Fuel Price

The mobile crane that I drive runs on red diesel:eek:, 50 pence a litre,

and it's on the road more than on site.:confused:

te mix we use is 50/50 thats new cooking oil from makro at 70p a litre and kerosene(heating oil) at 40 pence a litre-working out at 55p total.

Correct me if I am wrong but I have always been under the impression that Kerosene is the American name for Parrafin, and that kerosene is also the fuel that is used in Jet Engines, I have also always been led to believe that Heating oil is Diesel without the additives used in Derv, and as such could be used neat if you dared to.
Tone

to get back to the origional reason for this thread
"how can we beat fuel price increases"
the truthful answer is "we cant"
so the answer may be
"be an ostrich"
bury your head in the sand
and when buying fuel, always buy 40 quids worth
then whether fuel is cheap or expensive
it still costs 40 quid
dont think about how far you can travel on it
if it worries you, then dont travel so far.

fuel prices can only continue to rise, until tesco and asda
buy some oilfields, a fleet of tankers, and an oil refinery
and believe me that day will come

then the oil giants will have something to worry about!

The mobile crane that I drive runs on red diesel:eek:, 50 pence a litre,

and it's on the road more than on site.:confused:

Use to have a canal boat ran on red diesel but deregation expires, not sure if it is this year! There will be a few boat owners on the rampage when they have been used to paying 50/60p suddenly paying 1.07 +.:D

Don

PS never been one to bury my head in the sand.:rolleyes:

Kerosene

Correct me if I am wrong but I have always been under the impression that Kerosene is the American name for Parrafin, and that kerosene is also the fuel that is used in Jet Engines, I have also always been led to believe that Heating oil is Diesel without the additives used in Derv, and as such could be used neat if you dared to.
Tone

Jet engines use Avtur (i.e. turbines) as opposed to petrol powered aeroplanes which use Avgas (gasoline). You can certainly use Avtur in your oil central heating boiler, and this and heating oil in any other paraffin type appliance although it isn't quite as clean burning as paraffin. My heating oil delivery driver tells me he has used heating oil in his Range Rover? for years although he has used a small amount of additive ( can't remember what?)

Of interest, Avgas is like the old leaded fuel but of a much higher octane, used by the aviation industry and classis motorcycle road racers ( providing you can get an airfield to sell you some.

I'm all for saving a few bob,this bio mix really as reliable and easy as this and will my 10,000mile 1.9tdi suffer no long term effects!!!

HI, GESS
quick answer to your question is "I dont no"
but welcome to the site
hope you enjoy the wealth of information
you can gather here

bedtime stories

HI, GESS
quick answer to your question is "I dont no"
but welcome to the site
hope you enjoy the wealth of information
you can gather here

What's your reason for being up this late? I've got to pick friends up from Gatwick at about 0130!

my reason for being up this late
"i'm retired, time is irrelivent"
freedom is not working
:D :D :D

if I am passing and I see cheaper derv then I top up I am also registered with www.petrolprices.com who update by e-mail. Hope I haven't upset anyone but I stand by my beliefs always.........hope I am still here tomorrow. Regards, Rick.

Try this then, a quote from this site, "Your search for Tarbert found 2 petrol stations within 10 miles.
Including your 2 closest stations: Harris Garage Co Ltd (National), and Ardhasaig Filling Station (Gleaner).
Unleaded Diesel LRP Super LPG see the cheapest stations
The Highest price in this area: 112.8p 118.6p n/a n/a n/a
The Average price in this area: 112.8p 118.6p n/a n/a n/a
The Lowest price in this area: 112.8p 118.6p n/a n/a n/a "

This is what we are charged in an area where a car is essential and where people starting work may have to drive a round trip of 60 miles a day on wages much lower than down south.
Some of us live here to maintain vital services, I had an urgent call last week which involved a round trip of 124 miles - do I say to them, "well you chose to work here, but it's too expensive to come to you"? Fine for the cycle and minimum use of car lobby, but what do they expect when they come here on holiday?
Obviously hotels, guesthouses, shops, garages,ferries and all the things they need and people living here to provide those services.

Excuse me for butting in here,but this thread has gone from protesting at the price of fuel,to bio diesel mixes....:).

On the original subject...it's not the fuel producers / suppliers that have caused the price to go through the roof,but the damned government,with all their *taxes* cough..splutter !! Aaaarghhh!!

If you wanna protest,it should be against the government !!

Oh and hello everyone ! ( I'm new here) ;)

Excuse me for butting in here,but this thread has gone from protesting at the price of fuel,to bio diesel mixes....:).

On the original subject...it's not the fuel producers / suppliers that have caused the price to go through the roof,but the damned government,with all their *taxes* cough..splutter !! Aaaarghhh!!

HELLO ENJOY THIS SITE ITS GOOD :D seems like you will fit in here a treat as you like a good ole debate

Hi and welcome. Yes you are spot on, But if we preasure the the big producers, (in any manner that you can think of) then the producers will put preasure on Government ?:confused:

At least thats the way an old Fxxt like me sees it.

any way, WELCOME.:D

Don

Hi and welcome. Yes you are spot on, But if we preasure the the big producers, (in any manner that you can think of) then the producers will put preasure on Government ?:confused:

At least thats the way an old Fxxt like me sees it.

any way, WELCOME.:D

Don

If all the haulage companies can't be bothered to stick together and bring the roads to a halt and no goods in the shops,:eek: what chance have we got????:D
None, :rolleyes: so I for one won't be bothering as not worth the hassle and my time:p
So now I supose everyone will say I am wrong, but that is my opinion:D

I agree with you Graham, the ordinary punter has no chance of changing things.
I previously posted about buying £50 worth of diesel and then someone posted about paying £3000 for fuel that month. So I reckon those lads (and lassies) who pay that amount have a lot more clout than I have.

Look at the last time there was a "backlash" against fuel prices, it was the "truckers" who made a difference.

I previously posted about buying £50 worth of diesel and then someone posted about paying £3000 for fuel that month. So I reckon those lads (and lassies) who pay that amount have a lot more clout than I have.

Look at the last time there was a "backlash" against fuel prices, it was the "truckers" who made a difference.

It was me that posted that I used £3000 of fuel last month and the company couldn't give a damn:eek::D

So as you see New Rover we agree with your last sentence including *****.
As someone said to me, Set an amount you can afford and stick to it, and as the price goes up, so you do less milage.:rolleyes:
i ask you where is the sense in that.
As I have said on many occasions, thier will always be those who sit back and let the few do the dirty work, then sit back and reap the benefits.:mad:

Such as life

Don

And that is EXACTLY what I am trying to say.

Nobody takes a blind bit of notice what the average driver says or does.

I don't want to sit back and let others do the dirty work for me so that I can reap any benefits.

I will gladly join ANY protest if I am asked.

Just imagine

Just imagine the fuel bill for M & S or Tesco or similar.
Lets be consevative and say 10 distribution depots with say 40 trucks in each, usually double shifted (day & night)
That will be 10 x40 x2 x£3000 =£240,000.00 fuel bill per month. Now that is some clout so why don,t they do something about it?:confused:
And that is just for one company:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back