getting a bit bloody close !

The van driver who handles your goods could pas it to you when you carry them in,no win situation.

Simples. Carry them in wearing gloves, then wipe them down with disinfectant wipes and disinfect the gloves.

AC399A93-DAC6-4B90-8563-C76D41BC5BCB.jpeg

The van driver who handles your goods could pas it to you when you carry them in,no win situation.

I wasn't referring to home delivery but click and collect.

Hand washing after unpacking the items in either scenario will however minimise exposure. Disposable gloves are another option.

Not going into a supermarket and mixing with other shoppers has to be a plus ...

So here is the biginnings of a plan.When the virus gets really close, self isolation for campervanning oldies,
rolleyes.gif

Take your camper to a remote place for a holiday, perhaps best in the UK say mid Wales or The Scottish highlands, and close enough to get home if you catch it: keep away from people, cook in your camper, when you need shopping shop online at say Asda or Tesco, either click and collect or home delivery to a place where you can park safely outside an address sample imaginary address "the camper outside no 1 plague cottage Eyam postcode" to wait for the delivery. The 2nd option may or may not work, but my guess is it will. Self service pay at pump for fuel and lpg, fill at unfrequented hours, water from a public tap or spring. Wash your hands after, perhaps wear a mask at these times. Your camper needs to be self sufficient for electric.
Now I know if you are fit enough to do this even when old , you may well survive the pneumonia anyway but if you like remote places it is a holiday, even if as predicted this may happen in April.

I'm just gonna take my boat into the middle of Windermere with a few tins of Spam and beans and a fishing rod for a few months.

Sorted.

Up a forestry road in Argyllshire with a chainsaw cut a couple of trees behind you to block the rd baseball bat to ward of the coronees enough food for about six weeks a few snares fishing rod And my 500 rolls of toilet paper😖 Can You tell I’ve actually put some thought into this.🤔😜

Last edited:
Been away for 4 nights and found my perfect place away from the unclean, didn't see a soul, barely heard anything man made and it is in England.

I will post on poi when the virus is over and done with.

One big problem with the food delivery option for all you preppers,- all the drivers will be at home self isolating or dead!

F—k it i’ve fought off worse than corona i’m not hiding now. If I am wrong and it kills me feel free to say “not so clever now are you”. I will just take reasonable precautions.;)

The whole of Lombardy has been put on immediate lockdown along with several other regions until 3 april.
Areas covered by the decree, including towns in the northern regions of Emilia-Romagna, Veneto and Piedmont,
schools will be closed, museums, gyms and swimming pools will be also shut and leave is cancelled for all healthcare workers.

My niece and her family are confirned to San Combano al Lambro.

Basically its a swathe across nothern Italy from Milan to Venice.

Dezi

Looks bleak for many and the way China reacted should have been replicated everywhere else, as in Taiwan. Not cost effective in the capitalist sense alas, hence delays in limiting mass groupings and contact like work and education. Italy could be responding the right way maybe but too late possibly, most likely other infected hot spots will follow suit. Unknowns rife, numbers abound, spikes predicted, economy tumbles '08 style, oil prices crash as Russia( and Saudi Arabia) tries to put US shale industry out of business and Harry is not a prince anymore. The latter being most important for some and the rest being worthy of serious consideration for many. Who knows what's around the corner, keep washing your hands and DONT touch your face and fingers crossed the germs will pass you by........
Good luck all and roll on summer.

Simples. Carry them in wearing gloves, then wipe them down with disinfectant wipes and disinfect the gloves.
And remember not to breath in when talking to him,or hold a glass catch sheet in front of your face. 😂

Fact is folk here dont seem to care,never wash there hands after the loo,handle the trollies in tesco/asda and even putting the hands in the pick & mix sweet boxes,dirty lot the irish. ;)

Fact is folk here dont seem to care,never wash there hands after the loo,handle the trollies in tesco/asda and even putting the hands in the pick & mix sweet boxes,dirty lot the irish. ;)

What make you think it's only the Irish, Trev?! The lot over here are just as mucky - the men that is 😉

Having said that, it's often the case with public loos the ladies are in a much more disgraceful state than the mens! :)

As everybody knows I am a gentle mild mannered kindly and modest soul.

But one thing that really, and I mean really lights my fire are the selfish unthinking morons in Lidl, or other supermarkets,
who use their hands to get the fresh baked rolls from the containers when tongs are available.

I saw a woman doing it last week and I almost started WW3 over it.

In the current climate If you did it in Italy, you would be lynched, in Germany shot and in Russia, simply disappear, Here they get a disapproving look from the shop assistant.

Dezi whinging old git :mad:

As everybody knows I am a gentle mild mannered kindly and modest soul.

But one thing that really, and I mean really lights my fire are the selfish unthinking morons in Lidl, or other supermarkets,
who use their hands to get the fresh baked rolls from the containers when tongs are available.

I saw a woman doing it last week and I almost started WW3 over it.

In the current climate If you did it in Italy, you would be lynched, in Germany shot and in Russia, simply disappear, Here they get a disapproving look from the shop assistant.

Dezi whinging old git :mad:

Even worse when you see the dirty barstewards at it just after they have used the loo and not bothered to wash their hands - and not just after peeing either.😡

Can only speak for the blokes, is it the same with women too?

For this reason alone we don't buy any food uncovered that can't be washed or peeled.

EDIT: Just spotted Trevs and Maries post DOH.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back