For sale 1996 Swift Kontiki 640

Fair bit of interest already but you have no idea what or who you are dealing with. Checked the profiles and I think they seem genuine. Some dumb questions though. What do people do if someone asks you for a phone number as reading the FB advice you should never give one? Pretty sure I did when I sold my bike though a couple of years ago.

Fair bit of interest already but you have no idea what or who you are dealing with. Checked the profiles and I think they seem genuine. Some dumb questions though. What do people do if someone asks you for a phone number as reading the FB advice you should never give one? Pretty sure I did when I sold my bike though a couple of years ago.
Barry, my gumtree experience when I sold my old Dethleffs to a gent way down south in England, him, do the pictures represent the the true condition of MH, as I have viewed some shite?

Me, yes pics taken prior to ad going up.

Him, bad points?

Me, outlined what I thought were bad points, which was little, also that summer MH took us to France and back with no issues. BTW, was a LHD.

Anyhooo, the gent arrived to view, he was happy and spent the night in van on my drive, next day bank transfer done, gent given relevant docs, then drove back home with his car to arrive a week later to pick up his purchase. Was amazing, no issues. That said though, I do have an honest face 🤪

Barry, my gumtree experience when I sold my old Dethleffs to a gent way down south in England, him, do the pictures represent the the true condition of MH, as I have viewed some shite?

Me, yes pics taken prior to ad going up.

Him, bad points?

Me, outlined what I thought were bad points, which was little, also that summer MH took us to France and back with no issues. BTW, was a LHD.

Anyhooo, the gent arrived to view, he was happy and spent the night in van on my drive, next day bank transfer done, gent given relevant docs, then drove back home with his car to arrive a week later to pick up his purchase. Was amazing, no issues. That said though, I do have an honest face 🤪

Yes despite all the detail I have still had a question asking for the good points and bad points. I covered absolutely everything. :rolleyes:

Not tried Gumtree or Ebay yet. Might see about that tomorrow.

I don’t do eBay, Barry, I use gumtree, which of course have scammers there too. You are not daft, it is not hard to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Im checking the profiles of all the buyers each time. Not spotted anything dodgy just yet. One guy has decided its not for him but a couple of others still interested. Trouble is I dont think they are reading the full description. I do go on a bit. :D

Im checking the profiles of all the buyers each time. Not spotted anything dodgy just yet. One guy has decided its not for him but a couple of others still interested. Trouble is I dont think they are reading the full description. I do go on a bit. :D
No you don’t go on, my line would be, if you are interested in Hank, let’s arrange a visit, if you do not want this approach, piss off.

This would be my approach!

if you do e bay the best type of ad is a classified ad set price & will stay up until you take it down good luck

Tell them to send you their number by FB. Then call them back withholding your number.

The facebook advice is not to give them your mobile number. Ive had two or three now just saying "Mobile number?". Nothing else. The profiles also look dodgy. I did think about asking them for their number and calling them but withholding my number. They just look like obvious chancers to me. Not interested.

I'm thinking of trying Autotrader Motorhomes for two weeks. They give you a temporary number which diverts to your mobile. Its not much for a basic ad. I need to get a wiggle on really as in just over two weeks time we hope to get away in the new van.

I have found that the people that want your mobile number are usually the genuine buyers, it is much easier to communicate on the phone rather than back and forth with messages,
Plus it is easier to tell if they are genuine buyers when you can actually talk to them,

Some folk think it dodgy if you wont ph them or vice versa, handy to have a second ph sim for dealing, old motor trade trick. ;)

Looks like its sold. Elderly couple came and looked at it just now. Bit of haggling but a price agreed and deposit paid. They are just going off to see if their son can help them do a bank transfer. They would have paid cash but I wasn't keen on that idea.

So long as you're happy.

Just need to massage the new one in the now.

Do you have power in the garage?

So long as you're happy.

Just need to massage the new one in the now.

Do you have power in the garage?

No power in the garage. They were so quick Ive not moved anything or even thought about moving batteries and solar controllers. Just sold as is.

Last edited:
There are plenty of other good MPPT ones out there that will charge whatever you need charging inc the starter battery, there are plenty of chaps on here far wiser than Moi or thee.

I'd use it as is then upgrade over winter perhaps.

There are plenty of other good MPPT ones out there that will charge whatever you need charging inc the starter battery, there are plenty of chaps on here far wiser than Moi or thee.

I'd use it as is then upgrade over winter perhaps.
I'm just going to get a proper job done Kev. Will see how it performs over summer. If it's shite I'll either get something done darn sarf or find ehu or maybe bugger off to Slovenia or something. 😁

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back