getting a bit bloody close !

Went shopping in our local Lidls on Monday and most things were available though the shelves were a bit light on paper products, The only thing noticeable by its absence was handwash, though i found some near the tills. Ouldn't have been a problem if i hadn't found any, just put washing up liquid in my dispenser.
Don't know if it's anything to do with scarcity of paper products, but i've noticed loads of puppy pads advertised on faceache. :D

Never heard of those before, had to look up.

Diapers for dogs, yup, I get it... 🤣 😂 😆

Went to Tesco this morning for a few bits and bobs including loo roll as only 2 left in house and 1 in motorhome.
Normally buy the quilted posh type for house and cheapo thin rolls for motorhome as I've found it breaks down easier in the cassette.
Loo roll shelves virtually empty, no thin cheapo type and only 24 packs of the expensive quilted type so bought a pack of those.

This bloke knows where the Loo rolls are (courtesy of Fruitcake Roger).

Where are the bog rolls Arnie?

Aisle B, back

Arnie.jpg

Well you think stockpiling toilet paper was a strange fad I’m gonna start a new one I’m off to the paint shop tomorrow gonna stock up on six big tins of emulsion paint and a few tins of gloss coz if I get stuck in this hoos for a few weeks at least the painting will look good.

Ok Terry I’ll meet you at auchanshoogle you’re second in command. Think that’s enough men in our colony let’s try and recruit a couple hundred woman Don’t worry we’ll spit them evenly 70 30 in my favour. Here I’m beginning to like this I’ve turned into a dictator already.

Here’s another point of this Coronavirus in a town like plokton where they don’t like Motorhomes after they’ve had no tourists for a couple of months. when they see a motorhome coming down the rd they’ll throw a street party wae the bunting a marching band and the mare out to greet you wae the keys to the town. Bet These wee stuck up towns will take our money this year.

When there was a problem my old gran bought in loaves of bread,new age folk now buy bog roll,dont times change. 😂 😂 😂

I just can't understand why how much can you use. I had a tool station catalogue in post today so will put that to one side just the right size pages
Or if all else fails then strip of and go through a car wash,im sure the big brushes will clean all .

Wully, I was thinking of self isolating somewhere on the west coast, we could start the first Coronavirus colony, you can be oor leader. 😷
That’s where I’m heading next Wednesday for a week. May stay there if things go as expected then I can avoid human contact apart from stocking up on supplies. Lol !

Well you think stockpiling toilet paper was a strange fad I’m gonna start a new one I’m off to the paint shop tomorrow gonna stock up on six big tins of emulsion paint and a few tins of gloss coz if I get stuck in this hoos for a few weeks at least the painting will look good.
Very funny but not unique, the virus which I caught before Xmas (15 weeks ago and still can't shake it) has left me stuck at home, all decorating equipment from Amazon or Screwfix with free delivery, done the bathroom and almost finished the spare bedroom, hoping to start our bedroom next week but I am starting Clinical Trials on the 24th for a new drug for people with Coronary Heart Disease, not sure if this will still go ahead if I am still suffering though.
Every room we decorate makes the next one look shabby, when it is all finished we will have to paint the neighbours house :ROFLMAO:

Currently in central Portugal, in our barn in middle of nowhere. Delivery vans bring bread daily, groceries, fish, agriculture stuff, freezer food on a weekly basis and will leave the order at the top of our land if we leave a note. Got our own water supply, fresh veg, wine, and olive oil, given regularly by neighbours who are 150m + away. When we thought about it, we are already pretty self isolated ;), by accident! Not due back in UK till end April and may reconsider that if it seems easier to be here than drive back through Spain and France.....Not high risk ourselves but have elderly mums who are, and why risk spreading it? See how it goes....loads of loo rolls on special offer here (32 for euro3.49!!)

As always in times of emergency the guardian newspaper has its finger on the button, and elsewhere,
and comes up with the real concerns of the average man in the street.

If your gonna go, go with a smile.

Dezi

Hi there. I'm posting from New Zealand - I've just checked the latest news feed in NZ and no cases here yet :) I think the previous person was referring to two New Zealander's who were on the cruise ship that was quarantined in Japan who have it. They're still in Japan. Fingers crossed it doesn't come here - but I think it's inevitable unfortunately. We've recently paid a deposit on a motorhome in the UK, with planned arrival in May and travel in Europe for four months till Sept - but are now wondering whether it's the wise thing to do. Will watch the situation with interest over the next few weeks.

look on this map I think there are cases in New Zealand
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...3&ll=51.272436481153555,8.478065907097516&z=5

As always in times of emergency the guardian newspaper has its finger on the button, and elsewhere,
and comes up with the real concerns of the average man in the street.

If your gonna go, go with a smile.

Dezi

Just a little South of LA at present, sure we’ll find something else to do this weekend 😀

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back