getting a bit bloody close !

I complained to the customer services in Sainsburys when I witnessed an employee come out of a toilet cubicle and didn't wash his hands, the assistant on there said "don't worry, he doesn't handle the food he is just collecting the trolleys, I pointed out that he touched both toilet doors as he exited and then was collecting trolleys touching the handles, it was lost on her:mad::mad::mad::mad:

An interesting website, with lots of statistics. I must say, looking through this, I'm more worried about grandchildren than now. The world population increased more than 4 fold in the last 100 years, from about 1.8 billion to nearly 7.8 billion now. If this happens again in the next 100 years, we have a potential global population of 32 billion by 2120. Can the world sustain such an increase, feed them, house them, etc., etc., and will there be enough oxygen? With forestry being destroyed at 10 hectares a minute (19 football pitches a minute) day in day out, it seems unlikely.

There is also an excellent breakdown of the corona virus by country.

www.worldometers.info

An interesting website, with lots of statistics. I must say, looking through this, I'm more worried about grandchildren than now. The world population increased more than 4 fold in the last 100 years, from about 1.8 billion to nearly 7.8 billion now. If this happens again in the next 100 years, we have a potential global population of 32 billion by 2120. Can the world sustain such an increase, feed them, house them, etc., etc., and will there be enough oxygen? With forestry being destroyed at 10 hectares a minute (19 football pitches a minute) day in day out, it seems unlikely.

www.worldometers.info
Compulsary snip after one child. :eek:

www.worldometers.info

We did our best then....

No kids and no grandchildren... (we had dogs instead lol)

I complained to the customer services in Sainsburys when I witnessed an employee come out of a toilet cubicle and didn't wash his hands, the assistant on there said "don't worry, he doesn't handle the food he is just collecting the trolleys, I pointed out that he touched both toilet doors as he exited and then was collecting trolleys touching the handles, it was lost on her:mad::mad::mad::mad:

You should have said you want to make it it an official complaint. They would have then had to have a meeting about it and decide on a course of action.

I complained to the customer services in Sainsburys when I witnessed an employee come out of a toilet cubicle and didn't wash his hands,
But I expect he done it before he went in after handling all those trolleys after everyone else :LOL:

You should have said you want to make it it an official complaint. They would have then had to have a meeting about it and decide on a course of action.
I did, I asked to see the manager and told him my concerns, he agreed and said he would look into it, however he didn't ask me for my name, number, email address or anything so as he couldn't update me I wrote to mike.coupe@sainsburys.co.uk, the CEO of Sainsburys, https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9117&c=Sainsbury's-Chief Executive ,I have received a few updates from his assistant, it makes you wonder how much it happens though.
We wash all our veg in a mild solution of Milton as soon as we are home, it also makes it stay fresh longer

I predict bog roll theft will rise.

The reason for bog roll is now apparent.

Corona-Toilet-Paper.jpg

As everybody knows I am a gentle mild mannered kindly and modest soul.

But one thing that really, and I mean really lights my fire are the selfish unthinking morons in Lidl, or other supermarkets,
who use their hands to get the fresh baked rolls from the containers when tongs are available.

I saw a woman doing it last week and I almost started WW3 over it.

In the current climate If you did it in Italy, you would be lynched, in Germany shot and in Russia, simply disappear, Here they get a disapproving look from the shop assistant.

Dezi whinging old git :mad:
I'd rather have my hands on my rolls than a pair of filthy tongs, tarnished and as bigoted as some of their handlers.......I carefully avoid contamination by placing my hand in a bag, grab a roll or whatever and then get a passer by to put sterile gloves on and then pull the bag over the roll whilst we both stop breathing. I use sign language'cos heaven forbid, I could be engaging with a Johnny foreigner!! That poor woman in Lidl was my aunty and the anti-tank missiles are heading your way! LOveryL
I'm sure that every barrel has some crappy apples and they are all flammable.

Neil did some shopping this morning.
Local Asda shelves bereft of loo rolls (not that we need any, he was just checking the state of play out of curiosity).

Other than that the rest of the place was like the Marie Celeste and he tells me there was hardly anyone in the local Lidl either.

Anyone see the lunchtime news today, interview with loo roll manufacturer? There is not a shortage, they are producing away as per normal.
It's just idiots panic buying that have caused the problem.

Every manufacturing process needs lead time, so if, as yer man said, 64 million rolls have suddenly sold instead of the usual 24 million, it takes a week or two to get supplies out and shelves re-stocked.

Local Asda shelves bereft of loo rolls (not that we need any, he was just checking the state of play out of curiosity).

Other than that the rest of the place was like the Marie Celeste and he tells me there was hardly anyone in the local Lidl either.

Anyone see the lunchtime news today, interview with loo roll manufacturer? There is not a shortage, they are producing away as per normal.

Every manufacturing process needs lead time, so if, as yer man said, 64 million rolls have suddenly sold instead of the usual 24 million, it takes a week or two to get supplies out and shelves re-stocked.

At local Sainsbury's, no pasta, hardly any rice, no loo rolls, no paper kitchen towels, hardly any tissues, hardly any tinned veg, no sanitiser, hardly any bleach or disinfectant. WTF is up with people?

Thank god there was still some Preparation H left, my backside been itchy as hell. :LOL: Oh, and I got the fleecy top I went in for and it had gone to half price.

All in all, I'm relieved, warm and pleased!

Went to Tesco this morning for a few bits and bobs including loo roll as only 2 left in house and 1 in motorhome.
Normally buy the quilted posh type for house and cheapo thin rolls for motorhome as I've found it breaks down easier in the cassette.
Loo roll shelves virtually empty, no thin cheapo type and only 24 packs of the expensive quilted type so bought a pack of those.
Check out girl said people have been going crazy buying loo rolls, kitchen towel, tissues and paracetamols etc, bloody idiots.
Transgressing my daughter is getting married in the Canaries 4th April so panicking is an understatement !
Its me that should be panicking with my dodgy heart !
She informs me the actual wedding isn’t insured the bloody fool so god knows what will happen if things get worse as expected.
What makes matters worse it’s my money 😩😩😩

Went shopping in our local Lidls on Monday and most things were available though the shelves were a bit light on paper products, The only thing noticeable by its absence was handwash, though i found some near the tills. Ouldn't have been a problem if i hadn't found any, just put washing up liquid in my dispenser.
Don't know if it's anything to do with scarcity of paper products, but i've noticed loads of puppy pads advertised on faceache. :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back