For sale 1996 Swift Kontiki 640

I think I would rather go for the honest approach. I dont want people driving a hundred miles only to find out it needs this that or the other. I think the fact that Ive owned it 16 years and had so much joy out of it and know every inch of it and intend to be totally honest about it should be a good selling point. I hope that honesty will come across in the eventual advert.

If I get no interest Ill just put it on a plinth in the back field with a guitar through the roof or summat. :ROFLMAO:
Of course honesty is the best policy but try and highlight the good and not so much the bad😏. I’m sure at the come and get me first to see will buy price you won’t have to explain anything as the van speaks for itself.

Quick look on Ebay Barry and it shows that yours is a very good price. I did see one that was a lot cheaper but it had a completely knackered engine and 800,000 miles on the clock according to the ad!

have you tried any of the 'we buy any...' sites? Won't cost you anything so you've nothing to lose. I tried them with my last van and it was a low offer but I hate selling stuff and dealing with tyre kickers so I eventually sold it for not much more than they offered anyway.

It was quite entertaining listening to the chap from 'we buy any motorhome' trying to get me to sell it to the them. He said if he walked away without buying it he would feel really guilty as the spores from the damp would probably kill me, "please, please don't ever sleep in it" was his last ditch attempt. :LOL:

Quick look on Ebay Barry and it shows that yours is a very good price. I did see one that was a lot cheaper but it had a completely knackered engine and 800,000 miles on the clock according to the ad!

have you tried any of the 'we buy any...' sites? Won't cost you anything so you've nothing to lose. I tried them with my last van and it was a low offer but I hate selling stuff and dealing with tyre kickers so I eventually sold it for not much more than they offered anyway.

It was quite entertaining listening to the chap from 'we buy any motorhome' trying to get me to sell it to the them. He said if he walked away without buying it he would feel really guilty as the spores from the damp would probably kill me, "please, please don't ever sleep in it" was his last ditch attempt. :LOL:

Cheers. No Ive not thought about them after hearing so many bad stories about them. I might do a proper ad over the weekend and stick it up on FB or maybe Ebay, give it a week and then maybe look at the we buy any shite lot. I need to shift it in two weeks really. All the Gaslow and rack stuff is getting done on the new van 8th and 9th of July and straight after that we are off. So if it dont sell between now and then its getting left on the drive all summer which is fine but it will be harder to sell the back end.

You definitely from Yorkshire?

No, Ill never be a true Yorkshireman. Born in Darlo. :D I had forgotten about the new exhaust and the full tank of LPG until Michelle reminded me. Now there is a woman who must be from Yorkshire! Hates spending money.

Its a good price .. I am sure that you will have no problem selling it
Is your personal registration plate included in the sale?
barry kant.jpg

Darn english and their spelling🤣 though I did have to zoom in
But seriously....
It is a cheap price for any motorhome these days.
Take the photos when it's empty....
Thats a bargin and good luck with the sale..

When you are posting photos, take out the water bottle, shoes, charging leads, coats, cleaning products, stuff in the bathroom etc. The emptier it is, the cleaner it looks (not cleaner as in dirty, I mean as in unfussy).
But a bit of cleaning of the cab floor/carpet might not go amiss!

Ads up on FB Market place. Will see how that goes and maybe stick it on ebay if there is no interest in the next couple of days

One thing I have not done is put a phone number. Apparently thats not a good idea. Easy to get scammed apparently. It will have to go through FB messenger.

Any further suggestions welcome.

Ads up on FB Market place. Will see how that goes and maybe stick it on ebay if there is no interest in the next couple of days

One thing I have not done is put a phone number. Apparently thats not a good idea. Easy to get scammed apparently. It will have to go through FB messenger.

All the best Barry, I hope you get rid of the “old girl” soon. (Not Michelle the van 😀) and I hope you enjoy the new van Barry, I am sure you both will. Good travels, and keep on Rockin (y)

I've tried to be a bit less frivolous this time.

My 10 commandments (suggestions really).

1) Look at a few dealers adverts and see what they do to give you more ideas.
The best idea is a stolen idea.

2)The MoHo could well attract a first timer so it is worth including some of the basic stuff in the list of features.
e.g. Gas & Electric heating / Hot water / 2 sinks / shower / 4 burner hob; grill; oven / 230 v circuit / captains seats / heating / ?? 12v sockets / TV outlets / alarm / number of berths / fridge / storage / cassette toilet / B2B

3) List any accessories that are included and describe them as "Extras" e.g. EHU cable

4) Give dimensions and weights

5) Include photos of front. Possibly an arty low down 3/4 shot

6) De-clutter the inside (every thing from tooth paste to boots, including the visible cables) and retake the interior photos.
i.e. This van is owned by a tidy person who looks after things.

7) Photo of control panel (technology impresses newbies!)

8) Include your location.

9) List any documentation. e.g. Sales invoice / old MOTs / service bills/ Hab reports

10) Stick a copy of the details in the vehicle window.

Good Luck

You might want to re-think your profile picture, would you buy a van of this man ;) ;)

Back