For sale 1996 Swift Kontiki 640

Hank the Tank came about for two reasons. Named after Hank Marvin one of my favourite guitarists and a dear old family friend and legendary Cricketer (long gone) Hank Sanders who was a really big guy.

Hank the Tank came about for two reasons. Named after Hank Marvin one of my favourite guitarists and a dear old family friend and legendary Cricketer (long gone) Hank Sanders who was a really big guy.
I thought it was the flat front of the Luton.

Well that's Hank 1 gone. Done and dusted. What a day. I had concerns about the buyers. I figured it was going to be a difficult transfer. They don't do internet banking, he wasnt sure about sorting out insurance and the last thing I wanted was a delay and then him driving away at some point, pranging it and me being liable. So this morning I called them and offered to deliver it, go with them to their bank and do the transfer there. I was expecting later in the week but it had to be today at 1pm!

How hard can it be thought I to empty a motorhome you have a owned for 16 years and transfer it all to a new one? Feckin impossible that's how hard. 😂

Well we sort of did it. Half of it ended up being left on the drive as I drove off. Michelle was tearing up as I drove away in my mirror. Heartbreaking but this was the best way. Quickly!

The bank took 45 min! They asked all sorts of questions to make sure the new owner wasn't being scammed but we got there in the end. Did a handover and rode home on the scooter.

I warmed to the two oldies who bought it in the end. I think it's a bit of a project for him. She isn't interested. They lived on a small holding near Bishop Auckland. He owns another even older Kontiki and a classic caravan.

I wish them luck and if they have a fraction of the fun we had in that van they will be happy. I suspect he will be on the phone asking all sorts. I don't mind about that.

Less than 24 hours to sell it though. Result.

Last edited:
Well that's Hank 1 gone. Done and dusted. What a day. I had concerns about the buyers. I figured it was going to be a difficult transfer. They don't do internet banking, he wasnt sure about sorting out insurance and the last thing I wanted was a delay and then driving away at some point, pranging if and me being liable. So this morning I called them and offered to deliver it, go with them to their bank and do the transfer there. I was expecting later in the week but it had to be today at 1pm!

How hard can it be thought I to empty a motorhome you have a owned for two years and transfer it all to a new knew one? Feckin impossible that's how. 😂

Well we sort of did it. Half of it ended up on being left on the drive as I drove off. Michelle was tearing up as I drove away in my mirror. Heartbreaking but this was the best way. Quickly!

The bank took 45 min! They asked all sorts of questions to make sure the new owner wasn't being scammed but we got there in the end. Did a handover and rode home on the scooter.

I warmed to the two oldies who bought it in the end. I think it's a bit of a project for him. She isn't interested. They loved on a small holding near Bishop Auckland. He owns another even older Kontiki and a classic caravan.

I wish them luck and if they have a fraction of the fun we had in that van they will be happy. I suspect he will be on the phone asking all sorts. I don't mind about that.

Less than 24 hours to sell it though. Result.

Cancel the old insurance straight away Barry as that can lead to complications if you don't.

Without wishing to teach granny to suck eggs...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back