend getting the dog to go with the big dog water bowl. Makes me feel safer, even if he is getting on a bit now. Jazz at Tackeroo 2 - June 2010.jpg

Thanks to all of you good folks who have welcomed me and chatted to me today - you wont see me for a while as i am off for several days for work. But., I'll be back...... :)

Thanks Cal..... i have a great gas fire in my van... its REALLY toasty.. but there are some draughts to deal with. I have not yet investigated POI or transfer to sat nat... i don't have an "app" phone - just an ancient heavy-duty old nokia with no www. access...... do you think i should get a new phone for all the information i may need whilst out and about ?

i do have a new garmin sat nav - but wouldn't know how to download onto it..... i am pretty non-techie... but since i am self employed maybe i need to upgrade my equipment, as decisions still need making when i am away from home/office.

we;; if you want a android phone have a spare it was given to me by member on here just need usb lead to plug it to charg and more than willing to pass it on it bit old but works think it unlocked just passing it on it helped me out

Welcome to the forum.
and just for your info, there is LOT's o forests up here in Scotland :) :lol-053:

Alan & Dug

we;; if you want a android phone have a spare it was given to me by member on here just need usb lead to plug it to charg and more than willing to pass it on it bit old but works think it unlocked just passing it on it helped me out

Gosh - thank you very much indeed... that is exceptionally kind of you......:) Is it possible to get someone to transfer all my contacts into a new phone ?

I am off to Lancashire today for several days and will get in touch when I return as we don't live that far away from each other. . Thank you again

Welcome to the forum.
and just for your info, there is LOT's o forests up here in Scotland :) :lol-053:

Alan & Dug

it's my plan to come up to Scotland when I am on uni. vacation in the spring/summer of next year. Am I right in thinking there is a lot of wildlife in forests - shags maybe ? lol !!

it's my plan to come up to Scotland when I am on uni. vacation in the spring/summer of next year. Am I right in thinking there is a lot of wildlife in forests - shags maybe ? lol !!

yes I believe there is lots of Stags up in our lovely woodland, but I would say, even in the spring its a bit Nippy so you need someone to keep you warm................I am sure I could do my bit to help out ;)

Alan & Dug

Now I know how to get attention on this forum.:eek:

Nice to see someone getting nice attention & no squabbling. No mention of beer yet though?

Welcome to the forum.

If you are up for it, you can have as many shags as you want. Told you girl, watch what you write or you will get yourself in big trouble one of these days ☺☺☺ Enjoy Scotland when you get there. I have done the Highlands often. Best places and fantastic views in all of the UK. ☺☺☺

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back