Fuel Price

Don

I dont know what your take is on the fuel price, but I think its out of hand.
Now my method of rebelling is this.

Buy only from the indipendent garage, Ignoring BP & Esso Garages ETC.

Now if every member of this forum did that what a hole would that make in the refineries pocket.

Come on, whats your oppinion?

Don

fuel prices

coincedently had an E/M from a friend this morning saying the same,it was done in a chain letter style suggesting each recipient send it on to as many as possible. This is one of the VERY rare chains I would consider passing on as I think it is a brilliant idea,I realise a lot of our country members may have a bit of trouble finding independants but the rest of us should not find it to difficult.So why not give it a try.
snowgoose

I dont know what your take is on the fuel price, but I think its out of hand.
Now my method of rebelling is this.

Buy only from the indipendent garage, Ignoring BP & Esso Garages ETC.

Now if every member of this forum did that what a hole would that make in the refineries pocket.

Come on, whats your oppinion?

Don

Nice idea but it won't work. Where do the independents get thier fuel from?

Answer BP Esso etc.

Unfortunatly, as I have been lead to believe anyway, there are only something like 3 refineries in the country that produce fuel, therefore depending on where you live it all comes from the same place anyway, each refinery distributing fuel to all garages in that area.

I will add that I don't have independent proof that the above is correct, but it is the situation that I believe to exist.

Hi Geoff,
With due respect, that is true to a degree. Except that the independants get it at a lot less cost to allow for proffit. So if the Asda's and the like were making all the profit an Esso etc was only making on the refinaries with there Forecoarts standing empty, do you not think they would rethink the proffit margins.
Thats my thought anyway.

Don

there's an organisation called pipeline, 500,000 members
I dont know if you are aware of it
the main aim is to get the price of fuel down
its free to join and they are looking for more members
its maybe worth a look
http://www.pipelinecard.org/

sundown

The other reason that I posted this, Go back to the "Pub Fliers" Thread , 849 read that thread, If a similar number read this and maybe 2/300 think "why not" then its working.
But then again every one may just think B++++++s.

Never mind. Signed up on pipeline, any thing is worth a try.

Don

personaly, north of the border, I find tesco :eek:
is normaly 4 or 5p per litre cheaper than most
then with card points another 1p off
and sometimes they give double points
thats why I always fill to the gunnels before I head even farther north
sundown

fuel

well fellow drivers,I agree with sundown but we are running our new transit mh on a fuel mix about 50 pence per litre,the mix is tried and tested and have been using it for the last two years..

Lorry drivers do a slow drive on motorways to cause havoc could you imagine 20 white M H down the m6 we would certainly make the news:D:D

Especially with the CROMFORD 7 leading :):D:eek:

well fellow drivers,I agree with sundown but we are running our new transit mh on a fuel mix about 50 pence per litre,the mix is tried and tested and have been using it for the last two years..

What is the mix and where do you get it from, more info please.
Thanks Tone

What agood idea Cipro. When are you all available. Tally Ho.

Actually I use 50 / 50 Veg Oil, which lowers the average Ltr price to about 90p a litre. The only thing is Veg Oil producers have cottened on and that is also going through the roof.

I just love a good campaign.

Don

Lorry drivers do a slow drive on motorways to cause havoc could you imagine 20 white M H down the m6 we would certainly make the news:D:D

Especially with the CROMFORD 7 leading :):D:eek:
my beddy is always on a slow drive on the m/ways:eek::eek:

te mix we use is 50/50 thats new cooking oil from makro at 70p a litre and kerosene(heating oil) at 40 pence a litre-working out at 55p total.

Nice one teachertrish. Thats even cheaper than my mix, will have to get the Kerosine.
Does she not smoke with the Kerosine?:confused:

Any way will find out for myself, any thing for cheaper motorhoming.

I need to make it cheaper as I called of at my daughters tonight, left the Sat Nav in the window. Guesse what?:mad: Wasn't there when I came out, nor was the side window. But the alarm didn't go off, strange.:mad:

Don

te mix we use is 50/50 thats new cooking oil from makro at 70p a litre and kerosene(heating oil) at 40 pence a litre-working out at 55p total.

Just a little warning

If you were to be stopped by the VOSA people and they dipped you fuel tank you will have no motorhome .

Using vegetable oil is legal

Using Kerosene is not .

If you are caught it is treated as tax evasion and you will end up with a criminal record and will possibly face imprisonment .

Allmost certainly they will impound your pride and joy untill the courts have handed out your sentence

Having said all that I wish mine was diesel because I would do the same

Steve

Here we go again. The government allows 2500 litres a year before paying tax. It is Classed as Bio Diesel. I have spoken to revenue and no problem as long as I keep reciepts to show how much I use. Sorry Steve, you need to bring yourself up to speed with legislation.

Don

Here we go again. The government allows 2500 litres a year before paying tax. It is Classed as Bio Diesel. I have spoken to revenue and no problem as long as I keep reciepts to show how much I use. Sorry Steve, you need to bring yourself up to speed with legislation.

Don
i thought it was only biodiesel if it didn't have mineral oil based additives, would be interested in how it works if i am wrong as any saving is a saving.:)

Nice one teachertrish. Thats even cheaper than my mix, will have to get the Kerosine.
Does she not smoke with the Kerosine?:confused:

Any way will find out for myself, any thing for cheaper motorhoming.

I need to make it cheaper as I called of at my daughters tonight, left the Sat Nav in the window. Guesse what?:mad: Wasn't there when I came out, nor was the side window. But the alarm didn't go off, strange.:mad:

Don
sorry to hear about your satnav, allways take mine out but you can bet if i forgot..............................

Bio-diesel is only used veg oil filtered upteen times until pure. My local producer sells at 95p per litre so I use unused Veg oil mixed equelly with Diesel. Runs a treat, smells sweet.:D

Yep the first time i forgot, and a little toe rag took advantage.

Bio-diesel is only used veg oil filtered upteen times until pure. My local producer sells at 95p per litre so I use unused Veg oil mixed equelly with Diesel. Runs a treat, smells sweet.:D

Yep the first time i forgot, and a little toe rag took advantage.

i understand that veg oil and diesel is legal to use and if mine was diesel i would use it too but to me your local producer sounds as bad as the petrol producers and the government a rip off merchant i wonder if he declares his profit to the tax man seems to me like he makes nearly 100% profit

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back